OhHello

What tools I should have before mod?

I just get started with mod in this game, completely clueless for how to, or even non-knowledge about models file in-game. I have tried a lot of tool online and search in this place too! But none of them lead me to the right thing I needed.... 
So uh can you guys suggest me what should I first figure out and the tool need for this ( a.k.a in-game editor ) I want to make mod about models.
Thanks you guys a lot.

Nobody has figured out how to import new models into the game, not here, not in the russian speaking community either.

Well to be more specific, I want to import models game file into Blender, just only that, and in reverse way to turn these model into some 3d custom skin.
I don't really sure if but I once see a mod about K2 thunder got a missile laucher that kind of cut from another td then mount to the top of K2... yea just that all I want to do.

For that all you need is notepad++, as any such mods just graft existing in-game models onto the tank via the attachment system in a .cdf file. All it is is manually typing in the coordinates, rotation, attachment point and model paths.

• Upvote 1

Would you mind, giving a tutorial on how to create such a .cdf and where to find / use the attachment points / attachments?

image.thumb.png.d4ceb84c9226951f93d66cb865a2eb1a.png

You can find model names and original .cdf files of tanks by exporting the resource .paks from gamesdk folder

Alright... I think that's so detail for an answer, but anyway thanks you for giving me a right answer for this topic.