Sign in to follow this  
Grenier

Infinite list of issues with the game

Been a while since I wanted to have a list with all my issues with the game, thought this would make for a neat topic on a forum. Don't hesitate to add your own.

Lets start with the only three things I like about the game : PvE mode, lore/story (no matter how bad), new tanks model are quite nice. Aaand thats it?

The bad stuff, in no particular order :

1. The awfully constant terrible game balance. Was there a point in time when it was actually decent? And lets not forget the trend of making balance even worse every single time. This game has the worst balancing I have ever witnessed.
  2. The garbage sound effects. ALL of them. Really, it's awful. When they introduced new engine sounds, it was only on YOUR vehicle. Others vehicle passing next to you STILL HAVE THE OLD SOUND. That's retarded... I'm not including voice acting or music here though. Although, I am a bit disapointed by the music. WoT garage/loading battle music is still engraved in my mind.
  3. Butchered armor layouts. Round is flat! Unless it's eastern stuff!
  4. Logic isn't a thing in game. At all. Tons of stuff just doesn't make sense.
  5. Insane standardization of ammo/armor/APS/AC RoF/damage values. I swear they drew a graph to decide what pen should each tank have on each tier. ALL APS are 360°, EXECPT ONE, because it's strapped to the front of the CV Ghost. It can't work on the side or back here, noooo! Must use logic HERE AND HERE ONLY!
  6. No new progression vehicles because "some players will insta grind them". Yeah what about the new players? There are definitively some new players coming in, they don't matter?
  7. Our economy is broken ! Anyway, here is SEVENTY millions credits as BP rank rewards! Gold is also kinda easy to get for free when you have most premiums.
  8. Bugs not getting fixed. If it's not game breakin', I ain't fixin'! Really though, there a LOT of minor (or not so minor) bugs that have been here for years. Like the explosion sound on Hydra, or the bug that freeze all dialogue after some time. Some people simply have no dialogue in Spec Ops. This bug was reported on the FORUM, hundreds of years ago, and is still here. (It seems performance related though)
  9. Bots behavior. It's not good.
  10. Not enough devs, not enough ressources. Game can't progress or improve.
  11. RAIDS.
  12. PvP maps are so bad. Only Desert Crossing is decent, but it's a GLOPS map.... 
  13. GLOPS is a big disapointment. It could have been so much more. Nope, devs abandonned it.
  14. Graphics and optimisation. Mediocre at best, and I feel I'm too generous.
  15. Double tap missiles. Really unnecessary and unbalanced.
  16. They don't listen, don't care about anyone.
  17. We drive modern vehicles, and yet nothing can accurately shoot on the move.
  18. We drive modern vehicles with impressive combat ranges, and yet 400 meters is considered long range in game. Maps are way too small (and terribad).
  19. All new vehicles NEED a gimmick.
  20. Balance. Again really.
  21. Powercreep. Is there any reason to play the Cent 120 honestly? TR-85 VS Type 74? Kornet-EM and Kornet-D1? T-14-152 and 195? VT5 Vs ZTQ-15?
  22. Changes that are not on patchnotes. They are WAY TOO MANY OF THEM! If changes aren't even correctly documentaded and transmitted, no wonder game balance is this bad.
  23. PTZ-89 and Assaulter being T7 while they should be T6 and T5 respectively. Same with ST1, why T8? T7 would have been enough, there isn't even a T7 vehicle in that line.
  24. Dealerless prems. Oh wait! Nice!
  25. Arty. Either make it worth it or remove it.
  26. Inventory with parts of the same stuff that don't stack together. This was 'fixed' right?
  27. New changes aren't even tested at all. No really, I weirdly hope so, because if it is.... Oh my...
  28. Russian BIAS. I mean... kinda? T-72 being stupid strong (HEAT resistant LFP, 800 damage per HEAT...). 73mm HEAT doing twice the damage it should, Eastern tanks don't have their model butchered, at least not nearly as much as Chieftains and M48s.
  29. Commander/Crew skills issues : description isn't complete, filler skills with useless stats, skills straight up not working (those are getting fixed at least) and weird numbers with lots of decimals.
  30. A lot of stuff I'am thinking about falls under the "no logic" point. So here we go again.
  31. MBTs being blind. Lower VR than the rest for balance sake? Yes. 330m VR? NO. That's awful even in WoT right?
  32. Spec Ops coming 1 episode at a time. I did Chap 4 of Apocalypse 4 times in total. I'm tired of Chap 1 and 2.
  33. No "reconnect" button when you are disconnected from server. Must restart the whole game.
