Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Moderator Recruitment - Nominations

ArmoredLabs has been growing bigger and bigger for the past year, and it has came to the attention of many that the frequency of chaos have also been growing. We want to emphasis the importance of self-moderation, but sometimes things just get out of hand where mods have to step in to stop the chaos.

ArmoredLabs is now recruiting TWO active moderators to keep our forum and Discord server orderly, preferably from the Americas time zones. The workload will be minimal, you will be responsible for curses, memes, floofs and headpats.

The recruitment process will be as follows:

June 11 - June 24 (inclusive)
Nomination phase: each user can nominate other users (including themselves) to become candidates. There are no limits, but including reasons for the nominations would be nice. Note that nominees can either accept or refuse the nomination. Lack of response will be interpreted as implied refusal.

June 25 - July 8 (inclusive)
Voting phase: nominees who voiced their acceptance will be placed on a poll for users to vote on. Again, it would be nice to include reasons for your votes, but you can also stay silent and vote anonymously if you prefer. Don't vote for yourself obviously, self votes will be voided.

July 9 - TBD
Finalizing phase: ArmoredLabs staff will vet the winning candidates and contact them so they can get their mod tags. I know I have the final say, but I will respect the wishes of the community for as much as I can. That is, assuming your wishes aren't to turn ArmoredLabs into a circus.

FAQ:

• Do moderators have to be active on both the ArmoredLabs Discord and forums?
    Ideally both, but preference leans heavily on the Discord side right now due to the rapid-fire nature of instant messaging. Moderators will have authority on both the forum and Discord, because splitting them up right now is just unnecessarily complicated.

Can official game staff (ie. mods on the Official Discord) still be moderators on ArmoredLabs?
  • Unfortunately not. As outlined in our policy towards the official staff, they will not hold any special permissions or authority on ArmoredLabs as long as they are staff on the official channels. This isn't due to any ill will towards them, it's simply a matter of potential conflicts of interest that I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

• Are there any clan/battalion restrictions for moderators?
    None whatsoever. You can be in any battalion or clan you want and still become a moderator on ArmoredLabs.

This thread will serve as the nomination thread for the nomination phase, please nominate your moderator candidates here. Nominees can accept or refuse their nominations here. Discussions are welcomed of course.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

On 6/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, Beeda2004 said:

itsjustrick

Great, someone misspelled my name already... Still thx Beeda xD... 

Anyhow, let's make my own nominations: Pesa & Stratzi, I feel like these users are both reasonably active, which is ofc always nice for mods. Furthermore I feel like these people will be able to make the though decisions necessary. 

Also, I don't really know that much active guys from NA timezones (on Discord at least), Spyshadow maybe, idk. So there's that. 

• Upvote 1

You wouldn't wish me as one. I enjoy chaos too much (Although i might try not to do so) and As Beeda stated, Itzjustrick is indeed a good moderater, as for Pesa, or Stratzi, it depends if they would like the position since Rick, Pesa and Stratzi are not from NA. I know there is a American in LABS named Bias. He might want it.

• Upvote 1

I'm nominating myself for the memes because god knows how many people I pissed off  :kek:

But yes, I genuinely have loads of experience managing large discord servers (1 with 45K members, 1 with 2.5k members and another one with 9.5k members). I can show proof to Haswell/officers if they want to see it.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

EHwxqNX.gif

vote for me obviously, i require attention to feed my massive ego

if u dont vote for me i will commit tax fraud as well as several warcrimes in syria

E4aeD22UcAAM-Xj.png

• Upvote 1

I should definitely be a mod as a very responsible and active member of the Armored Warfare community. \s

• Upvote 1

I shall nominate myself for i shall mod with a firm but fair titanium fist instead of a iron one and there shall be equality for all.

• Upvote 1

As much as I´d love to and i have often wished i could influence things, i have to decline the nomination, as i don´t fit the initial purpose of this poll, given that im not living in the US time zone and the goal was mainly to find people for said time zone.

Accepting would mean that i go against my view that this is, with the current set of candidates (except for Bob, but im getting some meme-vibes there), missing its mark. I mean no offense, i think that rick in particular would make a great mod and it is kinda obvious that he has my vote. But more mods, even if they dont quite fit for the intended purpose does not seem logical.

Should ever the need arise for additional european mods, i will reconsider my choice and if necessary nominate myself.

I´d still thank rick for nominating me, that is very kind. I wish you the very best luck.

PSA: mod voting is hitting a hickup and will be a bit delayed. But if all goes well, the delay won't matter at the end. Sorry!

Spoiler