Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Yuma

UI tooltips since new UI introduced

I noticed that most tooltips no longer display when clicking on the In Game UI any more. Have they been removed or is this a big? I’ve been trying to get an answer on Discord, but that method of getting any kind of answer is useless. TIA

I thought it was just me who noticed that.

The UI no longer show expanded descriptions when using the mouse to hover over the icons, I got quite confused about all those new icons as well last week. I still haven't figured out what all the icons mean either.

Spoiler

I also have a problem seeing some of the new icons. I’m 70 and they’re too small for me to see clearly.

• Upvote 1

With the old UI , you knew where the direction of an incoming hit came from without moving your eyes from you current target.  NOW,  if you do-not have the incoming fire option on, you are blind.   Having it on, you now need to move you eyes to the incoming damage window, see what attacked you, then move your eyes to the mini map to see if it is spotted, if not then move your eyes to the main map, zoom out to see if the vechile is now spotted or not , meanwhile you are still fending off shots from the original target you were firing at. this UI is a useless piece of upgrade that someone wanted to remove some of the last functioning parts from OE (  the original  developers of this game ). this UI does nothing to improve the game play at all.  this is just my opinion ....

I really don't like the "feature" of the new UI that gives the wrong vector for incoming fire from unspotted enemies. There are 2 main reasons for this:

• It is not very intuitive and provides completely useless information (if a shot hits the front of the vehicle, the shot indicator can say that it came from behind the player)
  • The "feature" only serves to distract the player and cause them to panic ("OMG what's behind me, how did it get there?")

The short term impact of this "feature" is that players that are going to get disoriented by long range fire, with the potential long term effect of players ignoring shots that came from behind them as false positives.

TL;DR: The "feature" of the incoming fire indicator for the new UI giving the wrong direction for unspotted enemies makes it useless at best, and detrimental to gameplay at worst. It should be changed to give the proper direction regardless of whether or not the enemy is spotted.

I *believe* that's not actually relative to the direction, but relative to the center of your vehicle, to where the DAMAGE was taken.  So a lot of that gets some weird results, where a HE splash hits, say, the side of your turret, but the only spot with weak armor is your engine deck... so it shows the fire-line in the direction between vehicle center and damage taken, even though the actual SHOT came from well off that angle.  

Probably not intentional, but at least from what I've seen that's how it's currently working.  I could be wrong as well.

21 minutes ago, Komitadjie said:

I *believe* that's not actually relative to the direction, but relative to the center of your vehicle, to where the DAMAGE was taken.  So a lot of that gets some weird results, where a HE splash hits, say, the side of your turret, but the only spot with weak armor is your engine deck... so it shows the fire-line in the direction between vehicle center and damage taken, even though the actual SHOT came from well off that angle.  

Probably not intentional, but at least from what I've seen that's how it's currently working.  I could be wrong as well.

Honestly, your best guess is as good as mine.

That said, what few instances I have observed in any detail suggest that the errant incoming fire indicator always points to the southeast corner of the map, which would imply that (at least for PvE) the UI interprets unspotted enemies as being in the southeast corner of the map until they are spotted and their position becomes available for the UI to plot.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, MK_Regular said:

Honestly, your best guess is as good as mine.

That said, what few instances I have observed in any detail suggest that the errant incoming fire indicator always points to the southeast corner of the map, which would imply that (at least for PvE) the UI interprets unspotted enemies as being in the southeast corner of the map until they are spotted and their position becomes available for the UI to plot.

Hmm.  I'll have to pay more attention to that!