  34. Bad server? My connection isn't good, but a rather unstable 80ms while I am ~600km from the server seems bad. I remember playing other games on servers at similar distances, and my ping was almost never higher than 65. Usually around 55/60ms.
  35. That annoying yelling lady on Watchdogs.
  36. Sit in a circle to complete that objective. Prevent the enemy from sitting in that other circle for too long. Then sit in that circle over there for 1 minute so you can "evacuate the area"
  37. Desert Path is so insanely badly designed, OMG.
  38. ERA usually explode in HUGE chunks. Maybe it's how it work IRL, but I doubt it? What would be the point of making small ERA blocks then?
  39. Speaking about ERA... The Oplot. The only reason I didn't buy it, is because its missing most of its ERA.
  40. Griff/STRV/T-15K ACs, as well as Jav/Raybolt missiles being ping dependent. The higher your ping, the worse your RoF/Lock on time is. Whyyyy?
  41. Scrolling through the vehicle carousel using the mouse wheel not working sometimes. So annoying!
  42. "This vehicle's light armor offers basic protection from autocannons and machineguns." Yeah.... About that....
  43. Infantry. Mamamia, the infantry! Between not being able to deploy them (door open, then immediately close), the sniper moaning, the AT squad being children that can't even aim at all, and them running INTO you when you get close, or even when you aren't moving at all, they are just really, really annoying!
  44. Coaxial MGs that can't elevate or depress, sometimes having barely any elevation at all. We are still waiting the fix.
  45. Leclerc not having its .50 cal Coax. Won't change much considering the 3 of them have crazy RoF, but still, gib .50 cal!
  46. The time it takes to install an update. IDK about others, but it takes AGES for me.
  47. The spawn points on almost all PvE maps. Either our respawn points or the bots spawn points, there are a lot of terrible spawn points.
  48. Bots not moving at all, staying where they spawned.
  49. Plenty of hitboxes (maybe still on tanks such as the TTB) are bigger than their visual model. It's even worse with environment/buildings.
  50. Quite a few cap circles need between 1 to 3 additionnal seconds after the timer is complete to actually be considered capped.
  51. Physics are awful, collisions are awful.
  52. ATGM spam is still very real in PvE.
  53. You can shoot through a brick wall with any chemical round, or 2 or 3, but the windows of a car, a wooden bench or other objects will stop everything.
  54. Armor has a completely arbitrary modifier for KE/HEAT resistance on pretty much every tank. Even on all steel tanks.
  55. Why is the T-14 Armata soft kill so god damn good compared to others soft kill? Even at 50 meters, the thing will make your missile miss by a lot.
  56. Programmable HE is mostly useless. The thing got a Dev diary, its own video, then got added to only two tanks, and is SO situational. To work, it require a precise situation and very precise aiming for it to be worth it. Sound cool, doesn't work?
  57. You can't uninstall some modules. I had to sell my M1128 MGS and buy it again so I could remove the hard kill APS so it doesn't look awful for the screenshot contest.
  58. VT5 and WWO Wilk spamming ATGMs in PvE. As if there wasn't enough ATGMs flying around already.
  59. ADATS in PvE. Kornet, AFT, Hellfire? No no! ADATS? That's where the limit is drawn my dude! 6 rapid fire missiles and pretty fast missiles that deal close to 300? chip damage, so much fun everytime an ADATS spawn!
  60. The new AC 0.7s burst "fix". Annoying to me. Feels like lag.
  61. Fixed ATGM launchers that shouldn't be fixed. 
  62. "Armor saved us" happening when your ERA is destroyed but you still get damaged.
  63. The way arty support shells are implemented, especially your gun elevating to its maximum in order to shoot them.
  64. Prems with fixed camo.
  65. Dirt system. Inconsistent (some vehicle are always filthy while others are almost clean, and that in garage with the same dirt setting), you can't turn it off and it's not looking good honestly. It was fun for a couple weeks at best.
  66. Same ammo+same gun+different vehicle = different stats. Solve this one. No, "balance" doesn't work here.
  67. "Steel with air gaps"
  68. The insane amount of sparks large ACs will produce on pens. It murders FPS and is painful to look at due to the flashing.
  69. NICE
  70. Pillboxes : they fire dumb autopen missiles. This is dumb, not the missiles, the concept.
  71. 50 meters auto spotting distance. I don't like that. Something to prevent tanks from literally appearing while ramming you as you were going around a corner or something, yes, but what we have, no.
  72. Bot diversity is still garbage. Missile spammers or PL/Anders/K21 everywhere.
  73. In replay mode, your vehicle diseappear when the camera get too close to it. Sooooo practical for close ups.
