Edit History

Azdule

Azdule

40 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

So if I understand your feedback correctly: under the current circumstances, the event made no sense because of long waiting times. Got it.

But imagine if the waiting times were instant.

1) Would something like that be fun, such playthroughs? It could be fun, but I think locking it to a pre-made would be a better idea.  Much like heroics, getting a group of players together would be the best way to do it as you can go at your own speed, take a comfort break when needed and then not have to queue for 40m+.  Plus when you fail MC chapter 4, you can easily yell at somebody to express your frustration :)

2) Or would it be something you'd do just for the rewards?  Rewards are nice, but for me in the version we had it didn't make sense.  It wasn't worth the effort put into it.  8 hours+ of gameplay / queueing resulting in 2 boxes, when you'd normally get those 2 boxes for 2 hours (average) gameplay.  If it had better rewards, I'd be willing to put more effort into it.  Perhaps a battalion mission related to it?  Much like complete heroics, but complete spec ops chain on 9/10 for X contribution points or something.  As Has has pointed out, in its current form it's around 18 hours (2 gaming days) for two runs for 4 boxes was not great.  

I think currently most of us here have completed the spec op's hundreds of times and have most of the cheeves for them.  I'm nearing completion of a few of them aswell (Curse you CC for only counting SPG on the final chapter!) so there isn't really much incentive to play them, other than the boxes.  The story line of them is something I have listened to hundreds of times.  

3) If the rewards were the same, would you rather play (current) standard PvE or (current) Spec Ops?  If rewards were to stay the same (1 box per Spec ops chapter per tier) I'd prefer to run just the normal ones at the weekend. The chain, in the form we've seen, didn't add anything to my gameplay experience.  It was a slog of just grinding through things for a reward that was normally given out for less work.  

Also not sure why this has become a sub quote section..

Overall I think it was a good idea, but execution was flawed.  It could do with some improvements overall.  A thing I heard some while ago - was the juice worth the squeeze?  In this case no.  But there is potential for it to be.

*edit* I also thought - the reason I did slog through the chain was because it was easier to farm the raid event - often Spec ops are required to stand a chance of completing event missions or some of the harder contract missions

Azdule

Azdule

20 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

So if I understand your feedback correctly: under the current circumstances, the event made no sense because of long waiting times. Got it.

But imagine if the waiting times were instant.

1) Would something like that be fun, such playthroughs? It could be fun, but I think locking it to a pre-made would be a better idea.  Much like heroics, getting a group of players together would be the best way to do it as you can go at your own speed, take a comfort break when needed and then not have to queue for 40m+.  Plus when you fail MC chapter 4, you can easily yell at somebody to express your frustration :)

2) Or would it be something you'd do just for the rewards?  Rewards are nice, but for me in the version we had it didn't make sense.  It wasn't worth the effort put into it.  8 hours+ of gameplay / queueing resulting in 2 boxes, when you'd normally get those 2 boxes for 2 hours (average) gameplay.  If it had better rewards, I'd be willing to put more effort into it.  Perhaps a battalion mission related to it?  Much like complete heroics, but complete spec ops chain on 9/10 for X contribution points or something.  As Has has pointed out, in its current form it's around 18 hours (2 gaming days) for two runs for 4 boxes was not great.  

I think currently most of us here have completed the spec op's hundreds of times and have most of the cheeves for them.  I'm nearing completion of a few of them aswell (Curse you CC for only counting SPG on the final chapter!) so there isn't really much incentive to play them, other than the boxes.  The story line of them is something I have listened to hundreds of times.  

20 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

3) If the rewards were the same, would you rather play (current) standard PvE or (current) Spec Ops?  If rewards were to stay the same (1 box per Spec ops chapter per tier) I'd prefer to run just the normal ones at the weekend. The chain, in the form we've seen, didn't add anything to my gameplay experience.  It was a slog of just grinding through things for a reward that was normally given out for less work.  

Also not sure why this has become a sub quote section..

Overall I think it was a good idea, but execution was flawed.  It could do with some improvements overall.  A thing I heard some while ago - was the juice worth the squeeze?  In this case no.  But there is potential for it to be.