Sign in to follow this  
Austin5125

Rh 120 L/44 gun on the Vickers Mk.7

20200316101804_1.thumb.jpg.63652e359b80ade90795289dae59df9c.jpg

I was scouring through vehicles to report for the contest and then I found this.

Apparently, Vickers Mk.7 clearly have L11 rifled gun modeling, but the description states it have Rh 120 L/44.

I was initially going to report it on contest, then I realized its closely related balance issue.

If its changed to L11 rifled gun like Chieftain or Challenger 1, the HEAT shell will be removed and replaced with rather hard-to-use HESH shell.

It should use Rh 120 L/44 cannon modeling from Leopard 2, not the British rifled gun.

On a side note, I love that this is almost 3 year old modeling error and still present in the game. Damn priorities.

Shhhh, don't tell them that.

It's not like the Vickers is a good performer to begin with, having HEAT is probably the biggest thing making it bearable.

Spoiler

Might be good to submit to the devs to clean up. They are currently holding a contest to clean up the English text in-game. This includes:

Misleading or outright wrong item or objective descriptions, objectives and any other texts

I would say this could be easily fixed as the gun could very well be a mislabeled item. 

In other news, the upcoming K2 should be using a 120mm L/55 gun developed by Hyundai Wia, not MKEK (which is the Turkish consortium responsible for the Altay's gun)...