Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Freebie codes (from Reddit)

Just for sake of pointing things out, 1 million credits(if you do the direct conversion in game) is 625 gold.Add that with the 1000 gold and the price of a tier 3,5 and 6 premium, costing 800, 1500 and 3250 gold respectively gives out 6175 gold. I can't confirm the price of the tier 3 premium however, so that is just a estimate from the price of a tier 2 and tier 4 premium.

For simplification sake, let's take it at 6.2k gold which gives 30 euros(29.98 euros to be exact). Add that to the premium time and that gives a final total of 39 euros.

Now obviously we have no way to confirm that all the codes are actually working, but that still leaves a total of 39k euros of potential sales gone.

1 hour ago, b1uetears said:

39k euros of potential sales gone.

thats assuming that everyone that would have received those rewards would have spend that amount in the first place.

This game is a meme that never ends.

Also, yeah, potential sales. Keyword is potential. 1,000,000 credits is nothing. The 1,000 gold is kind of useful? The biggest things for a player would actually be the premium time and premium tanks. For a new player that would be grand. Most of us old folk have years of premium and tanks much better than those low tier freebie ones.

But for a new player they would mean the ability to actually make progress in a manner that doesn't make you want to lobotomize yourself. I can't imagine trying to progress through this game as a new player without premium time or premium vehicles because they made payouts so god awful that you basically NEED that to progress anywhere within acceptable time frames.

Edited by Abyss
Extending post and spelling mistakes. (see edit history)

Well if the codes were internal then yes, no matter how worth are by new or veteran players, its bad. And as haswell said the value of the content its a topic for another time.

I tried the game a lot of times with friends and they always say the same, the problem is the game it self, they didnt even use the ptime or ptanks. Well at least for me the grind is less compared to other games and thats why I keep playing.

Well my counter to the statement that the company lost sales from new players cause of the free stuff is that it should have been considered a free trial.

Players would be more likely to buy more premium time after having it for a month. Might even buy several months at a time or even a year';s worth at once.

They'd also be more likely to buy higher tiered premium tanks after seeing how much extra cash (credits, not to mention even more free xp) they get playing those low tiered ones when compared to their normal tanks and also when they notice they need better money makers later on as they tier up the lines.

If they are worried about potential loss of earnings, why don't they have every thing in the store all the time.

13 hours ago, Crossfader said:

thats assuming that everyone that would have received those rewards would have spend that amount in the first place.

That is the big issues with digital goods. When people find codes or sail the high seas and acquire digital goods without paying for them. This does not result in actual dollar for dollar loss in sales. In this case there might be a higher correlation due to the finite number of codes, but normally the quantity of the digital good in near infinite. Sense these codes were hidden/forgotten that again complicates the correlation. I would wager to near zero, but corporate bean counters don't see it that way.  

in the past when obsidian was still here, we could acquire multiple premiums with codes for free and now Silentstalker is here to come and nerf and ban and remove. He already won, as there is no playerbase still and veterans like me are leaving too. Silentstalker enjoy russian kids and fairy tale kids skin game ;)