Edit History

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

21 minutes ago, Komitadjie said:

I *believe* that's not actually relative to the direction, but relative to the center of your vehicle, to where the DAMAGE was taken.  So a lot of that gets some weird results, where a HE splash hits, say, the side of your turret, but the only spot with weak armor is your engine deck... so it shows the fire-line in the direction between vehicle center and damage taken, even though the actual SHOT came from well off that angle.  

Probably not intentional, but at least from what I've seen that's how it's currently working.  I could be wrong as well.

Honestly, your best guess is as good as mine.

That said, what few instances I have observed in any detail suggest that the errant incoming fire indicator always points to the southeast corner of the map, which would imply that (at least for PvE) the UI interprets unspotted enemies as being in the southeast corner of the map until they are spotted and their position becomes available for the UI to plot.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

17 minutes ago, Komitadjie said:

I *believe* that's not actually relative to the direction, but relative to the center of your vehicle, to where the DAMAGE was taken.  So a lot of that gets some weird results, where a HE splash hits, say, the side of your turret, but the only spot with weak armor is your engine deck... so it shows the fire-line in the direction between vehicle center and damage taken, even though the actual SHOT came from well off that angle.  

Probably not intentional, but at least from what I've seen that's how it's currently working.  I could be wrong as well.

Honestly, your best guess is as good as mine. That said, what few instances I have observed in any detail suggest that the errant incoming fire indicator always points to the southeast corner of the map, which would imply that (at least for PvE) the UI interprets unspotted enemies as being in the southeast corner of the map until they are spotted and their position becomes available for the UI to plot.