Edit History

TeyKey1

TeyKey1

1 hour ago, di_duncan said:

I'm rather surprised that someone of your wisdom hasn't already played the majority of (if not all) vehicles in AW already... All of your posts/replies suggest that you have significant experience in nearly (if not all) aspects of AW (including vehicles).

Nope quite the contrary actually. It depends to whom I'm comparing myself to but I'm probably not really playing too much, at least compared to my WOT days. In AW I got roughly 8k battles overall after 5 active years playing so probably not really on the top in this regard.

Basically I'm lacking a fair bit of progression tanks, but I do have the vast majority of all premium vehicles. This is simply because I seem to be playing prem vehicles more often than progression ones in general, additionally lots of the progression vehicles I got as reskin premiums first (chally 1, wiesel HOT for example) this kinda stalled my efforts to actually grind the progression counterparts. Second reason is that I cherry pick the lines I want to grind. For example the merkava line and the whole Sol Schreiber tree doesn't interest me (except for the Magachs) in the least as I don't like the playstyle of the vehicles so I basically never really bothered grinding it. Currently I'm grinding Francine De Laroche and the Oscar Faraday tree as the vehicles interest me a lot in terms of playstyle. Up next is probably Zhang Feng with the Anders-Wilk line.

Additionally after the Balance 2.0 reset I had loads of free reputation lying around and decided to only use it to skip bad tanks and to unlock important modules already at the beginning instead of spending it on vehicle lines I don't really like. Still have ~15million reputation so it would be sufficient to complete some lines from the start but I don't think its as much fun clicking through the menu than just grinding the vehicles with the luxury to unlock important modules from the start and have a "nice" grind ahead.

Regarding game knowledge it sure helps to have played all vehicles but for the most part it's quite easy to predict the playstyle of every vehicle in the game by just looking at its stats or having it as an enemy in a battle (of course you need to know the game well to get a feel for this).

Btw: I have the PL01 now and it is quite fun even stock :happyseal:

TeyKey1

TeyKey1

22 minutes ago, di_duncan said:

I'm rather surprised that someone of your wisdom hasn't already played the majority of (if not all) vehicles in AW already... All of your posts/replies suggest that you have significant experience in nearly (if not all) aspects of AW (including vehicles).

Nope quite the contrary actually. It depends to whom I'm comparing myself to but I'm probably not really playing too much, at least compared to my WOT days. In AW I got roughly 8k battles overall after 5 active years playing so probably not really on the top in this regard.

Basically I'm lacking a fair bit of progression tanks, but I do have the vast majority of all premium vehicles. This is simply because I seem to be playing prem vehicles more often than progression ones in general, additionally lots of the progression vehicles I got as reskin premiums first (chally 1, wiesel HOT for example) this kinda stalled my efforts to actually grind the progression counterparts. Second reason is that I cherry pick the lines I want to grind. For example the merkava line and the whole Sol Schreiber tree doesn't interest me (except for the Magachs) in the least as I don't like the playstyle of the vehicles so I basically never really bothered grinding it. Currently I'm grinding Francine De Laroche and the Oscar Faraday tree as the vehicles interest me a lot in terms of playstyle. Up next is probably Zhang Feng with the Anders-Wilk line.

Additionally after the Balance 2.0 reset I had loads of free reputation lying around and decided to only use it to skip bad tanks and to unlock important modules already at the beginning instead of spending it on vehicle lines I don't really like. Still have ~15million reputation so it would be sufficient to complete some lines from the start but I don't think its as much fun clicking through the menu than just grinding the vehicles with the luxury to unlock important modules from the start and have a "nice" grind ahead.

Regarding game knowledge it sure helps to have played all vehicles but for the most part it's quite easy to predict the playstyle of every vehicle in the game by just looking at its stats or having it as an enemy in a battle (of course you need to know the game well to get a feel for this).