Sign in to follow this  
TeyKey1

In Development: Second Spirithaven Raid

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-second-spirithaven-raid

Commanders!

With the Enigma’s Legacy Battle Path over and the Anniversary Takedown slowly coming to an end, we understand that you might have some concerns regarding having enough to do in Armored Warfare. No worries though because another Raid event is coming in the near future and it’s going to be a big one.

Now, in case you forgot what Raid is, it’s a month-long event available directly in the game, much like a Battle Path. To join the event, you’ll have to complete 10 Contract Missions or, failing that, it will also be possible to buy your way into it with 499 Gold, but we promise it’ll be worth it.

As raiders, you’ll have a certain territory to conquer, starting from the middle. The territory is of rectangular shape with one of the four main prizes located in each corner. And what prizes they are.

PRIZES

Four unique skins await you during this event, each better than the last.

scr1

Revenant – an Egyptian-themed skin for the Wilk XC-8 Tier 10 TD. The mysteries of ancient deserts and kingdoms long lost to the sands of time await discovery with the God of Afterlife, Anubis himself, your guide and overlord. Unearth secrets long lost with the Revenant skin and its special abilities. Not only do its wheels show the phases of the Moon, but the hull itself sparks with eldritch energies born from the souls belonging to the jackal-headed divine. On top rests the Skull of Destiny, its eyes glowing with dark fire whenever an unfortunate enemy is spotted. Anubis always hungers for more souls and you are his Reaper. Do not disappoint him, though, or your own will be forfeit.

Gallery (Click to Open)

hell1

Hellbeast – this infernal skin is available for the Leclerc T4 Tier 10 MBT. Spawned from the depths of hell, this monster clawed its way out into the world of the living. Black iron, slag and cinder barely contain the inferno within, its very skin ablaze with the fury of its kin. Untamed, the beast will leave only flames and dust in its wake, turning the Earth into a twisted, smoldering version of its home.

Gallery (Click to Open)

kraken

Kraken – this skin is available for the K2 Black Panther Tier 10 MBT. There are fates even grimmer than the raging depths of hell. The cold dark of the abyss where souls linger for eons, mournfully looking up towards the unseen skies. The wretched denizens of the deep that eke out an existence feeding upon the damned generations of mariners lost to the sea. The still embrace of an eternity in a watery grave. A torment without end. Such terrors are embodied in the Kraken skin, its essence already half-consumed and phasing into the realm of spirits. Do not succumb to its lures, commanders, lest you join the legions of the dead powering this abomination.

Gallery (Click to Open)

scp001

Archangel – this skin is available for the XM1A3 Tier 10 MBT. Where there’s darkness, there must be light, but some light is terrifying to behold, representing not hope, but unforgiving retribution. Expect no mercy from this angel, for his sole focus is the annihilation of the infernal, his focus is unmoving and his quest eternal. He cares not for the suffering of man but should his goals align with yours, you’ll wield the might of all of creation. For a time, at least.

raider

Completing all the missions in the event will unlock a special Raider camouflage for all your vehicles as the ultimate prize for the players who want to have it all.

RULES

To get to them, you have to advance a path to each corner. To advance, you have to complete various randomized missions. You will have a choice between:

• PvP missions
  • PvE missions
  • General missions

The requirements for each mission will be randomized as well – some may require you to play a certain vehicle class, specific Tiers or even vehicles from a specific dealer. Since the last Raid, we have tuned the difficulty of some of these missions and have removed some of them based on your feedback, so you will hopefully find this Raid easier to progress through and more fun.

There are no timers in this event. You can complete as many missions as you like each day, although it’s worth noting that the missions do not change – to advance along the route you’ve chosen, you have to either complete the mission or choose a different path.

Alternatively, you have two other options that are available for Gold:

• You can automatically complete a mission using one Raider Ticket
  • You can change the mission to a different one using one Reroll Ticket

These tickets also appear as rewards as you progress through the mission, so you might save one or two for a rainy day.

