Sign in to follow this  
Wepps

Frostbitten

I have noticed a couple of anomalies in my time playing.  I've been around since near the beginning off and on. One of them is that I noticed a couple of tanks I own seem to draw certain missions consistently. My Centauros and Ingwe's are two of those that happen to draw Frostbite most often.

I have been pure PvE since my return. And prefer that play. On easy mode. I'm just quickly running through the bonuses on all my tanks. Haven't been able to do them all in a day yet. My ass isn't as iron as it used to be.

But in the case of the Ingwe, it earns a 75% win rate. I kid you not. And it's not my fault. I typically score at or near the top of the team. In this case with huge spotting numbers.

This morning, once again, Frostbite. Cleared the 1st major objective, scouted the southern border. Ran for where I knew the 2nd objective was. Spotted 21 total, did 5800 dmg, mission is nowhere near ending and....it ends with a loss. And I still haven't figured out why. The enemy wasn't even camping the objective yet and I had all of them scouted and in view.

And it's not the first time. This has happened to me many times. And particularly with the Ingwe.

Does anyone else see these anomalies?

I usually don't play the easy PvE mode, but in the other one i had never seen that bug.

If it is really a bug. Which one was the second cap, the near one or the far one? I often loose that mission with random players because they always cap 1 way too fast, without before clearing the area from the enemies and mainly without giving me the time to reach a position where i can defend the 2nd cap before the enemies between me and it spawn. Some players seems to be attracted by the first cap like some insects at night are attracted by a lamp, they just can not resist, they surely have been burned many times, but they have to rush into the capping circle.

Probably there is some very strong magnet in that cap that attracts the steel of their tanks:snrk:

Are you sure that you really spotted all the enemies and there was not some of them not spotted in the cap? If so you should had seen the capping timer progress. As in that mission all the main caps have to be defended it is impossible to loose it because you are too slow, you run out of time, that can happen when you have to cap. The only way to loose it is to let the bots cap, and they can cap pretty fast, but as soon as a bot enters a cap the capping timer starts, so you know both that someone is capping and how much seconds are left for damaging or killing the bots in the cap.

If you did not put attention to the capping timer as you was focused on hitting the bots outside the cap then probably there is no bug and some not spotted bot managed to cap. But if you are 100% sure that there was no capping timer active and suddenly the mission ended with a loss then there is indeed a bug and you should report it to the game publisher,, better if you have a recording of the match.

Farthest objective. I got there first before the enemy took some hits anyway.

No cap timer. It wasn't a one time thing for me. It happens often.

all it takes is less than 3min and another map will be there for you to choose from.

Some maps are designed to make a team of newbies loose and there is no point to save the team so many times for the same xp and credits as on the next map.

On another note, on that second further cap, there is a wreck and If you hide your tank behind it, you can easily erase all incoming tanks and they'll keep shooting to that wreck instead of you. Its easy map bud too much moving for too little xp imo.

Some maps are designed to make a team of newbies loose, it is true, but still I fail to understand how, after years that the mission works this way still so many people did not learn from their own experience that if you rush the first cap and don't kill first the bots around it and leave some time for a tank that is already headed towards the second one if the second one is the far one you have very little chances to win the mission.

And when you play tier 9-10 the other players are not noobs, if not some rare wallet player or very lucky one that has got his T9-10 in some loot crate. I see a lot of players rushing in the first cap like some night butterfly rush to a source of light, they seem to not be able to resist the temptation even if they burnt their wings so many times. And someone that has a progression T10 is not a novice, as you have to play a lot to grind to it. He may be an under performing player, as if 50% is over the average there is also the 50% that is under it, but there is a clear difference between being a novice, an under performing player or an ape that keeps to do the same error over and over without learning how to play that mission, maybe not performing well themselves, but at least giving to the ones that could carry it a chance to do it. 

Often they cap so soon that even if i run to the second cap after the couple of tanks that come from the left are killed, as they would be in my path, even with a fast tank like the sphinx i can not avoid to find the tanks that spawn in my path after the first cap.