Edit History

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Consulting the Infernal Powers

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Just out of curiosity. Let's assume that it won't be the case and the Stalker will be perfectly balanced. Which is something elite PvP players (aka 1-5 percent of playerbase, depending on what metrics you use) will appreciate, but for everyone else, it will be more like "meh why bother, we already better vehicles in the game."

How will you make it attractive to other players?

I thought, a long long time ago, the idea of AW premium vehicles was they wouldn't be OP or anything like that, but they'd just be like a regular progression vehicle, but since it was a Premium, it would shower the owner with Credits. Like the terminator sapphire or whatever.

Of course the premium tanks at that time pretty much were all actual progression vehicles, plus a few others. That was one of the things that I thought was a really good idea: you could get an advantage out of a Premium, without anyone screaming "pay to win".

Now the situation seems to have changed a bit, am I right? I can see with the newest crop of Premiums, even if they are sometimes also available through the BP, they do tend to be OP. I only have to look at the results screen of an average glops match, to see all the Prems occupying the top positions.

I'm not denying those Prems might have very talented players in them, but the best players aren't stupid, and they won't be picking tanks because they are terrible vehicles that you can't win with. And also some of the top players I've seen have a couple of Billion credits, so they aren't in a Prem for the money.

Addressing power creep as you are doing now, that's a good thing, you only need to do that, because it becomes a problem... You know you're going to end up in the same situation.... Right?

Anyway, enough from me.

PS. Oh and this Stalker, its special feature... It's not going to be... "Silent" is it ;->

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

U

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Just out of curiosity. Let's assume that it won't be the case and the Stalker will be perfectly balanced. Which is something elite PvP players (aka 1-5 percent of playerbase, depending on what metrics you use) will appreciate, but for everyone else, it will be more like "meh why bother, we already better vehicles in the game."

How will you make it attractive to other players?

I thought, a long long time ago, the idea of AW premium vehicles was they wouldn't be OP or anything like that, but they'd just be like a regular progression vehicle, but since it was a Premium, it would shower the owner with Credits. Like the terminator sapphire or whatever.

Of course the premium tanks at that time pretty much were all actual progression vehicles, plus a few others. That was one of the things that I thought was a really good idea: you could get an advantage out of a Premium, without anyone screaming "pay to win".

Now the situation seems to have changed a bit, am I right? I can see with the newest crop of Premiums, even if they are sometimes also available through the BP, they do tend to be OP. I only have to look at the results screen of an average glops match, to see all the Prems occupying the top positions.

I'm not denying those Prems might have very talented players in them, but the best players aren't stupid, and they won't be picking tanks because they are terrible vehicles that you can't win with. And also some of the top players I've seen have a couple of Billion credits, so they aren't in a Prem for the money.

Addressing power creep as you are doing now, that's a good thing, you only need to do that, because it becomes a problem... You know you're going to end up in the same situation.... Right?

Anyway, enough from me.

PS. Oh and this Stalker, its special feature... It's not going to be... "Silent" is it ;->