For each mission completed, the next step along the route will be a Reward Point, where you claim your reward for the mission. There will be many prizes available. These Reward Points are also a part of your path, so you need to choose their position carefully. Either way, you can unlock every single field on the map as long as you complete the missions.

We hope that you will enjoy this event along with the prizes and, as always:

We’ll see you on the battlefield!

Curious what you guys think about it. Entry price sounds reasonable to me and the skins are definitely a big step up compared to the last one. 

Maybe going to waste some gold at it to get the Kraken and Hellbeast Skins. Those look very nice. 

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

not worth it, the skins are ugly AF. its something an edgy kid from early 2000 would want. at least we got the option to hide the skins in the settings

Well, at least the descriptions are nicely poetic.  The frustration is for newer players who don't own any of the vehicles for the skins, so there's no real big prize unless we grind all the way to the end?

Raider camo does look pretty cool - fits right into missions in the Minecraft Nether.

And when does the clock start for the qualifying contract missions? If it starts when the raid starts, we burn up a week just qualifying.... At least there are no timers.

QR

These skins reminded me appearance of some skins of event WoT tanks, which are temporary and have some time constraints like Halloween. WG made some ugly or silly things, but these new from AW ones beat stupidity contest. Most striking thing about it that there are actual dead bodies (i counted two on Kraken skin) as part of visible model, so it seems as a new standard of bad taste in AW. 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

1 hour ago, dfnce said:

Most striking thing about it that there are actual dead bodies (i counted two on Kraken skin) as part of visible model, so it seems as a new standard of bad taste in AW. 

In all fairness, what happens when infantry die in a match?

This wasn't to negate your point which is valid because having a dead body hanging out of the commander hatch is pretty tacky.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

I like the Raider camo so will have to evaluate the Raid once we have more information.  The skins are fine, but I'm not interested enough in any of them to actually participate just to get them.

5 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

In all fairness, what happens when infantry die in a match?

It's pretty clean - they despawn after awhile, and it's all very sanitary.  These bodies look like they've been sitting around for awhile getting spicy.

Maybe this is the dev team's way to work out suicidal tendencies after the 0.33-deadline squeeze?  If you read the Kraken description and add "at my.com" to each sentence, it's a good chuckle.

QR

I like em.  They are fun and different.  

Do they fit the game, not really.  Are they realistic, not really.  Are they fun, for me yes

10 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

It's pretty clean - they despawn after awhile, and it's all very sanitary.  These bodies look like they've been sitting around for awhile getting spicy.

Maybe this is the dev team's way to work out suicidal tendencies after the 0.33-deadline squeeze?  If you read the Kraken description and add "at my.com" to each sentence, it's a good chuckle.

QR

The plan is to make them move actually :) BRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSS

6 hours ago, Azdule said:

I like em.  They are fun and different.  

Do they fit the game, not really.  Are they realistic, not really.  Are they fun, for me yes

Thank you. That's what we were going for.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)

While skins seem goofy as fuck (nothing wrong with that), I just wonder will the raid grind be the same soul-numbing idiotic RNGfest like old one was or did they improve the missions somewhat? Doubt it tho.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, Schlock said:

While skins seem goofy as fuck (nothing wrong with that), I just wonder will the raid grind be the same soul-numbing idiotic RNGfest like old one was or did they improve the missions somewhat? Doubt it tho.

- OMG this feature is SHIT the game is DED we HAET u U retrdz Y U SO FAIL REEEEEEEEE
- Feature is actually really successful and significantly improves player engagement
- Bruh... picardfacepalm.jpg

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

- OMG this feature is SHIT the game is DED we HAET u U retrdz Y U SO FAIL REEEEEEEEE
- Feature is actually really successful and significantly improves player engagement

Well...I still stand by my comments - by leaving in the MBT progress is reset when taking damage...is a bit silly...because chip damage is real.  MBT campers will be abound.  Players are generally unhappy with this kinda of counter playstyle.  Also the large damage farms on low tier tanks are nothing but a face grind & time sink

12 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Uh, are you okay, mate? Is this your actual response to criticism?

