Sign in to follow this  
Arto

Mod skin suggestion thread

Here is a thread for you to suggest skin ideas to be modded in - mostly for myself, but if others like Tahax and Tobiichi are interested, I encourage them the pick up some suggestions too. Just let me know if you claim any. :)

Lets lay down some ground rules:
1. Be respectful. AKA don't be a dick.
2. Please include some pictures with your suggestion. The more, the better - multiple angles, close up shots of any insignia or markings - it all improves the chances of your suggestion being realised.
3. Suggestions based on real tank photos will have higher priority. Fantasy / other game / movie skins are not out of the question, but have lower priority.

WHAT IS CURRENTLY POSSIBLE:
- full paint layer replacement - accuracy varies per tank due to UV mapping
- modifications to existing skins
- minor normal map changes (texture based fake-3D detail - anti-slip strips, small indentations and such)
- attaching already existing in-game models (think cage armor, extra MGs, RCWS)
- visually removing some parts of the tank - varies highly depending on tank, unreliable

EXAMPLE SUGGESTION:

Modification to Chieftain Mk.11 Leader to add real markings based on Bovington Tank Museum example.
Imgur link with multiple angles:
https://imgur.com/a/rT8ihwE
Chieftain-MBT-mod-1440x500.webp?ex=656b5

• Upvote 3

Suggestion #1

Firefly skin for the M51 

j7fs60zlad191.jpg

rxguv5qur7331.jpg

d6oyknoakk591.jpg

sxdxkq8b71u91.jpg

otzrchmisn731.jpg

Suggestion #2

Rhône skin for a french tank, presumably Leclerc or Leclerc prototype.

More images: https://www.peachmountain.com/5star/Museum_Tanks_Musee_des_Blindes_Char-B1-bis-tank.asp

Renault_B1_bisTanks_in_the_Musee_des_Blindes_France_pic-9.jpg

Suggestion #3

Desert Queen for a British tank

Link: https://www.peachmountain.com/5star/Museum_Tanks_Musee_des_Blindes_Saumur_Matilda_Tank.aspx

Matilda_II_01.jpg

• Upvote 2

What you have in mind is great. Now developers have begun to pay more attention to realistic appearances and skins in the game, but still not enough. My opinion is that first of all it would be nice to fix inappropriately painted tanks such as the T-62M, Vickers MK7 and the like. It would also be nice to pay attention to vehicles that have been neglected by developers, such as the Chieftain series tanks

T-62M.jpg

T-62M-1.jpg

rvAnFLT.jpg

ljA7dPG.png

F9tIQnH.jpg

0qssTke.png

GLDc2AP.jpg

valiant1.png

1373942112_chieftain-tank-1-1024x768.jpg

Chieftain_Tank_(9628802829).jpg

9 hours ago, eXeStyle said:

What you have in mind is great. Now developers have begun to pay more attention to realistic appearances and skins in the game, but still not enough. My opinion is that first of all it would be nice to fix inappropriately painted tanks such as the T-62M, Vickers MK7 and the like. It would also be nice to pay attention to vehicles that have been neglected by developers, such as the Chieftain series tanks

It's unfortunate the T-62M needs a new model before we get an official skin for it.

Silent enforcer claimed on discord before, that the next BP was supposed to have one, but the model was too bad

10 hours ago, General_Alladin said:

Some of the suggestions there are already in the game, and will appear in the future

Anything with camo nets or other new 3D elements are impossible right out of the gate, you'd know that if you read my post.

9 hours ago, Arto said:

Anything with camo nets or other new 3D elements are impossible right out of the gate, you'd know that if you read my post.

I read it, maybe it will come in handy in the future (if it becomes possible)

12 hours ago, astormytrooper said:

I've got a suggestion. What about this green digital camo and white rimmed wheels for the Type 99A or A2?

China's New Main Battle Tank Is Almost Here 19FortyFive, 49% OFF

ZTZ99 Type 99 WZ123 MBT Main BattleTank technical data | China Chinese list  of modern MBTs Main Battle Tanks | Chinese China army military equipment  armoured UK

Image with better lighting

Type 99 MBT (2001)

I wish I could make a normal model along with a reskin xD, but these are just my wet dreams)

On 11/27/2023 at 12:12 PM, astormytrooper said:

I've got a suggestion. What about this green digital camo and white rimmed wheels for the Type 99A or A2?

China's New Main Battle Tank Is Almost Here 19FortyFive, 49% OFF

this is TOO easy :)

4 hours ago, tahax said:

this is TOO easy :)

Tobiichi already did something like that for 96B, except without white wheels, right?

If the 99A2 turret ERA is mirrored the same way the 96B is, then putting any numbers there doesn't work well :/

1 hour ago, Arto said:

Tobiichi already did something like that for 96B, except without white wheels, right?

If the 99A2 turret ERA is mirrored the same way the 96B is, then putting any numbers there doesn't work well :/

Oh someone did this already? I can live without the white wheels if the someone already did the camo.

On 11/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, PanzerMarmelade said:

The Rhône kinda is already in the game as Rhône-Alpes for the Leclerc T4.

It looks completely different...