  74. In replay mode, the free cam max height is fix. For example, on Carson city, you can barely go higher than a few meters above ground on the narrow path in the northern part.
  75. In replay mode, if during the match you held right click to lock your gun/turret in place, it will still move in the replay. Basically, all my fancy ideas for the screenshot contest are ruined :( (Ahah I won)
  76. The 5% camo bonus, well, camo gives. Why can't we just get rid of the bonus or something?
  77. PvE missions finishing early because you killed the final bot wave while bots from earlier are still present. Umbrella and Prometheus are good examples of that.
  78. Lts spamming smoke. They just spam it. I swear just shooting your MG at them is enough to trigger them to use smoke.
  79. If in your loadout you have HEAT in slot 1, AP in 2 and HE in 3, and run out of AP while having HEAT pre selected, HE will be loaded regardless. It will always go to the next slot no matter what when you run out of a type of ammo.
  80. Some missiles will come out of your gun barrel instead of their tube, making using them much easier.
  81. There is no indication that your ATGM launchers are blocked by something, especially annoying on vehicle with launchers far apart.
  82. Overprogression is terrible.
  83. The K2 line is a mess : A wheeled TD, a LT, 2 AFVs, then the K2.
  84. Vehicles with blowout panels that don't have them working in game.
  85. Straight up false bots descriptions for Labyrinth mode. AFVs are autopen, MBTs have 3? times their normal HP.
  86. Vehicle bitmaps? are often terrible leading to realistic (or not) camos looking like a mess.
  87. Cage armor is 99% useless. It's 5mm of additional armor in most cases, won't stop anything at all, even the worst HEAT/HESH or even HE rounds (even before the low tier great unbalancing). 
  88. Some coax MGs are pin point accurate under all conditions, others are highly innacurate. I don't get it. Also, if you are shooting one of the inacurate one, and swap back to your main gun, you will have to wait for your aim circle to, well aim again.
  89. The way bots choose their targets : easiest first (hence the complete focus on infantry), the one that's shooting me the most (even MG no pen are enough sometimes) and then the most 'threatening'. As far I know, that's how they work.
  90. Unclear retro description : "Largest aim circle size", so what? It only improve accuracy when the reticle is at its largest? Well, nope! How hard could fixing text be... Hmmmm....
  91. K1A1 lootbox based modules. That was sooooo scummy. I don't care it's old, it was a scam.
  92. Forced setups : Single shot K21? TTB? Altay? Nope, deal with it!
  93. No differences between missiles guidance systems : wired, radio, radar, thermal imager, and so on.... Nope, all the same!
  94. Some of the contract missions are just garbage : perfect accuracy with 20 frags, Detonator, win X matches in a row. (Deals X assist damage, GUYS PLEASE JUST CLICK ON STUFF REEEEEE)
  95. Some commanders skills that are too much : Sabrina 50% bonus module damage, Alisa ramming skills that allow the Storm to ram MBTs front for 1.5K and up(Ok, maybe a bit nitpicky here), OPhelia, Erin camo. 
  96. AC-130 in GLOPS. Should have been a automatic bonus for a team that is losing badly. It's a super UAV combined with a death machine.
  97. MGs are doing non pen damage for some reason. Why? It's so weird!
  98. MM brackets in PvE meaning T4 will mostly pair with T5 and T7 with T8. T7 PvE can be painful for some vehicles.
  99. Exhaust smoke will hide the enemy before hiding you, even while reversing. It's awful.
  100. Gongraturations! 100 issues with the game (more or less). 
  101. The useless 5 seconds of invulnerability. 5s is too short, and if you shoot, it's over instantly. Useless.
  102. A vehicle can use X number of weapon systems? Too bad, here is the one we chose/made up!
  103. The magical off map arty on AD4 that can shoot through walls while dealing 800+? dmg a shot.
  104. Your coax MG take up an ammo slot. Yeah, sometimes I take HEAT, AP, HE and missiles! If you don't carry any, the game will remind you, showing you a message using the old UI. (kek)
  105. Ally smoke might interfere with your ATGM guidance...
  106. No realistic UI/Sights. I know it would be hard to implement them considering the very arcade nature of the game though.
  107. Gun sights are in your barrel. I would love realistic sights placement and being able to see your tank while aiming in first person.
  108. Stuff that should be ERA but isn't (T-90 squares on the sides for example), stuff that shouldn't be ERA but is (Derithingy ERA is just bulletproof floaty thingies)
  109. No AMX-13 (outside of the DCA variant) in the game. There is enough to make a small tech tree ! Oh... That's why... A tech tree ahah, what a strange idea! 