Wow. Mycom really scrapes the bottom of the barrel if you are the public face of the company.

11 hours ago, Schlock said:

Uh, are you okay, mate? Is this your actual response to criticism?

Wow. Mycom really scrapes the bottom of the barrel if you are the public face of the company.

I believe SS's presence here is not in his official company capacity so his words are his own, not that of the company.  

My understanding is that if we report issues, like broken things, this may enable him to review it further or put on the company radar, but not in the same way as support tickets for example

I know he's here on his own will and not officially, but he's still posting under his well known name, avatar, so, whether he likes it or not, he's still the face of the company posting like a 21 year old incel on reddit.

Not to turn this thread into "let's shit on silentstalker", but "let's shit on mycom", there are some good ideas for Raid. Reroll and Raider tokens, for example, are good, however the implementation overall sucks. "Get xxx damage in low tier MBT, but only highest damage counts" is one of those dumb things. I could work if game was properly balanced, but it isn't. When low-tier games are populated by DCAs and Yorks, it is literally the roll of the dice will you be able to enter into PvE missions without one of there and then you have a chance to finish the mission. Higher tier missions suffer from same problem with Terminator/T-15 infestation. And again, you have to roll the dice and hope you will enter a mission without a T-15 that will do 45,000 damage without breaking a sweat. And since T-15 are the most played vehicle in T10 PvE, good luck with that.

Replace "do damage" with "tank damage" for MBTs would work, for example. Or rewrite the "only highest damage counts" with "only highest damage amongst vehicles of your own class" would also be something to consider.

But again, with 3.0 balance dumbdown and rapid reversal of well-deserved Terminator AC nerf, my expectacions are very, very limited.

Edited by Schlock (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Schlock said:

I know he's here on his own will and not officially, but he's still posting under his well known name, avatar, so, whether he likes it or not, he's still the face of the company posting like a 21 year old incel on reddit.

21 minutes ago, TekNicTerror said:

Yup, this day and age.... you work for a company.... what you do and say online reflects them as well.

No.

Everything SS says is entirely of his own opinion, and do not reflect that of the company unless he says so. This has been the policy of the forum (and companion Discord server) since day 1, and will remain that way as long as ArmoredLabs stands. I don't mind if SS wants to have a bit of fun here as just another community member, in fact I welcome it.

Spoiler

Eh okay. Still doesn't mean he needs to be posting like a fifteen year old 4chan edgelord in response to some legitimate criticism.

5 hours ago, Schlock said:

When low-tier games are populated by DCAs and Yorks, it is literally the roll of the dice will you be able to enter into PvE missions without one of there and then you have a chance to finish the mission.

Yes, my best Tier 3 is a souped-up M113 ACAV. I can pretty much predict the outcome by counting York >> DCA > ACAV = BVP-M80A > others with lower DPM, assuming all have decent operators that aren't AFK. No York, no DCA, the ACAV has a shot at a blue star.  Makes me feel bad for the Tiran 6 and Leopard 1 drivers just starting out... these days I just try to make sure they get at least 5 kills in case they are working on the anniversary challenge. 

That said, started grinding an AMX 50 in case the Raid wants me to go Frenchy.... decent tank, almost like a baby Stingray at T3, but it still lags behind all the above.

QR

17 hours ago, Schlock said:

Eh okay. Still doesn't mean he needs to be posting like a fifteen year old 4chan edgelord in response to some legitimate criticism.

What, I am young... on the inside.

Ok, fine then.

"Your opinion does not correspond to the data we have acquired."

21 hours ago, Schlock said:

Do you want to be the pot or the kettle?

The Archangel XM1A3 skin has now been revealed on the official discord server

ScreenShot0002.jpg

Also from SS:

Wings unfold, runes glow, parts are animated.

aMcZOFg.png