Edit History

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

Will you improve the decal system by allowing decals to be resized or repositioned from their fixed places?

We are currently investigating this topic. For now, we have no definitive answer.

Are you planning some major new vehicle visual customization options (such as adding camo nets to all vehicles)?

Not for the foreseeable future.

More customization options please, I want to pimp out my tank!

Can you add a voice warning that you are running out of ammunition of a certain type?

We'll look into it.

This would be a nice little QoL change provided that it isn't overdone. There are times when I run out of one type of ammo and I only realize it when my next shot has a different impact sound. A simple one-time warning of "X rounds of HEAT remaining" or similar would be great, but "X rounds of HEAT remaining .... X-1 rounds of HEAT remaining ... X-2 rounds of HEAT remaining .... X-3 rounds of HEAT remaining" would get very annoying very quickly.

Bonus points if the warning is made at a different time for vehicles that have a magazine or ready rack system, with the warning being issued when the player has a full exactly one full reload of the shot type left (e.g. A player in a Merkava would get the warning with 4 rounds remaining, but a player in a PL-01 would get it at 6 rounds remaining).

The Type 99A2 Tier 10 progression MBT is too weak – it has a really thin upper front plate, thin sides, offers poor gun depression and no real niche for its playstyle. Can you improve its performance?

We know that it's not great and we are planning to overhaul it in the future. For now, we can't promise any deadlines, it's not like the vehicle is critically broken so that it requires an immediate intervention. Additionally, some of the abovementioned arguments aren't entirely valid. The upper frontal plate is protected by modern ERA, which was overhauled recently. The sides (although only the frontal portion of them) are amongst the thickest on Tier 10 MBTs and we will actually make that thicker area larger. As for the gun depression, that aspect is dictated by the vehicle's geometry – we can't improve it without the gun clipping into the hull.

Are you planning to return alternative weapon systems to VBL or Wiesel? Will MBT-70 get its 20mm autocannon?

Not at the moment, for any of these questions. But we'll consider it.

What about the CATTB? It's poorly armored and has a long reload time to boot.

The sides will receive a buff. The frontal armor of this vehicle is average – as intended, so we won't be improving that. The reload time will not be improved either.

At least they're planning on fixing the worst tier 10 MBT (Type 99A2), so that's good

MBT-70 and/or KPz-70 getting their 20mm cannon would be interesting, might be something to look for with the tier 1-6 rebalance mentioned in the Q&A.

CATTB frontal armour is fine imo, but a buff to the side armour is welcome. Personally, I'd consider buffing the damage and penetration of the CATTB's shells to match the same shells of the XM1A3 before buffing the CATTB's reload.

In real life, the Armata platform (T-14, T-15) does have ERA elements on its sides. In the game, it does not. Will you add them?

We'll look into that as well.

Please explain the HEAT-MP shell purpose. To us, it's very toxic, because it allows you to deal damage even upon non-penetration. The ATGMs do this too, but they do have a lot of disadvantages the HEAT-MP shells do not, such as being exposed to enemy fire, or being fired by vehicles with light armor.

The HEAT-MP shells are intended to be sort of warning shots. They don't deal massive damage upon non-penetration, but they do force camping MBT players to move, because otherwise their hitpoints would get chipped away with every shot. And it's working. We are currently considering reducing the HEAT-MP non-penetration damage to make this shell type not as obviously superior to the standard HEAT rounds as it is, but we won't remove it altogether.

The BMPT series does not have sufficient autocannon ammunition. Any plans to improve it?

Yes. We'll improve the entire BMPT series ammo count to match that of the T-15. In other words, these vehicles will have 1200 autocannon rounds instead of 900.

And just when I thought the people doing the Q&A had good ideas on how to balance some of the vehicles.

:tomatotardk:

Oh, and then there's this gem:

We feel that soft-kill APS does not work against AI opponents. Is that intended?

No, that's not intended. If it's so, please submit a bug report.

Apparently the AI mitigating players' soft-kill APS is not intended, and the devs are only now being made aware of this despite this being the observed behaviour since the hard/soft kill APS split.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

Will you improve the decal system by allowing decals to be resized or repositioned from their fixed places?

