Sign in to follow this  
Lenticulas

Glops Team-kill, kicked from match is retarded

These changes are idiotic.
Let me give you an example

A couple of days ago I was capping in glops and it was smoke-chaos in the final Cap zone we just about had a chance of winning. Suddenly I find myself back at the main game screen, as if I had quit the game?!
We lost.

Why?

I found out later, that now if you team-kill in glops, you get kicked from the match. I must have shot someone?

Do I get a chance to win that match? No, because of a fucktards game mechanic. AW you robbed me of a win.

Imagine the following scenario:
I accidently kill a guy in a 10 man glops game.
I get kicked from the match. My team is now 9 vs. 10. Our team will now lose. Including the guy I accidentally killed. You made the guy who got team killed lose.

Devs: you are fucktards.

Imagine another scenario...
There's an idiot on your team, he keeps deliberately parking behind people and getting them killed. You shoot him. You get kicked from the match. Your team is now 9 vs. 10. Your team will now lose. The idiot is still in play.

Devs: you are fucktards

Imagine another scenario
There is a game mode where you can respawn. Imagine someone team-kills in this mode. It doesn't really matter too much, because in this mode you can respawn.

Because it's a respawn mode. DUH

Now imagine a bunch of devs that are so stupid that they don't even know the defining characteristic of their own mode. That you can respawn, in it.

And another thing, if the devs were SO concerned about team damage in glops, why couldn't they... I don't know, oh actually yes I do

Then turn OFF team damage, you morons.

Did NONE OF YOU THINK OF THIS?

Edited by Lenticulas
Added vitriol (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

Well it actually works as they promised...

But yeah, jokes aside 1 teamkill to garage seems to be bit overkill imo. Teamkill somewhat frequently happens especially in Glops thanks to idiots who can't read giant bombing signs.(or who can't read friendly icons) And also the fact a entire team has to be penalized because of one teamkill by mistake is just stupid.

There has to be some sort of minimum limit like 2 to 3 teamkills or multiple teamkills on a multiple occasions.

Yep, the bombings are a big problem, not only because some friendly guy not only does not manage to get outside its range, but sometimes drives right into it while the bombing area is already visible to all the friendly on the minimap.

Also there are some situations where it is tactically correct to drop a bombing run in an area where there is also a friendly, let's say that he is already at low health and surrounded by many enemy tanks that would kill him any way very fast, and then can cap. Probably to kill the teammate and do huge damage to the enemies, so other friendly can defend the cap that other way would be lost is the right thing to do, and possibly you can not wait that the enemies kill that friendly as more friendly are going to approach, better to kill a team mate that is already going to die then waste the run on a less important area.

The only thing i disagree with @Lenticulas is to kill a team mate that is deliberately parking behind people, then the proper way is to file a report with some screenshots and the game recording, then there is a chance that the guy will be even banned. Killing him you will only have him respawn and keep doing the thing, some do it intentionally to grief people (and recently i had a guy trying to ram me out from a bombing cap to take it himself, we must live with idiots and too selfish players), others are cowards that hope to use other people as armor hoping to drop some shot without risk, but in both cases i doubt that receiving some friendly shots or a friendly kill they will change their attitude.

21 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

Then turn OFF team damage, you morons.

Did NONE OF YOU THINK OF THIS?

That's not going to happen I suppose because of the Airstrike. 

I think the ban system is too strict at the moment I aswell have found me in the garage multiple times when accidentally killing people in GLOPS. I think at least a margin of 1 kill should be accepted. Because as @Lenticulas said you actually just punish your allies by getting disconnected. There need to be some changes to that system for sure. It's great that teamkillers get kicked very fast but currently its simply too strict.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Same experience here, after 4 losses trying to do a daily, next game i get "that guy" on a t249 that won't stop getting in front on me, eventually running into my shot when i'm fully zoomed

Daily x3 of 0 xp

A single mistake shouldn't punish you or your team for leaving, several team kills/damage should.

