Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

July 20 Patch Notes

Source:
https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/update-050-now-available

We are happy to announce that the Update 0.50 is now available!

scr1

List of Update 0.50 Changes

AbramsX

We are introducing some fixes to the AbramsX.

• Fixed an issue where the aiming reticle would behave strangely when moving the hull
  • Fixed the autocannon module visual model
  • Fixed an issue where camouflage would not apply to the tank’s sides correctly
  • Fixed a missing piece of texture on the turret

More adjustments will follow. Please note that the armor will be fixed in the upcoming update.

General Changes

• In-game report button now works correctly again
  • Fixed some small localization issues
  • Added some assets for upcoming events

A few points:

• SS: "I wanted to have it called 0.49.1 but it might create chaos in our internal numbering so... it is what it is."
  • The sentence "Please note that the armor will be fixed in the upcoming update." was added a bit later in the patch notes.
  • The current iteration AbramsX has very thick frontal armour against ordinary AP shells at the moment (and it's very resistant to many ATGMs. The intended frontal armour layout is scheduled to come in next week's update. However, the tank is now on sale via lootcrates despite of this problem.

aMcZOFg.png

But do I see it correct?; It does have a huge weak spot on the frontal amour? A Fully green bar in the middle of the frontal amour *the intended frontal amour picture). If that is correct the A.I will skin you alive.

And it may be hot, but it is also (again for those premiums) very costly. :classic_dry:

Godspeed.

22 hours ago, Zafir said:

GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT! :classic_rolleyes:

There are reports of web shop not working properly, i.e. a popup prompting users to log in when clicking on the "Buy" button, even if the user is logged in. Steam players also encounter purchase problems. Players registered via the Russian portal are not affected by this.

UPDATE: SS made an announcement tonight that the web shop problem is now fixed, but there is still an ongoing problem on Steam.

19 hours ago, ceejee007 said:

But do I see it correct?; It does have a huge weak spot on the frontal amour? A Fully green bar in the middle of the frontal amour *the intended frontal amour picture). If that is correct the A.I will skin you alive.

And it may be hot, but it is also (again for those premiums) very costly. :classic_dry:

Godspeed.

It seems to have relatively similar weakspots as high tier Abrams. Some vehicles like Leclerc T4 also have rather wide lower front plate weakspot, but bots don't consistently aim for that spot, so we'll wait and see just how vulnerable or tough it is from matches and other people's feedback after the fix.

Edited by Qbicle
Web shop is now fixed (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

19 hours ago, ceejee007 said:

That was the point, it is a bait and switch in the making. Currently, it is a plainly better version compared to the T10 Abrams. I would not be surprised if the “fix” might take a while, it'll certainly help to get more sales.

Fully agree Zafir, way overpriced (even when you hopefully get the tank with the 50 " blueprints" bundle) and secondly; they do have a nasty track record of " nerfing down a lot of BP / won / blueprints vehicles. 

And also, the less and less " in game friends online", the hardly updated (PVE) game maps, the toxic behavior of more and more players, etc, etc,  makes that I more and more lose the trust and confidence in the game, and as a result of that, don't think that investing money in this game (and in its current state) is at this state a " wise decision".

But hope for them, there are a lot of players buying this tank.