Haswell

Spirithaven Megathread

I just realized there's no thread for discussing SH yet, welp. :facepalmk:

Anyone got any tips for killing 20 infantry in ch1? Other than using mortar guy and waiting it out of course.

For ch3, anyone figured out good spots to get behind the bot spawns yet? From the look of things, it's similar to ch2 where the best defense is to cull the bots as soon as they spawn.

And just how do you kill 35 bots on ch3 without being spotted at all? I'm getting Retribution vibes here. :triggered:

Spoiler

Is this the correct position of Final caps?

I ask this question because i need the exact version of the map to discuss later a strategy to do last phase of 3rd chap

Map_3rdChapter_Caps.png

Edited by Italian_Style (see edit history)

The locations look correct, yep. The one on the top should be the airship, bottom should be cannons.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Haswell said:

The locations look correct, yep. The one on the top should be the airship, bottom should be cannons.

Perfect, thanks.

4 hours ago, Haswell said:

For ch3, anyone figured out good spots to get behind the bot spawns yet? From the look of things, it's similar to ch2 where the best defense is to cull the bots as soon as they spawn.

Time to discuss this. I use few words as convention:

- WaC -> Warship Cap Point;

- GuC -> Guns Cap Point;

- To Backspawn -> staying behind enemies spawn locations

Few premises:

- I consider only the upper side of the runway because i played mostly there.

- I don't know exactly when  these spawns activates but i'm sure of the order of activation.

Now let's get into it. In this picture i consider 2 phases: 

1° phase: I think these spawns activates when GuC is capped and have to cap WaC.

2° phase: it should activate on the last objective of the chapter ("Leave the sector");

I didn't explore the map enough to determine the playable borders, anyway i suppose that the blue triangles could be the optimal position to backspawn and kill quickly enemies.

Obviously feel free to correct me if something is wrong :classic_biggrin:

Map_3rdChapter_Strategy.png

Tried that out yesterday, didn't work so well. The bots basically spawned way out of bounds so I couldn't get behind them as they popped up. There's also very little cover around the C3 C4 area, making it difficult for anything without armor to survive.

That spot where the Harimau is might work, but that area don't have good sight lines into the cap as far as I could tell. I need to spend more time exploring.

In other news, everything got delayed because of the Wuhan virus.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/update-spirithaven-schedule

Spoiler

Quick question regarding the M1 TTB on this season.

I noticed that sometimes I have trouble regarding getting the best efficiency out of the ready rack, particularly on chapter 2. Since there are so many enemies on chapter 2, I either try to wait out the full reload or fire when I have loaded 3 or 4 rounds. Which way is best? It seems to be that the  3 or 4 round solution works better, but some second opinions are requested. 

For reference, I run Katherine Grey as my commander.

Edited by M1TTBFanatic (see edit history)

Imo it depends on the party you have and the tactical situation. Generally speaking you get the best rate of fire, on the long run, firing as soon as you have reloaded a single shell, but the more shells you have in the rack the more burst damage you have. Given the number of enemies you any way don't have enough shells to kill them all, so what to do depends on the particular tactical situation, like having to kill fast a tank that can other way kill you (T15), being in a party with others that have armor or having to tank for everybody, and so on. About the commander i don't have Grey, so i can not speak about her, but probably Rachel is also a very good commander for that mission in a mbt, both in the second chapter and even more in the 3rd. the more enemies are close to you the more you reload fast. Also Sabrina can be a good option if you load mainly AP if you are good at aiming at the engine and ammo rack, with Sabrina aiming at the right spot of a T15 you are almost sure to set fire to the ammo rack of a T15 with only 2 shots, that when it is hull down and you can not aim at the lfp for full damage is a very good option.

To make it short if the tactical situation allows it wait to have many shells loaded in the rack, and after unleashing them find a cover, if you have to save some team mates, are running low of time and have to cap or else go to battle with whatever shells you have ready, it is better to save a team mate, unless is a completely not useful one, then optimize the use of the rack. with the team mates that do 3-4k dmg in a spec op is different, save your own health the more you can, you will need it all...

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Haswell said:

Tried that out yesterday, didn't work so well. The bots basically spawned way out of bounds so I couldn't get behind them as they popped up. There's also very little cover around the C3 C4 area, making it difficult for anything without armor to survive.

Yeah, you are right. I studied more the map in Hardcore difficulty and i could determine the right spots to fight effectively bots.

I've created few images to show various moments of the mission.

Let's start with the first image.

Few conventions:

- "(x3)" it means how many bots spawns from the respective zone;

- i assume that the team already defeated the first wave of enemies (when entering in the airfield).

Strategy:

Map_3rdChapter_1stPhase.png.a6c0d0ab06bae73eff66799f92bcba72.png

Now, to read properly this 1° Phase image, you have to look at "SPG" and "Gun" spawns. 

These are the first two spawns to consider. Here i didn't drew the spawn zone for bots in the EMP guns cap, but consider them too.

During the capture of EMP Guns the "Middle" spawn is activated, then i suggest to place the team according to "Positions".

Once bots of "Middle" has been killed, 2° phase will begin.

Soon i will continue this post with the 2° phase.

Feel free to correct me or suggest anything about this strategy.

See ya!

I will say that while C3/C4 isn't a great place for a player to sit, it is a fairly good place for an AT team.  At least it seemed to work well in T8, but I don't see why it wouldn't in T10.

4 minutes ago, Spyshadow01 said:

I will say that while C3/C4 isn't a great place for a player to sit, it is a fairly good place for an AT team.  At least it seemed to work well in T8, but I don't see why it wouldn't in T10.