I don't mind being penalised the money and the xp for team killing, intentional or not, fair enough

What I very much DO disagree with, is if I team kill someone accidentally, that I get kicked out of the match, unfairly penalising all the rest of my team, maybe causing the whole team to lose, because I had an accident and shot someone.

That, is not fair.

Penalise me, sure why not. Screw over my team, because of my mistake?

No.

That's Bullshit.

By the way, I fully respect @BumbaX and others' stance regarding team killing, mine is somewhat different:
... as for deliberately shooting people who are being assholes on my team.. I don't have a single second of worry about it.  
If they didn't want to be team-killed they shouldn't be team-sabotaging assholes. Screw them.
And if you want a culturally appropriate, historical justification for it (it is a Russian game, after all) :

"In the Red Army of the RSFSR and the Soviet Union the concept of barrier troops first arose in August 1918 with the formation of the заградительные отряды (zagraditelnye otriady), translated as "blocking troops" or "anti-retreat detachments"

That would machine-gun their own troops, if they so much as tried to retreat...

From
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops

;-)

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

Even if I see the reasons about killing assholes I see a lot of danger in allowing team killing them in GLOPS without any consequence. In the RL situation you talk about, but in the first WW i believe that this was true for almost all the armies, maybe without having a dedicated detachment for it, but you had to strictly follow some orders attacking the enemy trench with a high chance of being killed, the only thing that could make the people move their asses was a stomach filled with alcohol and a gun pointed at the back, i think that you get the idea of the situation. It was a quite binary situation where you was attacking or you was a coward and a traitor so the soldier that was pointing the gun at your back could be at the same time your judge and your executioner.

In GLOPS the situation is completely different as every player is free to use the tactic he choose, to decide to risk more or less, and granting that right would give to the assholes a weapon more. Right now there is people that comes at your back with an MBT denying you the chance to go back under cover after firing and while you are reloading or have been spotted, if they don't even push you deliberately out of the cover with their tank that weight 2 times yours having you killed by the enemy, that maybe don't even spot you, but spot him behind you as he has no camo. Right now there is people that fire at you because their concept of you being an asshole is quite personal and debatable, Maybe  you are so in their view because in the previous match you was in the enemy team and killed them 3 times in a row, or because you drive a faster tank and you went to cap a bombing run "stealing" it to them, or because they just have fun in grieving people and for an automated ban system all those reasons are as good as yours, @Lenticulas, even if probably you team kill for very different ones.

An other issue where team killing can happen beyond the willing to do it is when an ammo rack explosion happens, as it has some splash damage and is perfectly possible that triggering it in an enemy you kill with the splash a friendly that is near by and enough low health to die.

I also agree that being kicked from the battle punish your own team, not yourself, further more if you can go in queue immediately with an other tank.

I think that the right solution for GLOPS is to have the team killer marked but not kicked out of the match, if a player gets marked a certain number of times in the day or in a certain time then starts an automatic ban, first time of some hours, then days or even weeks if it happens way too frequently.

This and filing reports that are manually checked by the game assistance people, in which you include the recording of the game and a description of the reason why the other player was an asshole (he rammed me out of my sniping position to occupy it himself having me killed by the enemy, he was deliberately shooting at me or other friendly, he was shooting at me to reset my counter to capture himself something and so on), followed by a ban that could last even more then the one from the automated system, as an human can better judge if something is intentional and/or serious, should go together with the automated system.

Only being certain to have serious consequences like being denied to play the game for the evening, for some days or even for some weeks, can make some people stop to act as assholes, surely not being kicked from the battle, as well to be team killed but a self entitled judge works even less, as the only result is to respawn and keep being asshole, if someone wants to be so, if it is the way he has fun playing.

I think also that the splash damage and the bombing damage should not be used by the automated system as are something that can be not intentional or even tactically worth it, at least one time i had granted the victory of my team in a situation where both teams could win and had very few points left with a bombing that team killed a team mate.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)