Edit History

dfnce

dfnce

On 7/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, di_duncan said:

So because the majority of players enjoy playing MBTs, their performance should be emphasized/prioritized? That's not a particularly valid/convincing argument.

According to such logic, all other classes should remain inferior to MBTs largely in part due to their overwhelming popularity and accessibility. May as well remove/exclude all the other classes entirely then, since all of their roles can be effectively performed by MBTs (at least in their current form).

I knew several players who enjoyed playing lighter vehicles who quit AW simply because of the dominance of MBTs. I don't think it's particularly enjoyable to be forced to one class due to that specific class of vehicle(s) being far more effective on the battlefield.   

I have few thoughts here

1) it should be conscious business decision what is market segment for this game. Make happy everyone, or just few. Or make majority unhappy and happy selected group (like MBT players). It is totally up to the producer as business owner. What i see that the recurring remodelling of base principles of the game indicate that they don't have well-defined foundation or long-term strategy, and they still attempt to define that multi-class common ground, which is harder to define than monolithic ground which serves interests to one group only. 

MBT-love doesn't contradict with advertisement hype around AW in Russia in 2016 was built around another hype - mighty armata T-14 which soon conquer all the world. And that was golden era of AW in RU segment, which all happened before Balance 2.0.  After b2.0 the course was taken to "WoT-alike" gameplay, and then each next update was adding more and more imbalanced mechanics, truly f2p mmo. So when i read they want to nerf all MBT, ask - are they play their game? What is wrong with them, they should study gameplay videos on youtube of AW back in 2016 before 0.12 (when MBT were super blind).

2) considering how many people play AFV/TD/LT in PvP simply points that these classes are far from being handicapped. They have damage, speed, stealth when passive and vision by default.  What mail ru forgets to say is that Ophelia commander was the one who made MBT superior spotter (more specialized build Dougas second). There are still Miramon and Ioannis but they trade so much to get their situational spotting.

3) current spotting mechanics is in shaked state now. It doesn't work in consistent intuitive way. Even if you change a core of spotting stats, it is still working on code which needs a lot of improvement

4) When if consider when and why MBT dominate over other classes

- what is the role counter-MBT class 

--- Is it doing damage from stealth?

--- Is it scouting?

--- Is attempt to balance trade "armor vs stealth" makes sense? 

--- is it correct that vehicle can self-spot, deal damage and remain hidden in same time (vs not so far-seeing opponents) ?

--- what is value or condition where  MBT can spot such vehicle (and make everyone happy)? 

- do all MBT perform same way?

- do all tiers expose MBT prevalence over AFV-TD?

- do maps provide enough room for AFV-TD?

- what is impact of commanders which make MBT stronger spotter than they  used to be ?

5) Mail ru did their experiment with Arty (removal and now attempt to bring it back). Official people here could answer if that really mattered. Arty is already in game in form of auto-bot auto-aim mortar - just with shorter range. In my opinion, introducing arty would counter AFV/TD and help blind MBT. None of lobbyists obviously advocate full spotting ammo for Arty, it could harm AFV/TD sitting on far positions.

6) With spotting range nerf it with be difficult for MBT to spot such infantry. 

dfnce

dfnce

So because the majority of players enjoy playing MBTs, their performance should be emphasized/prioritized? That's not a particularly valid/convincing argument.

According to such logic, all other classes should remain inferior to MBTs largely in part due to their overwhelming popularity and accessibility. May as well remove/exclude all the other classes entirely then, since all of their roles can be effectively performed by MBTs (at least in their current form).

I knew several players who enjoyed playing lighter vehicles who quit AW simply because of the dominance of MBTs. I don't think it's particularly enjoyable to be forced to one class due to that specific class of vehicle(s) being far more effective on the battlefield.   

I have few thoughts here

1) it should be conscious business decision what is market segment for this game. Make happy everyone, or just few. Or make majority unhappy and happy selected group (like MBT players). It is totally up to the producer as business owner. What i see that the recurring remodelling of base principles of the game indicate that they don't have well-defined foundation or long-term strategy, and they still attempt to define that multi-class common ground, which is harder to define than monolithic ground which serves interests to one group only. 

MBT-love doesn't contradict with advertisement hype around AW in Russia in 2016 was built around another hype - mighty armata T-14 which soon conquer all the world. And that was golden era of AW in RU segment, which all happened before Balance 2.0.  After b2.0 the course was taken to "WoT-alike" gameplay, and then each next update was adding more and more imbalanced mechanics, truly f2p mmo. So when i read they want to nerf all MBT, ask - are they play their game? What is wrong with them, they should study gameplay videos on youtube of AW back in 2016 before 0.12 (when MBT were super blind).

2) considering how many people play AFV/TD/LT in PvP simply points that these classes are far from being handicapped. They have damage, speed, stealth when passive and vision by default.  What mail ru forgets to say is that Ophelia commander was the one who made MBT superior spotter (more specialized build Dougas second). There are still Miramon and Ioannis but they trade so much to get their situational spotting.

3) current spotting mechanics is in shaked state now. It doesn't work in consistent intuitive way. Even if you change a core of spotting stats, it is still working on code which needs a lot of improvement

--- Is it scouting?

--- is it correct that vehicle can self-spot, deal damage and remain hidden in same time (vs not so far-seeing opponents) ?

--- what is value or condition where  MBT can spot such vehicle (and make everyone happy)? 

- what is impact of commanders which make MBT stronger spotter than they  used to be ?

5) Mail ru did their experiment with Arty (removal and now attempt to bring it back). Official people here could answer if that really mattered. Arty is already in game in form of auto-bot auto-aim mortar - just with shorter range. In my opinion, introducing arty would counter AFV/TD and help blind MBT. None of lobbyists obviously didn't advocate against full spotting ammo for Arty.

dfnce

dfnce

I have few thoughts here

3) current spotting mechanics is in shaked state now. It doesn't work in consistent intuitive way. Even if you change a core of spotting stats, it is still working on code which needs a lot of improvement.. Also, mail ru forgets that Ophelia commander was the one who made MBT superior spotters (more specialized build Dougas second). There are still Miramon and Ioannis but they trade so much to get their situational spotting.

--- Is it scouting?

5) Mail ru did their experiment with Arty (removal and now attempt to bring it back). Official people here could answer if that really mattered. Arty is already in game in form of auto-bot auto-aim mortar - just with shorter range. In my opinion, introducing arty would counter AFV/TD and help blind MBT. None of lobbyists obviously didn't advocate against full spotting ammo for Arty.