Edit History

Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

On 8/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, knutliott said:

I watch those videos and I just can't believe what's going on.  You guys pulled off things that I cannot do, and I don't mean "skillful" things.  I mean that in exactly the same positions, I'd get raped by auto-pen enemies. every. damn. time.

I don't mean that to discredit your skill in any way - you're both very, very good.  It's just that the bots aren't doing things to you that they do to me in every game.  In numerous places throughout the first video, I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.  No question.  At the first cap after the initial contact when one of the players charges around the corner to the right, straight into 3-4 enemies?  Dead.  Insta-dead.  No fucking way I'd survive trying that.  It's so beaten into me that I panicked and tried to back up while watching the video, then felt despair that I was going to die, then felt incredulous when that T-15 not just survived but did so basically unscathed.  W. T. F???

In all seriousness, are we absolutely sure that your stats don't somehow affect the bots' performance against you in a match? 

Most of my stats are good, but not make-you-look-twice good.  Win rate 91.8, survival rate 95.4, firing efficiency 11.5, defense efficiency 2.28, damage per match 15.5k, kills per match 9, spots per match 10.  Pretty normal "good but not awesome" numbers.  But my Battle Efficiency is 197, which is pretty awesome, and I sometimes get the feeling that it affects bots.  They gang-bang me even when they're already engaged before I show up.  They follow me with their guns even when I'm not spotted and behind hard cover while being shot in the ass by one of my teammates.  I'm basically forced to play extremely conservatively in a support role to avoid being wiped from the map as soon as the first bots are encountered.

And then I watch these videos and my reaction is that this simply isn't possible.  I understand the maps, I understand the positioning, I understand all of the tactics being used... that's just not how the bots react when I'm in the match.

i uh have worse stats than you, so its  not a stats problem

rather the AI does have prioritization routines
so if they arent being shot at, they will tend to shoot at the first/closest thing they see

ScreenShot0044.jpg

Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

On 8/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, knutliott said:

I watch those videos and I just can't believe what's going on.  You guys pulled off things that I cannot do, and I don't mean "skillful" things.  I mean that in exactly the same positions, I'd get raped by auto-pen enemies. every. damn. time.

I don't mean that to discredit your skill in any way - you're both very, very good.  It's just that the bots aren't doing things to you that they do to me in every game.  In numerous places throughout the first video, I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.  No question.  At the first cap after the initial contact when one of the players charges around the corner to the right, straight into 3-4 enemies?  Dead.  Insta-dead.  No fucking way I'd survive trying that.  It's so beaten into me that I panicked and tried to back up while watching the video, then felt despair that I was going to die, then felt incredulous when that T-15 not just survived but did so basically unscathed.  W. T. F???

In all seriousness, are we absolutely sure that your stats don't somehow affect the bots' performance against you in a match? 

Most of my stats are good, but not make-you-look-twice good.  Win rate 91.8, survival rate 95.4, firing efficiency 11.5, defense efficiency 2.28, damage per match 15.5k, kills per match 9, spots per match 10.  Pretty normal "good but not awesome" numbers.  But my Battle Efficiency is 197, which is pretty awesome, and I sometimes get the feeling that it affects bots.  They gang-bang me even when they're already engaged before I show up.  They follow me with their guns even when I'm not spotted and behind hard cover while being shot in the ass by one of my teammates.  I'm basically forced to play extremely conservatively in a support role to avoid being wiped from the map as soon as the first bots are encountered.

And then I watch these videos and my reaction is that this simply isn't possible.  I understand the maps, I understand the positioning, I understand all of the tactics being used... that's just not how the bots react when I'm in the match.

i uh have worse stats than you, so its  not a stats problem

ScreenShot0044.jpg