Edit History

Zemosu

Zemosu

On 7/15/2020 at 3:57 AM, di_duncan said:

After visiting the list of games using CryEngine, I can now somewhat understand the causes behind the better visuals/performance of the games you've mentioned.

Kingdom Come Deliverance was developed by Warhorse Studios, a Czech game development company with >100 employees, which is over 3 times the number compared to Allods (the team currently working on AW). Furthermore, it was released in 2018, so it also likely took advantage of an improved, refined version of CryEngine.

Hunt Showdown is expected to look and perform better, since it's Crytek themselves who developed it. Plus, they are using CryEngine V (the most modern iteration of the engine), so the excellent visual fidelity is no big surprise really.

I check that list to and also several other discussions on cry engine games, and it seems that cryengine 3 fps drops is like run of the mill stuff, nothing new here. I manged to get the game to run at around 144(with drops to 100 also I will post pics of settings when I get on my home pc) on normal -small maps, but as soon as I get a big map(Frontlines, Roughneck, etc) the game drops to 20-30 fps and stays there unless I go to sniper view where I get around 50-70 fps.

The main changed I did that showed results was to changes some of the anti aliasing settings from the graphics card settings to override the application settings. I believe this can be done on Nvidia by manually setting the graphics card as the processor for anti aliasing and overriding application settings I remember this helped me get to 144 fps on my GTX 1060 but it didn't help with stability of frames, still that lead to a increase in the average fps.

One last topic I regarding cryengine 3 that I had found was that Cry engine 3 performs worst on Vega GPUS, and also that it performs worst on Win10 vs Win7 with Vega GPUS and seeing that I have a Vega 56 on Win 10 kinda blows.

Zemosu

Zemosu

On 7/15/2020 at 3:57 AM, di_duncan said:

After visiting the list of games using CryEngine, I can now somewhat understand the causes behind the better visuals/performance of the games you've mentioned.

Kingdom Come Deliverance was developed by Warhorse Studios, a Czech game development company with >100 employees, which is over 3 times the number compared to Allods (the team currently working on AW). Furthermore, it was released in 2018, so it also likely took advantage of an improved, refined version of CryEngine.

Hunt Showdown is expected to look and perform better, since it's Crytek themselves who developed it. Plus, they are using CryEngine V (the most modern iteration of the engine), so the excellent visual fidelity is no big surprise really.

I check that list to and also several other discussions on cry engine games, and it seems that cryengine 3 fps drops is like run of the mill stuff, nothing new here. I manged to get the game to run at around 144(with drops to 100 also I will post pics of settings when I get on my home pc) on normal -small maps, but as soon as I get a big map(Frontlines, Roughneck, etc) the game drops to 20-30 fps and stays there unless I go to sniper view where I get around 50-70 fps.

The main changed I did that showed results was to changes some of the anti aliasing settings from the graphics card settings to override the application settings. I believe this can be done on Nvidia by manually setting the graphics card as the processor for anti aliasing and overriding application settings I rememebr this helped me get to 144 fps on my GTX 1060 but it didn't help with stability of frames, still that lead to a increase in the average fps.

One last topic I regarding cryengine 3 that I had found was that Cry engine 3 performs worst on Vega GPUS, and also that it performs worst on Win10 vs Win7 with Vega GPUS and seeing that I have a Vega 56 on Win 10 kinda blows.