Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Payouts and Objective Multipliers

TL;DR: different maps have different multipliers. Here's the table for quick reference:

M9OHbR7.png

Ever wondered how base XP is calculated and how to maximize your earnings? This is a short guide explaining how it works.

flXUMrU.png

Base XP is what you see on the team results panel.

You will probably have noticed that you tend to get higher payouts on certain maps compared to others, despite having performed similarly in terms of total damage/kills/other factors. This is because your payout is determined by two major factors: your own performance, and the map's objective multipliers. Base XP is calculated using the following formula:

base_xp = performance * difficulty_multiplier * objective_bonus_multiplier

The following screenshots will show where these could be found:

QvgHLpl.jpg

oVDgJAy.jpg

blT0AHE.jpg

Following the base XP formula, my base XP of 1033 could be obtained with the following calculation:

1033 = 222 * 1.3 * 3.58

As mentioned above, different maps have different objective bonuses, you can consult the table at the beginning of this post for all the numbers. The difficulty multiplier is dependent on the game mode, where hardcore PvE and extreme spec ops will always have a multiplier of 1.3 (until they change it again).

The efficiency stat is more of a mystery. The total efficiency can be broken down into combat, damage and spotting efficiency numbers, none of which are clearly explained in the game. I can only assume they are derived from your raw and assist damage, time spent spotting, proximity to enemies and number of kills/assists.

Since the objective bonus multiplier different from map to map, the economic strategy is to never play on maps with low multipliers if you can help it, especially not on your first daily win because of the daily bonus. Utilizing the map tracker program can let you know exactly what maps are in the current rotations, as well as when they will become active. https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/10-armored-warfare-pve-mission-rotation-tracker/

Hope all this helps!

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

It surely helps, thank you!

I have been told that now the PvE secondary objectives only bring more credits, but not more xp, can you confirm it? 

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

I have been told that now the PvE secondary objectives only bring more credits, but not more xp, can you confirm it? 

100% positive, secondaries only reward extra credit multipliers now but not XP.

Spoiler

I think we might be able to metagame this data to find the most efficient maps for grinding. I'll start tallying my completion times for different maps to see if we can get an average XP multiplier per minute value. Might be able to do the same thing with a credit multiplier per minute value, but that would need to take secondaries into account.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

Too bad Meltdown doesn't seem to appear in Hardcore rotation anymore. I remember last playing it a year or two ago, then it just disappeared.

Meltdown still shows up.  I've seen it in the last month for sure, possibly as recently as last week.

The time-to-play information that MK_Regular is looking into plays into it.  Most map rotations have a tendency to settle into a particular rhythm based on the time it takes to complete each map.  Even though there are always 10 maps in a rotation, you might for example always only see #2, #5, and #8 and then repeat.  That's because those 3 maps perfectly fit a 30-minute rotation, so every time you queue up you're keeping to those maps.  They're a "perfect" cycle.

There are obviously 7 other maps in the rotation, but their play lengths usually seem to cause 1 of 2 things to happen: 1) there's a separate 3-map cycle that also settles into a perfect 30-minute rotation, or 2) the other maps show up once but then due to the length of time it takes to play them they toss you into the 3-map "perfect" cycle.  Even when #1 is true, that still means the other 4 maps in the rotation caused #2 to happen.

So when you get online and start playing, it's going to rapidly appear that there are only 3 maps available.  To see more maps, you have to deliberately wait for the map to change and then play, and see if that breaks you out of the "perfect" cycle.  But if you wait and that next map is Ricochet, which is extremely short, you're probably going to bounce right back into your previous rotation.  Or if that next map is a long one - like Meltdown - you might skip a map in your rotation but then end up right back in it.

Preliminary results after 2 and a half weeks:

47 data points, most maps don't have a statistically significant (at least 3) number of games played. I'm assuming that there is a 3 minute turn around time between matches (game ends, results screen pops up, select new vehicle, join queue, get match, load match, finish countdown), and am adjusting the average times accordingly.

Of the maps that I can draw conclusions on so far, Leviathan has the best base credit multiplier per minute (CM/M) ratio of 1.55, and is tied with Cavalry for the best base XP multiplier per minute (XM/M) ratio at 0.33.

I'm not really in a position to play more matches at the moment, so I'll leave the current copy of the spreadsheet here for anyone who might be interested.

AW Grinding Map Meta.xlsx

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

Damn, I knew Leviathan was good, but not to this degree.

I wonder if we can eventually work out an "ideal" map rotation in terms of XP or credits per minute. Accounting for the average time spent in each map and queue times, there's probably an ideal set of maps that would maximize the income provided the highest paying maps are spaced out appropriately so they can be played back to back.

Spoiler

how hard would it be to work out rotation based on a different set of criteria?   rotation based on team rank  (#1, middle of standings and last place).  if that even affects rotation.  I'm most always last place when the highest can be as much as 7x higher than me.  

I don't think that if you rank high or low on a certain map changing map can change much your performance compared to the other players.

Sure some maps are easier and others, let's say Tsunami, much harder if you don't know what to do and some missions can be better suited for some play styles and with certain tanks, ie Banshee is very difficult if you play with some missile tank that lacks of armor and have an offset between the rocket and the aiming reticle as you have often to fire trough little windows and the chance that it hits an obstacle is high, while with that same tank Perseus is a very easy mission as you have open lines of fire, plenty of bushes to hide and make good use of your camo, so your style and the tank you are driving affect how you do in a certain mission.

But on average who performs well in a mission performs well in all them and who don't will not find a magic mission that makes him shine. So as the reward multipliers can go from 2.65 (xp) and 11 (credits) of Ricochet to 4.47 and 22.02 of Leviathan I think that playing the missions with the better multiplier is the most rewarding option both if on average someone performs well or not, the only other thing important is how a mission lasts, a very short one, that you usually complete in a little time, can give the same time/reward ratio of a long one with a better multiplier.

I also think, and this maybe is OT here, that to play every time the same few missions only because are the most rewarding becomes boring, PvE is somehow boring in itself as the bots do the same things every time, the only variables are the tank you are playing and the teammates if you play with randoms, to restrict it only to the most rewarding missions makes it even more boring, transform it in a work where the only scope is the grind while we are playing an online game that will not bring us any glory or money in the RL, our main reward should be the fun we have playing. So while for the tanks that I really want to grind I play at least the time when the first victory of the day is active on a well rewarding map I also like to play most of the less rewarding maps, at least the ones that I have fun playing, I usually skip Ricochet because I don't like it as mission, but as I like Umbrella or Starry Night I often play them if i find them in the queue, even if are low reward ones.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Bumping to update with objective multipliers with the new Desert series maps. Anyone played them yet?

Desert Viper: 3.3 XP, 15 credits

Spoiler

It looks like all five missions give x3.3 XP multiplier and x15 credits multiplier on Hardcore difficulty (x10 credits multiplier if secondary objective is not complete).

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png