Edit History

itzjustrick

itzjustrick

7 hours ago, knutliott said:

Unlike vehicle balance, I wouldn't be opposed to a general buff to commanders.  Even the best ones feel no better or maybe slightly better than a single retrofit, and the bad ones basically just feel useless.  Buffing all of the commanders up to retrofit level doesn't seem like a bad thing, provided they're different enough to still feel unique compared to each other.

Maybe you could, but I would be wary of giving veterans even more advantages than new players. Just as retros are totally inaccessible to newbies, leveled commanders are as well... This means that we must take into account that someone with a bad commander can still fight someone with a good commander in for example pvp. This must also have some kind of balance, so that should be taken into account.  

But I agree we can make certain commanders have more influence. Although I think it should max out at the level ophelia or Douglas currently are.

itzjustrick

itzjustrick

7 hours ago, knutliott said:

Unlike vehicle balance, I wouldn't be opposed to a general buff to commanders.  Even the best ones feel no better or maybe slightly better than a single retrofit, and the bad ones basically just feel useless.  Buffing all of the commanders up to retrofit level doesn't seem like a bad thing, provided they're different enough to still feel unique compared to each other.

Maybe you could, but I would be wary of giving veterans even more advantages than new players. Just as retros are totally inaccessible to newbies, leveled commanders are as well... This means that we must take into account that someone with a bad commander can still fight someone with a good commander in for example pvp. This must also have some kind of balance, so that should be taken into account.