Edit History

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

On 7/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, di_duncan said:

The cap situation was likely equal until the second phase, when your opponents also seized control of point 3. Despite the PANZR player performing out of his league, your team also suffered from inconsistency and incoordination. Although your team dealt more damage and secured more kills, the cap/ticket disadvantage resulted in a loss. 

I doesnt look like anyone else is going to have a go, so...

Just looking at the teams before the match, ie one has a 3-man-platoon and the other had nothing, I'd say: victory red team, since there weren't any significant clan people I recognised.

Looking at the teams
blues have 13 clan players, red team 10, but they have a platoon...

What actually happened

Spoiler

Oooooh you were close.  

Phase 1: deadlock.

I got in the Cap with the first wave, we took it, they got theirs.  No one got anywhere, I got killed, at the right time to make a move to point 4.

Phase 2:

There were people already fighting over 3 before it spawned.  I was sitting on 4 as it spawned.

I capped 4 alone with maybe one other guy, they got 5 sometime later, as everyone else from both teams, poured into 3. Points still neck and neck. Cap 3 bloodbath ensued, no one got the upper hand.  

I decided: there's enough people on 3, I'll just sit here & Def 4, someone has to.  There were multiple just-in-time bomb runs. still no one takes 3 for more than a few seconds.  The timer was ticking down, and down, and down, we were still... about 100 points ahead.

In about the last minute, the XM1A3 decided to go for my 4 cap, I had a couple of shots at him, couldn't track him on the way.  I looked at the score: we were still microscopically ahead, I decided if he gets me (25 pts) and just sits on the Cap for a few seconds we could lose this, so I ran off, and luckily he decides to chase me and ignore cap 4. I run, dragging him away from cap 4, until I lost him.  

At that point we won.

Red team 0, blue team 46. No one ever got cap 3.

As close as it gets.  2 more dead tanks, or 19 fewer seconds of capping, and we'd have lost it.

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

The cap situation was likely equal until the second phase, when your opponents also seized control of point 3. Despite the PANZR player performing out of his league, your team also suffered from inconsistency and incoordination. Although your team dealt more damage and secured more kills, the cap/ticket disadvantage resulted in a loss. 

Just looking at the teams before the match, ie one has a 3-man-platoon and the other had nothing, I'd say: victory red team, since there weren't any significant clan people I recognised.

Looking at the teams

What actually happened

Spoiler

Oooooh you were close.  

I got in the Cap with the first wave, we took it, they got theirs.  No one got anywhere, I got killed, at the right time to make a move to point 4.

Phase 2:

There were people already fighting over 3 before it spawned.  I was sitting on 4 as it spawned.

I capped 4 alone with maybe one other guy, they got 5 sometime later, as everyone else from both teams, poured into 3. Points still neck and neck. Cap 3 bloodbath ensued, no one got the upper hand.  

I decided: there's enough people on 3, I'll just sit here & Def 4, someone has to.  There were multiple just-in-time bomb runs. still no one takes 3 for more than a few seconds.  The timer was ticking down, and down, and down, we were still... about 100 points ahead.

In about the last minute, the XM1A3 decided to go for my 4 cap, I had a couple of shots at him, couldn't track him on the way.  I looked at the score: we were still microscopically ahead, I decided if he gets me (25 pts) and just sits on the Cap for a few seconds we could lose this, so I ran off, and luckily he decides to chase me and ignore cap 4. I run, dragging him away from cap 4, until I lost him.  

At that point we won.

Red team 0, blue team 45. No one ever got cap 3.

As close as it gets.  2 more dead tanks, or 19 fewer seconds of capping, and we'd have lost it.

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Looking at the teams

What actually happened

Spoiler

Oooooh you were close.  

Phase 2:

In about the last minute, the XM1A3 decided to go for my 4 cap, I had a couple of shots at him, couldn't track him on the way.  I looked at the score we were still microscopically ahead, I decided if he gets me (25 pts) and just sits on the Cap for a few seconds we could lose this, so I ran off, and luckily he decides to chase me and ignore cap 4. I run, dragging him away from cap 4, until I lost him.  

At that point we won.

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Looking at the teams

What actually happened

Spoiler

Oooooh you were close.  

I got in the Cap with the first wave, we took it, they got theirs.  No one got anywhere, I got killed, at the right time to make a move to point 4. There were people already fighting over 3 before it spawned.  I was sitting on 4 as it spawned.

In about the last minute, the XM1A3 decided to go for my 4 cap, I had a couple of shots at him, couldn't track him on the way.  I looked at the score we were still microscopically ahead, I decided if he gets me (25 pts) and just sits on the Cap for a few seconds we could lose this, so I ran off, and luckily he decides to chase me and ignore cap 4. I run, dragging him away from cap 4, until I lost him.  

At that point we won.