Sign in to follow this  
Quantum_Ranger

What happens to commander XP if you defer promotion?

OK, Sabrina and I have spent a *lot* of time together. Rachel and Freja might be a little jealous. So now Sabrina is maxed out at LT, and can't be promoted because I don't have another commander at LT... and everybody else is at MSGT or below. 

The question is if I continue to play Sabrina without promoting her, does she still accrue commander XP?  I can't tell from the GUI because it just says she has 200k/200k...

I figure if she is still accruing XP, I'll just keep using her to start fires and for SpecOps, and work on promoting a couple others through regular missions.  If the commander XP is forfeit unless I promote her, I might just spend the 2k gold to get a prem commander (Jorge vs Olivia)  to hold the LT rank to let Sabrina keep going.  Or just give her a break until I level the others up...

Advice welcome. DVC, QR

10 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Or just give her a break until I level the others up...

You may consider why in initial ladder grind (which ends with removal of all restrictions) you want her be any higher than Lieutenant. She doesn't provide very essential growth over levels, nor has high rank requirements to reach some vital perks. I recommend to level Miramon and Sanna over Sabrina rank, so this means stop playing her for a moment and let XP flow somewhere else.

Commanders will keep XP that you accumulate even if they aren't promoted.

While not overly useful, you can use this to "pre-level" you commanders when you're doing the initial rank ladder and to keep an XP buffer in case you want to retrain commander skills without using gold.

22 hours ago, dfnce said:

I recommend to level Miramon and Sanna over Sabrina rank, so this means stop playing her for a moment and let XP flow somewhere else.

Thanks, this makes sense - I never really thought about growth over levels.... just got Sanna up to WO.

Do you have a recommended Sanna build?  I still have the free reset available in case I've screwed it up already.

DVC, QR

On 4/6/2021 at 7:46 AM, dfnce said:

I recommend to level Miramon 

I agree.  Juan Carlos is one of the better balanced spotting commanders in my opinion.  He doesn't offer as much Stealth as Erin, but he offers way more VR.  So on a vehicle that already has pretty good Stealth you want to use Juan Carlos, not Erin, when you're doing spotting.

He's also pretty good on light tanks.

Sabrina does have her uses since she does both good crew damage and good module damage.  So your time spent leveling her hasn't been wasted.  But she really kinda maxes out around level 11... further levels don't really make her significantly better, so she's a good Commander to get to 11 and then use her as that "step" in your commander pyramid.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:39 PM, Quantum_Ranger said:

Do you have a recommended Sanna build?

Probably something in this order

Phase 1: http://csb-hype.5v.pl/?ioannis=A1A2A3A4B1B4C4D4

Phase 2: http://csb-hype.5v.pl/?ioannis=A1A2A3A4B1B4C4D4E4F4G4G5G6

Phase 3: http://csb-hype.5v.pl/?ioannis=A1A2A3A4A5A6B1B4C4D4E4F4G4G5G6

I use this build - spotting, crits, fire, but this can be inappropriate waste of points on empty cells and perks which full benefit works for certain vehicles and ammo only.

http://csb-hype.5v.pl/?ioannis=B1B2B3B4C4D4D5D6E4F1F4G1G2G3G4

• Upvote 1