Sign in to follow this  
Perdita_Olio

What did they do to the details of the vehicles?

I was watching my Chally 2 tier 10 without any camo.
Pff, did they decrease the details of the vehicles for a better performance?
It looks so weird...

Is it only me, because I can't remember the vehicles look so simplified.

Edited by Perdita_Olio (see edit history)

Can't say I've noticed any difference, but my graphics are potato quality.

Maybe the dirt overlay that nobody asked for added a mask over the existing textures?

Spoiler

Yap models looks like made of plastic now, in other worlds worse than in WOT, as there aro no reflections, even ports are plastic looking and not like made from bullet proof glass. Just look at the newly introduced Harimau driver ports. 

Thanks for reply, guys.

I think they have done that for a better performance of the game, stuttering in maps with lot of vegetation.
I notice that freezing maps is less than before.

I haven't really noticed much, stuff still looks pretty good for me.  I'm running with everything maxed out.

It seems like it has something to do with lower detail settings. Ever since the update my vehicles have looked slightly off, with a few maps (notably Raiding Party) having their level of detail go down by a significant amount. 

I run AW on a mid-low end laptop that doesn't have much in the way of additional RAM or GPU for higher graphics settings, so I usually just go for the lowest possible settings to try and max out my framerate while maintaining screen resolution.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

I think they might have made the difference from low to high greater, possibly to make the framerate better on lower-end systems?

2 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

I think they might have made the difference from low to high greater, possibly to make the framerate better on lower-end systems?

Even if that is the case, my framerate went down about 5-10% with the update.

I have no idea what exactly they might have changed to decrease my framerate, but whatever it was is either not noticeable or made the game look worse.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

Hmm... my framerate appears to be fairly constant, my ping appears to have gone up about 10ms or so on average with the recent patches, though.

I too have seen my ping increase from ~105ms to ~120ms follow the update to 0.31. The increase has not been particularly noticeable in-game (for me at least), but the phenomenon has certainly piqued my interest.

Several players who I've been in touch with have also reported increased ping on their end, with some seeing upwards of 100ms increase (within Europe no less). Some have indicated fluctuating ping levels in different scenarios, which may point to server-side issues.

To follow up, I've been performing some network tests in my spare time. While I don't have any conclusive results (yet), results from controlled testing look promising. I may consider posting my finding in the forums if there is interest. 

@Komitadjie Do the developers know of this issue? If not, could you please bring their attention to it and request an inquiry into finding a root cause? Thanks.

Yes, we had some questions going the other day, and have been recording reports. Hopefully this patch might have addressed some of it!

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, di_duncan said:

I too have seen my ping increase from ~105ms to ~120ms follow the update to 0.31. The increase has not been particularly noticeable in-game (for me at least), but the phenomenon has certainly piqued my interest.

Several players who I've been in touch with have also reported increased ping on their end, with some seeing upwards of 100ms increase (within Europe no less). Some have indicated fluctuating ping levels in different scenarios, which may point to server-side issues.

To follow up, I've been performing some network tests in my spare time. While I don't have any conclusive results (yet), results from controlled testing look promising. I may consider posting my finding in the forums if there is interest. 

@Komitadjie Do the developers know of this issue? If not, could you please bring their attention to it and request an inquiry into finding a root cause? Thanks.

I live in the Netherlands, where the server is situated, if I am informed correctly.
I have missions with 5ms ping, and I have missions with about 100ms ping. It looks it depends on the players in the game.
If they are from Russia the ping is decreasing to 100ms, if there are only EU-players, in short distance to the server, my ping is 5-6ms.

7 hours ago, Perdita_Olio said:

I live in the Netherlands, where the server is situated, if I am informed correctly.
I have missions with 5ms ping, and I have missions with about 100ms ping. It looks it depends on the players in the game.
If they are from Russia the ping is decreasing to 100ms, if there are only EU-players, in short distance to the server, my ping is 5-6ms.

Interesting, thank you for providing this information. I did expect a increase in ping when considering variable server/network loads, but I did not think the increase could be up to 100ms.

Maybe it is not in fact a routing issue... I hope the developers are at least monitoring the situation.

A routing issue could be a problem for ppl at a far distance from the server.
About 2 years ago, when the server of AW was unstable with a ping of 100mS, I tried another DNS-server:

DNS.Watch is the website.
I typed in the primary and secondairy in my windows settings.

After that the ping was decreased to about 30mS, because of another route DNS.watch was using.

Maybe it's something to play with, for some ppl they will get a better ping and a less latency or delay.