Edit History

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

11 hours ago, knutliott said:

Huh?  The 10M credit pack is something like 2650 BC, isn't it?  And isn't the 1M credit pack 500 BC?

Or did you spend 31.5k BC to get 100M credits?  That's still a bad idea, but would make more sense.

the 31.5k BC was to go from rank 10 to rank 17 (7 ranks at 4.5k BC each), with the original idea being that I would try to work my way up to rank 50

as it turns out, real life intervened and I didn't get as much play time as I would have wanted, which means that I'm effectively stuck with 31.5k BC tied up in ranks and nothing but 10M credits (the rank 17 rank 16 reward) to show for it. I could spend another 36k BC and get myself the Msta-S, but that's falling into the sunk cost fallacy and is not really worth it for an arty imo.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

2 hours ago, knutliott said:

Huh?  The 10M credit pack is something like 2650 BC, isn't it?  And isn't the 1M credit pack 500 BC?

Or did you spend 31.5k BC to get 100M credits?  That's still a bad idea, but would make more sense.

the 31.5k BC was to go from rank 10 to rank 17 (7 ranks at 4.5k BC each), with the original idea being that I would try to work my way up to rank 50

as it turns out, real life intervened and I didn't get as much play time as I would have wanted, which means that I'm effectively stuck with 31.5k BC tied up in ranks and nothing but 10M credits (the rank 17 reward) to show for it. I could spend another 36k BC and get myself the Msta-S, but that's falling into the sunk cost fallacy and is not really worth it for an arty imo.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

as it turns out, real life intervened and I didn't get as much play time as I would have wanted, which means that I'm effectively stuck with 31.5k BC tied up in ranks and nothing but 10M credits (the rank 17 reward) to show for it. I could spend another 36k BC and get myself the Msta-S, but that's falling into the sunk cost fallacy and is not really worth it imo.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

I still have 5k coins to spend/squander today, but so far I've received:

• Shilka
  • Kurganets-25
  • MSTA-S
  • Khrizantema-S
  • Object 195
  • T-55 Enigma (purchased, because why not?)
  • QN-506

I also bought a few other packages like Premium time, insignias, and boosts, but not many of them.  That's likely what I'll spend my remaining coins on later today.  I get a free 10:1 refill at 4:00 pm and then a free full refresh at 8:00 pm before the BP ends at 1:00 am tomorrow morning.  (I'm on Pacific time.)

Shilka is good, but too low tier to be useful in any way.  Enigma is weird and also too low tier to be useful, but I bought it for the silliness of it.

MSTA is arty.  You either like arty or you don't.  MSTA is one of the better single-shot arties, but single-shot arties are generally inferior to the multi-shot arties.  So... meh.

Khrizantema is actually pretty decent.  People write it off as a higher-tier Stalker that's missing its gun, but that's not true.  The Khrizantema's missiles reload much faster, so it actually works as a missile-only vehicle.  It's not memes great or anything, but it's perfectly serviceable.  I actually like it better than the Stalker because a missiles-only vehicle is easier to keep hidden than one that has to use an AC to be useful.

Kurganets, 195, and QN are all great fun and high enough tier that I'll probably use all of them.

as it turns out, real life intervened and I didn't get as much play time as I would have wanted, which means that I'm effectively stuck with 31.5k BC tied up in ranks and nothing but 10M credits (the rank 17 reward) to show for it.