I'll edit the post as more and more things comes to mind.

Edited by Grenier (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

MBT 330m view range ? no hahah it is 160m in PVE and 330m in PVP. MBT's while moving are unable to spot tanks that are not shooting at them within 100m in PVE, while being spotted instantly cos of 0% camo while moving

Not to mention that the bots can spot you outside of their view range. I have seen, thru other players spotting, bots tracking me when I am outside of their view range.

You may want to add to the list:

• SACLOS guided missiles don't work right.
  • BOT missles are immune to soft kill APS
  • LT Bots with stats far greater than the maxed out player equivalent tank, i.e. pen, damage, and HP pool.

5 hours ago, JintoLin said:

Not to mention that the bots can spot you outside of their view range. I have seen, thru other players spotting, bots tracking me when I am outside of their view range.

Not exactly.  They can't spot you from outside of their view range, but they can (and do) track your position.  This is why they're able to fire so rapidly once you become spotted - they're already tracking you and aimed, they just need the spot in order to fire.

They'll do this when you're the only person around, too.  I've gone forward to scout, spotted an enemy that's not paying attention to me, fired at it without getting spotted, and had it spin its turret to aim right at me.  Pretty much the only time this doesn't happen is if they're already tracking someone else, or if someone is spotting the bot for you and you are completely out of max VR when you fire.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, Grenier said:

Been a while since I wanted to have a list with all my issues with the game, thought this would make for a neat topic on a forum. Don't hesitate to add your own.

Lets start with the only three things I like about the game : PvE mode, lore/story (no matter how bad), new tanks model are quite nice. Aaand thats it?

1. The awfully constant terrible game balance. Was there a point in time when it was actually decent? And lets not forget the trend of making balance even worse every single time. This game has the worst balancing I have ever witnessed.
  2. The garbage sound effects. ALL of them. Really, it's awful. When they introduced new engine sounds, it was only on YOUR vehicle. Others vehicle passing next to you STILL HAVE THE OLD SOUND. That's retarded... I'm not including voice acting or music here though. Although, I am a bit disapointed by the music. WoT garage/loading battle music is still engraved in my mind.
  5. Insane standardization of ammo/armor/APS/AC RoF. I swear they drew a graph to decide what pen should each tank have on each tier. ALL APS are 360°, EXECPT ONE, because it's strapped to the front of the CV Ghost. It can't work on the side or back here, noooo! Must use logic HERE AND HERE ONLY!
  6. No new progression vehicles because "some players will insta grind them". Yeah what about the new players? There are definitively some new players coming in, they don't matter?
  7. Our economy is broken ! Anyway, here is SEVENTY millions credits as BP rank rewards! Gold is also kinda easy to get for free when you have most premiums.
  8. Bugs not getting fixed. If it's not game breakin', I ain't fixin'! Really though, there a LOT of minor (or not so minor) bugs that have been here for years. Like the explosion sound on Hydra, or the bug that freeze all dialogue after some time. Some people simply have no dialogue in Spec Ops. This bug was reported on the FORUM, hundreds of years ago, and is still here. (It seems performance related though)
  11. RAIDS.
  12. PvP maps are so bad. Only Desert Crossing is decent, but it's a GLOPS map.... 
  13. GLOPS is a big disapointment. It could have been so much more. Nope, devs abandonned it.
  18. We drive modern vehicles with impressive combat ranges, and yet 400 meters is considered long range in game. Maps are way too small (and terribad).
  21. Powercreep. Is there any reason to play the Cent 120 honestly? TR-85 VS Type 74? Kornet-EM and Kornet-D1? T-14-152 and 195? VT5 Vs ZTQ-15?
  22. Changes that are not on patchnotes. They are WAY TOO MANY OF THEM! If changes aren't even correctly documentaded and transmitted, no wonder game balance is this bad.
  23. PTZ-89 and Assaulter being T7 while they should be T6 and T5 respectively. Same with ST1, why T8? T7 would have been enough, there isn't even a T7 vehicle in that line.
  26. Inventory with parts of the same stuff that don't stack together.
  27. New changes aren't even tested at all. No really, I weirdly hope so, because if it is.... Oh my...
  28. Russian BIAS. I mean... kinda? T-72 being stupid strong (HEAT resistant LFP, 800 damage per HEAT...). 73mm HEAT doing twice the damage it should, Eastern tanks don't have their model butchered, at least not nearly as much as Chieftains and M48s.
  29. Commander/Crew skills issues : description isn't complete, filler skills with useless stats, skills straight up not working (those are getting fixed at least) and weird numbers with lots of decimals.
  30. A lot of stuff I'am thinking about falls under the "no logic" point. So here we go again.
  31. MBTs being blind. Lower VR than the rest for balance sake? Yes. 330m VR? NO. That's awful even in WoT right?
  32. Spec Ops coming 1 episode at a time. I did Chap 4 of Apocalypse 4 times in total. I'm tired of Chap 1 and 2.
  33. No "reconnect" button when you are disconnected from server. Must restart the whole game.
  34. Bad server? My connection isn't good, but a rather unstable 80ms while I am ~600km from the server seems bad. I remember playing other games on servers at similar distances, and my ping was almost never higher than 65. Usually around 55/60ms.
  36. Sit in a circle to complete that objective. Prevent the enemy from sitting in that other circle for too long. Then sit in that circle over there for 1 minute so you can "evacuate the area"
  38. ERA usually explode in HUGE chunks. Maybe it's how it work IRL, but I doubt it? What would be the point of making small ERA blocks then?
  39. Speaking about ERA... The Oplot. The only reason I didn't buy it, is beacause its missing most of its ERA.
  40. Griff/STRV/T-15K ACs, as well as Jav/Raybolt missiles being being dependent. The higher your ping, the worse your RoF/Lock on time is. Whyyyy?
  41. Scrolling through the vehicle carousel using the mouse wheel not working sometimes. So annoying!
  42. "This vehicle's light armor offers basic protection from autocannons and machineguns." Yeah.... About that....
  43. Infantry. Mamamia, the infantry! Between not being able to deploy them (door open, then immediately close), the sniper moaning, the AT squad being children that can't even aim at all, and them running INTO you when you get close, or even when you aren't moving at all, they are just really, really annoying!
  44. Coaxial MGs that can't elevate or depress, sometimes having barely any elevation at all. We are still waiting the fix.
  45. Leclerc not having its .50 cal Coax. Won't change much considering the 3 of them have crazy RoF, but still, gib .50 cal!
  46. The time it takes to install an update. IDK about others, but it takes AGES for me.
  47. The spawn points on almost all PvE maps. Either our respawn points or the bots spawn points, there are a lot of terrible spawn points.
  49. Plenty of hitboxes (maybe still on tanks such as the TTB) are bigger than their visual model.
  50. Quite a few cap circles need between 1 to 3 additionnal seconds after the timer is complete to actually be considered capped.
  53. You can shoot through a brick wall with any chemical round, or 2 or 3, but the windows of a car, a wooden bench or other objects will stop everything.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, Grenier said:

