Sign in to follow this  
itzjustrick

It actually has armor now: T-72B3

ScreenShot0037.thumb.jpg.87fe7c71af64e4e9484efec18192b165.jpg

Since I "had" to participate, I had to try-hard in one of the worst vehicles AW has ever seen... Or so I thought at least... According to popular belief this mbt actually isn't a main battle tank, it instead is weak armor. Proof: 

spacer.png

But if this was the case, how coudl this then happen? 

spacer.png

Clearly something else is going on here. So what is it? Weak armor or godlike? Or did 0.33 simply happen? 

Armor

Let's start at the beginning, the armor. Everyone who just like me drove this vehicle in .32 can remember that the armor was, to put it bluntly, quite crap. But then .33 happened, and everything changed. To put it in simple terms, the armor is simply godlike. Really, just hide your lfp and go to town on your enemies. Proof:

ScreenShot0041.thumb.jpg.040cdef4aca95f4135d41b6e93533b92.jpgScreenShot0044.thumb.jpg.3475afa383277fdd3607f85b26e674aa.jpgScreenShot0047.thumb.jpg.5f832389ec090064f7cadb1c6ed304b0.jpg

yes, it does have a slight turret gap against a t15, but how often do you meet a t15 at t8? And even then, the gap is way less than it was back in the day. So to but it simply, hide your lfp, don't let bots get your side, because you are going to have a "fun" time then. So, just like how .33 was intended, good.

ScreenShot0051.thumb.jpg.710b451466151398e4bf5323b9b68735.jpg

For all intents and purposes surviviability is very good, it even has around 3k HP to back it up. Honestly, one of the best things of this vehicle.

Ammo

This vehicle has the following ammo layout: 

spacer.png

I hope you like spamming atgms... 900 pen at t8, noice. Godlike dmg, 850, that is more than your average t10 125mm heat/atgm. Of course exceptions exist. Still, if you can't use the atgms you still have nice 788 dmg heat or 630 dmg ap. Even the AP pen at 750 is fairly good for t8

So no downsides here

DPM

Well, let's just put it like this. 7.2 seconds stock reload, turns into 6.12 with rammer and stupid ophi build. This gives you a dpm of around 8.2k while using atmgs, what more can you wish for? 

Mobility

Ah yes mobility, up till now you would think, is this thing totally OP. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... One thing where it isn't OP is the mobility. 5.74s to 32km/h yeah. It moves I guess... Top speed of 60, which is fairly nice. Whatever you do, run filters. This thing is slow as crap, especially it's acceleration. 39.9 degrees hull traverse, which is also a bit crap. So it moves, very meh mobility. Which is surprising given it's weight of 46 tonnes. I hope you don't like ramming... 

Spotting/camo

It's an mbt, we do not talk about that here. Tbh, what do you expect? It has uhm great VR at 360m and it has great camo at 20% while stationary. Tbh, no point to talk about this, it doesn't exist. 

Final thoughts

I honestly expected to hate this vehicle as I did years ago. The armor actually was indeed crap, but how .33 turned the tables. The armor is godlike, the dpm is more than the protocock, which while it is a tier lower is godlike. Literally the only disadvantage is it's mobility, but it's good enough that you can work around it. I would honestly, rate it a solid 9/10, in PvE at least. Haven't played it in PvP, so can't comment on that.

Recommendations

Equipment

Filters

yes, the speed is crap, let's try to remedy this a bit.

Rammer

why wouldn't you want more dpm.

Last slot

up to you. Faster repairs can be useful, more VR can be useful, up to you.

Crew skills

Driver

- Off-road driving

- faster repairs

- more traverse speed

Gunner

- Faster turning of turret

- Up to yo

Consumables

Repair kit

Yes, you do lose modules, make sure you can repair them, if you can use the x3 one.

Med kit

You don't lose crew members often, but you want to be able to heal them. Just use a single kit.

Fuel

Your vehicle is slow, try to remedy this. You don't need a fire eqtinguisher, you just don't. You won't get ammo racked (simply didn't happen), and how often do you get a engine fire?

Commander

Any MBT commander will work. Special shoutouts to Douglas and Ophi. I can see Cortez working on this vehicle as well.

Bonus

Stats

ScreenShot0040.thumb.jpg.fe6020c02dff5edbfee044a2e3c28229.jpg

It's a good vehicle trust me

ScreenShot0053.thumb.jpg.0a2226a0b6d2ca2b835dc57a7d8d3665.jpg

Edited by itzjustrick (see edit history)
  • Upvote 2

A very good candidate for farming ATGM damage, the usual problems associated with missiles (ping and lag) can be mitigated by simply yoloing into your targets and firing point-blank. 900 pen is enough to punch through everything from the sides and lower plate.

Spoiler

this vehicle is good for the 95% of the cases but there is only one problem for me, its machine gun not adjustable so you will see this in plague spec ops:

1 hour ago, Yxlouvia said:

this vehicle is good for the 95% of the cases but there is only one problem for me, its machine gun not adjustable so you will see this in plague spec ops:

Yes, I forgot to talk about the MG, indeed don't try to hit anything above you xD

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

A very good candidate for farming ATGM damage, the usual problems associated with missiles (ping and lag) can be mitigated by simply yoloing into your targets and firing point-blank. 900 pen is enough to punch through everything from the sides and lower plate.

Don't get to close, the atgms must be able to leave the gun or you are RIP