Edit History

Norse_Viking

Norse_Viking

I moved my main pc, hooked it all up and during the windows startup, the power supply cord fell out of the wall socket.  Sparks flying at the wall socket.

And ofcourse it will not turn on again.

However when I remove the powercables from the cpu to the psu, the mobo lights up, the led lights on the rams light up and cycle like normaly and the fans spin up. And gpu seems ok, works in my reserve pc now. 8 year old hardworker, runs fine with AW, but not so well on other things.

Makeing me belive the mobo survived the incident.

So its either the cpu or the cpu outtakes on the psu that is messed up.

Parts :

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Prosessor

MSI Z270 Gaming M7, Socket-1151

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 750W PSU

Any tips ?

I have already ordered an AMD package including mobo, psu, ram, fan and psu. But would have been nice to salvage the original pc, although the few lgs1151 processors I seen so far cost almost the same as the AMD upgrade package.

Norse_Viking

Norse_Viking

I moved my main pc, hooked it all up and during the windows startup, the power supply cord fell out of the wall socket.  Sparks flying at the wall socket.

However when I remove the powercables from the cpu to the psu, the mobo lights up, the led lights on the rams light up and cycle like normaly and the fans spin up. And gpu seems ok, works in my reserve pc now. 8 year old hardworker, runs fine with AW, but not so well on other things.

Parts :

Any tips ?

I have already ordered an AMD package including mobo, psu, ram and fan. But would have been nice to salvage the original pc, although the few lgs1151 processors I seen so far cost almost the same as the AMD upgrade package.

Norse_Viking

Norse_Viking

Parts :

Any tips ?

I have already ordered an AMD package including mobo, psu, ram and fan. But would have been nice to salvage the original pc, although the few lgs1151 processors I seen so far cost almost the same as the AMD upgrade package.