5. Insane standardization of ammo/armor/APS/AC RoF. I swear they drew a graph to decide what pen should each tank have on each tier. ALL APS are 360°, EXECPT ONE, because it's strapped to the front of the CV Ghost. It can't work on the side or back here, noooo! Must use logic HERE AND HERE ONLY!
  11. RAIDS.
  26. Inventory with parts of the same stuff that don't stack together.
  39. Speaking about ERA... The Oplot. The only reason I didn't buy it, is beacause its missing most of its ERA.
  40. Griff/STRV/T-15K ACs, as well as Jav/Raybolt missiles being being dependent. The higher your ping, the worse your RoF/Lock on time is. Whyyyy?
  49. Plenty of hitboxes (maybe still on tanks such as the TTB) are bigger than their visual model.

You also need to add the following:

very bad texture of the maps that are old [ the very first in the game]

FPS dropping to 20-25 when multiple AI's are firing simultaneous - sound disappear at that time

Garage looks as from a 2000 game and UI settings are useless

On 12/28/2021 at 2:14 PM, JintoLin said:

• SACLOS guided missiles don't work right.
  • BOT missles are immune to soft kill APS
  • LT Bots with stats far greater than the maxed out player equivalent tank, i.e. pen, damage, and HP pool.
  • True, in game different guidance systems pretty much don't exist. No top downs and Javelin/Raybolt don't really count, they are all garbage.
  • pretty much yeah.
  • I don't really mind that. Appart from their VR.
    On 12/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, Terminator83 said:

FPS dropping to 20-25 when multiple AI's are firing simultaneous - sound disappear at that time

That's pretty much all part of "graphics". I don't mind the UI that much.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:24 PM, Terminator83 said:

FR On god. I play on a basic PC and it takes me 10 mins to load into a game. Performance issues existed for the awhile now. Last time I played the game was around 2 years ago and now the extremely low fps still exists.