We are currently investigating this topic. For now, we have no definitive answer.

Are you planning some major new vehicle visual customization options (such as adding camo nets to all vehicles)?

Not for the foreseeable future.

More customization options please, I want to pimp out my tank!

Can you add a voice warning that you are running out of ammunition of a certain type?

We'll look into it.

This would be a nice little QoL change provided that it isn't overdone. There are times when I run out of one type of ammo and I only realize it when my next shot has a different impact sound. A simple one-time warning of "X rounds of HEAT remaining" or similar would be great, but "X rounds of HEAT remaining .... X-1 rounds of HEAT remaining ... X-2 rounds of HEAT remaining .... X-3 rounds of HEAT remaining" would get very annoying very quickly.

Bonus points if the warning is made at a different time for vehicles that have a magazine or ready rack system, with the warning being issued when the player has a full exactly one full reload of the shot type left (e.g. A player in a Merkava would get the warning with 4 rounds remaining, but a player in a PL-01 would get it at 6 rounds remaining).

The Type 99A2 Tier 10 progression MBT is too weak – it has a really thin upper front plate, thin sides, offers poor gun depression and no real niche for its playstyle. Can you improve its performance?

We know that it's not great and we are planning to overhaul it in the future. For now, we can't promise any deadlines, it's not like the vehicle is critically broken so that it requires an immediate intervention. Additionally, some of the abovementioned arguments aren't entirely valid. The upper frontal plate is protected by modern ERA, which was overhauled recently. The sides (although only the frontal portion of them) are amongst the thickest on Tier 10 MBTs and we will actually make that thicker area larger. As for the gun depression, that aspect is dictated by the vehicle's geometry – we can't improve it without the gun clipping into the hull.

Are you planning to return alternative weapon systems to VBL or Wiesel? Will MBT-70 get its 20mm autocannon?

Not at the moment, for any of these questions. But we'll consider it.

What about the CATTB? It's poorly armored and has a long reload time to boot.

The sides will receive a buff. The frontal armor of this vehicle is average – as intended, so we won't be improving that. The reload time will not be improved either.

At least they're planning on fixing the worst tier 10 MBT (Type 99A2), so that's good

MBT-70 and/or KPz-70 getting their 20mm cannon would be interesting, might be something to look for with the tier 1-6 rebalance mentioned in the Q&A.

CATTB frontal armour is fine imo, but a buff to the side armour is welcome. Personally, I'd consider buffing the damage and penetration of the CATTB's shells to match the same shells of the XM1A3 before buffing the CATTB's reload.

In real life, the Armata platform (T-14, T-15) does have ERA elements on its sides. In the game, it does not. Will you add them?

We'll look into that as well.

Please explain the HEAT-MP shell purpose. To us, it's very toxic, because it allows you to deal damage even upon non-penetration. The ATGMs do this too, but they do have a lot of disadvantages the HEAT-MP shells do not, such as being exposed to enemy fire, or being fired by vehicles with light armor.

The HEAT-MP shells are intended to be sort of warning shots. They don't deal massive damage upon non-penetration, but they do force camping MBT players to move, because otherwise their hitpoints would get chipped away with every shot. And it's working. We are currently considering reducing the HEAT-MP non-penetration damage to make this shell type not as obviously superior to the standard HEAT rounds as it is, but we won't remove it altogether.

The BMPT series does not have sufficient autocannon ammunition. Any plans to improve it?

Yes. We'll improve the entire BMPT series ammo count to match that of the T-15. In other words, these vehicles will have 1200 autocannon rounds instead of 900.

And just when I thought the people doing the Q&A had good ideas to balance some of the vehicles.:tomatotardk:

Oh, and then there's this gem:

We feel that soft-kill APS does not work against AI opponents. Is that intended?

No, that's not intended. If it's so, please submit a bug report.

Apparently the AI mitigating players' soft-kill APS is not intended, and the devs are only now being made aware of this despite this being the observed behaviour since the hard/soft kill APS split.