Sign in to follow this  
SgtPimpek

New HUD in the patch

How do you all react on the new layout of the HUD in the game?

I find it very cluttered. Also when zooming in it is very blurry with the yellow/greenish filter

Wish it would be as the patch before, what are your opinons on this?

Horrible, there's nearly nothing I like about it except for the camo percentage.

-Important info are too spread out. I shouldn't have to look at 2 different sectors (status panel, health bar) on my screen just to check how damaged I am.
-Reticle is too cluttered. I don't need to know how many shots of smoke or APS I have left to shoot the enemy.
-Feedback on damage received is nearly nonexistent, the directional indicator is absolutely tiny and I don't even notice it a lot of times.
-Hit indicator is just as cluttered as the reticle, I could barely tell whether I'm hitting modules or not until I actually break them

I know they want change, but this is downright awful compared to the old UI.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Horrible, there's nearly nothing I like about it except for the camo percentage.

-Important info are too spread out. I shouldn't have to look at 2 different sectors (status panel, health bar) on my screen just to check how damaged I am.
-Reticle is too cluttered. I don't need to know how many shots of smoke or APS I have left to shoot the enemy.
-Feedback on damage received is nearly nonexistent, the directional indicator is absolutely tiny and I don't even notice it a lot of times.
-Hit indicator is just as cluttered as the reticle, I could barely tell whether I'm hitting modules or not until I actually break them

Couldn't have said it better than that myself.

Most of it I dont mind, I really dislike the placement of the health bar which is my only real gripe - I just dont follow it as easily, not as intuitive for when I am taking serious damage

As for the rest, I mostly ignore the bits like smoke and APS, the actual central mass of the UI (aiming reticle etc) does not get in the way of my view.

Like every other UI change we have had, people will adapt to it and then when it changes again will clamour or the replaced version to come back (been playing since Alpha and this is just one of many UI changes we have had). 

Sure exactly what i think haswell !

All that clutter just makes it harder to shoot ATGM's to something moving, and idk if it's just me, but the pen colored marker function seems to stop working with a missile in the air

Unrelated to the hud, but softkill "buffs" makes the above 10 times worse

I don't like it at all.

Please give the possibility to choose between the old and the new one.

Btw: How can I increase the size of the icon's on the bottomline?
To my opinion they are really small. If I remember correctly in the past you could change the size of it in small, medium- or large.

1 hour ago, Perdita_Olio said:

Btw: How can I increase the size of the icon's on the bottomline?
To my opinion they are really small. If I remember correctly in the past you could change the size of it in small, medium- or large.

The new UI don't allow you to scale the elements except for the minimap, sadly. It's truly a step backwards from the old UI.

Spoiler