Edit History

di_duncan

di_duncan

Additional comments

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

If you make her a one-trick pony, you've destroyed her for PvE and since PvE is the dominant game mode I have to assume it's also the dominant revenue stream.

Based on her strengths and the capabilities of the current roster of commanders, Ophelia should not be optimized (or commonly used for that matter) for PvE play. If PvE players are looking for a commander that increases DPM output, Vincent or even Cortez are arguably better options. However, because Ophelia is able to provide significant buffs to both reload speed and view range (both being rather important in PvE), any player can simply use her to maximize both damage and assist (spotting) damage.

Furthermore, if she is a meta commander in all vehicles, modes, and tiers (even without her primary ability), something must be awry with the overall commander balance as well. If she does not receive a nerf, then can we expect a sweeping buff to the other, less viable commanders (as @itzjustrick has mentioned)?

When all is said and done, I would rather nuke her for PvE than keep her in her current state for GlOps. Her overall viability in one mode should not overrule the quality of life of another. I mean Alisa was never (and still isn't) a decent commander for PvP or GlOps, but I have no complaints in that regard.  

di_duncan

di_duncan

47 minutes ago, knutliott said:

If you make her a one-trick pony, you've destroyed her for PvE and since PvE is the dominant game mode I have to assume it's also the dominant revenue stream.

Based on her strengths and the capabilities of the current roster of commanders, Ophelia should not be optimized (or commonly used for that matter) for PvE play. If PvE players are looking for a commander that increases DPM output, Vincent or even Cortez are arguably better options. However, because Ophelia is able to provide significant buffs to both reload speed and view range (both being rather important in PvE), any player can simply use her to maximize both damage and assist (spotting) damage.

Furthermore, if she is a meta commander in all vehicles, modes, and tiers (even without her primary ability), something must be awry with the overall commander balance as well. If she does not receive a nerf, then can we expect a sweeping buff to the other, less viable commanders?

When all is said and done, I would rather nuke her for PvE than keep her in her current state for GlOps. Her overall viability in one mode should not overrule the quality of life of another. I mean Alisa was never (and still isn't) a decent commander for PvP or GlOps, but I have no complaints in that regard.