Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

News - Now Available: Lilac and Steel

Source: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/now-available-lilac-and-steel

NEWS

NOW AVAILABLE: LILAC AND STEEL

APR 29TH | 2021

Commanders!

The celebrations of an anniversary of the end of the Second World War are fast approaching and, for the occasion, we’ve prepared a special event, in which you can win exciting prizes, including the SU-152 Taran Tier 5 Premium Tank Destroyer. The theme of the event is the 1945 liberation from Nazism and the prizes were designed to match with the Lilac flower and armor being the main symbols. You can read more about that topic in our article dedicated to the Liberator skin.

The event now available and you can access it by pressing the Event button in your Garage.

Its rules are very simple. Complete the daily objective by destroying 5 enemy vehicles in a single PvE battle or 1 player vehicle in PvP (while driving a Tier 3 vehicle or higher) in order to receive a reward for every stage of the event.

These rewards include:

• SU-152 Taran Tier 5 Premium Tank Destroyer (read more)
  • Liberator skin for SU-152 Taran (read more)
  • 2 Titles
  • Flag
  • Base Paint
  • 7 days of Premium Time

Please note:

• This event may run concurrently with other events and is available to all players
  • You may only complete one objective per day
  • The event starts on April 29 and ends on May 29

We hope that you will enjoy this event and will see you on the battlefield!

PSA: There are potentially 31 "days" in the event, but only if you play reasonably promptly at the start of the first day (today) and the last day, and you're in a time zone that can exploit the fact that the server is in Amsterdam.  I did my first mission at 10:00 am PDT this morning, at which time it said there were 29 days 16 hours left in the event.  Once I completed the mission, it said the next stage would unlock in 7 hours.  So at that point I had 1 "day" done and would still have the opportunity to do 30 more, but the 30th "day" would only be 9 hours long and start at 17:00 PDT.

Depending on your time zone, that last "day" could be really short.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

On 4/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, knutliott said:

PSA: There are potentially 31 "days" in the event, but only if you play reasonably promptly at the start of the first day (today) and the last day, and you're in a time zone that can exploit the fact that the server is in Amsterdam. 

OK, looks very similar to the 5th anniversary event mechanic, except there are no lootboxes, so it's all predictable.

Banner takes 1 day (but useless to those of us who never unlocked banners), second stage is 2 days, third stage is 3 days, the later stages are 5 days each... so 26 days total to finish all the stages if I've counted correctly. Plus the Taran is in the middle of all the stages... so ample time to get the steel stuff with lasting value. Looks like you could miss a couple days and still get the lilacs if you want.

1 hour ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Plus the Taran is in the middle of all the stages... 

Yeah this is perhaps the best feature of this event - what most people would probably consider the "main" prize only requires participation on 11 of the 31 days.

Though... dat Liberator skin is pretty sweet!

Finally received the Taran - it definitely looks cool. Looking forward to the skin.

Not sure whether I will grind it right now to level up the crew and add the retrofits to buff it up a bit... still have a lot of progression vehicles competing for attention. Might be a good project for a rainy day later on.

QR

I received the Taran and kitted it out (including paying to level up the crew) and then played it.  It's decent, but like anything else in that tier range it can't complete with a York or Shilka.  Sure you can snipe kills easily, but a York or Shilka will get 2 more kills while you reload so they don't even really notice that you sniped them.  Oddly, 750-ish damage seems low but I guess is actually about right.  I guess I just expect more from a big boom like that.

The reload doesn't seem too bad with a full kit.  I was even using Erin as the commander because the Taran has good camo to start with.  With Erin you don't even get spotted when you fire.

Not something I'll play much if at all simply because the York exists.  If I'm going to play Tier 5, I'll play my York.

1 hour ago, EbenezerScrooge said:

so you guys are saying that I can still obtain the taran when I will start playing, for example from tomorrow ?

thanks 

Yep, we are on day 14-15 now, and the Taran takes 11 days from the beginning, so if you start soon then the Taran should still be possible because you would finish on something like day 26/30.

DVC and good luck,

QR

On 5/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, knutliott said:

I guess I just expect more from a big boom like that. ...

Not something I'll play much if at all simply because the York exists.  If I'm going to play Tier 5, I'll play my York.

I think the Taran boom sounds a lot like the Object 190 boom. Makes me wonder how many boom sound clips actually exist in the game, or whether they have someone on staff intentionally tuning the booms to be distinctive (not that we are dealing with reality anymore, but they are pretty obsessive about the skins, so why not the audio?).

I agree the York is the mainstay for T5, considering I started T5 with the Starshi*.  ... Hopefully it won't get nerfed with the fall update, now that I finally scored one in the last BP.

QR

4 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Yep, we are on day 14-15 now, and the Taran takes 11 days from the beginning, so if you start soon then the Taran should still be possible because you would finish on something like day 26/30.

DVC and good luck,

QR

I think the Taran boom sounds a lot like the Object 190 boom. Makes me wonder how many boom sound clips actually exist in the game, or whether they have someone on staff intentionally tuning the booms to be distinctive (not that we are dealing with reality anymore, but they are pretty obsessive about the skins, so why not the audio?).

I agree the York is the mainstay for T5, considering I started T5 with the Starshi*.  ... Hopefully it won't get nerfed with the fall update, now that I finally scored one in the last BP.

QR

thank You my friend for the answer, have a great one ;)