I agree, B7 too. Those are great spot positions especially for the "Hold the warship" objective

Spectrallis has kindly provided a video showing how to get up to boosh kemp hill. Not a bad spot, but the sight lines are a bit iffy I think.

Spoiler

Been lurking around the forums for a while and made an account just for this.

Could someone confirm please, I watched the video for the bush camp, and it seems to me that the sphinx player is using an aimbot. His reticle is moving around erratically and sometimes doesn't even line up with where he is looking.

image.png.bc31a6945d1fa73a7d9e0b1a6e2734f3.png 

That's what happens in replays, the reticle and sometimes even the guns don't line up. This is a fault in the game, not the player.

Spoiler

In the video a premium commander that allows to load more ammo is used. And I think that an achievement that compels to use a premium commander or tank to be obtained is not the right way to go. Some of us can miss those tanks and commanders, I miss that one as I could play only a short time that battle path for some RL issues.

I would say that even if some missiles was missing or was "wasted" for other uses like killing pillboxes or shooting at enemies that was not at very low hp without that commander the agtm load is not enough to get the mission. I can be wrong, but this is my first impression, and i can be wrong as the normal agtm load of Sphinx is 30+30 and using a commander like Erin that allows to dare to use more the auto cannon without being spotted there is enough ammo to kill 35 bots, if your team mates are good at preparing them for you.

Anyway the video proves that the achievement is possible and gives good hints about how to get it, thank you for posting it.

The one used by the sphinx in the video posted probably should work fine, even if i did never try it, not with arty and not even with other tanks, as i did not know about it.

Tried that position in my T-15 today, didn't work out for me. Even with a ton of foliage up there I was still getting spotted.

which commander did you use? sabrina and erin and some bushes make every tank a lot stealthier. i know that are not commanders that are normally used for T15 or arty, but if someone has reasons to try to not get spotted why not to use them, also the retro that gives better camo if the tank does not move should help.

my T15 with a commander without camo bonuses has 12% camo

with erin and absorbing paint v2 gets 17%+8%(paint)=25% and gets also a 21.7%bonus to the foliage camo factor, behind some bushes it becomes a pretty stealthy tank.

i did not try myself that position so i can not tell if the bushes, that cover well a sphinx, are too small to cover tall tanks like the t15 or the arty, but before being sure that the position does not work a try with the right commander and the paint retro has to be done.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Those "bushes" on the hill don't actually provide any camo, they are merely scenery that somehow aren't see-through.

The biggest problem with the hill is that the pillboxes spawning below will instantly spot you if you aren't hiding behind the radar, but if you do that you won't have good sight lines. You are highly dependent on everyone else killing the pillboxes fast so you can go back to shooting.

11 hours ago, BumbaX said:

In the video a premium commander that allows to load more ammo is used. And I think that an achievement that compels to use a premium commander or tank to be obtained is not the right way to go. Some of us can miss those tanks and commanders, I miss that one as I could play only a short time that battle path for some RL issues.

Andrey or Sabrina will work just fine IMO, though not being able to die and respawn for more ammo does make it sound fairly annoying. I'll have to try it with Erin first because I'm a pansy.

Spoiler

Speaking of arty, someone in a Cent. 155 seems to have found a pretty good position. Turned around at spawn and went the opposite way and somehow made it onto that mountain (position circled in red). He was able to cover the air ship cap from that position. And the hill from the video, while it didn't work out camping up there in my T-15 right at the start, it is a good position for the final cap to cover the MBTs over there. It gets quite hard to target enemies from all the wrecks and it is really hard to see thru since the foliage doesn't turn invisible, but it is doable.
image.png.4aab6ab5af78573cff90b5fe53049b9a.png

Messed around a bit in tier 8 today with Soren, he found a downright amazing arty spot for SH3. This might make the 35 kills without being spotted pretty easy.

Spoilers because pic spam.

Spoiler

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1927.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1927_1.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1927_2.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1927_3.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1928.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1928_1.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1928_2.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1928_3.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1928_4.png

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_200331_1929.png

Spoiler

I did try yesterday that arty spot with a T7 arty, and it seems to work very well. There is also an other spot near by that is possibly even better, at the left of the spot showed in the screenshots and a little higher. It is right near a big antenna pole, so it is quite easy to find, and possibly it gives an even better coverage of the whole airfield strip.

To reach it you have to do a sort of S to climb the hill, and is a tricky spot as the vegetation hides the terrain and is very easy to fall down the hill, so once found a good place right near the antenna, I would say at the right of it and very close to it, is better to not move at all.
I have still to test which one of the 2 spots gives more airfield strip coverage, i guess the higher one is the better one, but I am not sure of it, also i have to test how the T9-10 artys with single shot work from there, that probably are better suited to a situation where the platoon mates can only damage the bots but not kill them and have also to survive and spot for you. Surely the T9 Polish arty  with the single shot has a quite flat trajectory, and I would say also the Centauro has it, that if is a good thing as the shell reaches the enemy faster, before he has time to move away, also means that maybe some parts of the battlefield are no more possible to target.
I also think that if some one of the platoon mates has a T15 or an other tank with AC to bring down the enemies at very low health also the WP shells can be really useful, a well placed one can take down 2 or 3 tanks that are close to death at once. 
I would say that a couple of well armored tanks like the ADTU or the Object 490 and a couple of T15 are perfect for the task. Also some sniper infantry can be really helpful, while the damaging ones risk to steal you kills.

It is not clear if it is possible to farm some kills without being spotted also in the first cap, and i would not go with the arty past the tunnel as then too much time is needed to get in position for the last phase.