Edit History

knutliott

knutliott

12 minutes ago, di_duncan said:

Same here. I think her main selling point lies with her basic ability, so I they will make any changes to it. 

However my qualms lie with her additional skills, which by themselves are very powerful. My suggestion would be for them to adjust/remove these supplementary skills, essentially converting Ophelia into a one-trick-pony.

I don't think they can do that, either.  She can be tuned, but you can just up and nuke half of her abilities.  If you make her a one-trick pony, you've destroyed her for PvE and since PvE is the dominant game mode I have to assume it's also the dominant revenue stream.  Honestly her other abilities are at least as important for PvE as her key skill, if not more important.  I'm sure it depends on play style, but her key skill only comes into play for me in maybe 20-25% of games.  (And after typing that it really feels too high... maybe 10% for me?)  But her other skills are constantly useful.

It needs to be a measured approach to tuning - perhaps more than once - to get her to a state where she's no longer toxic in PvP/GLOPS, but is still useful in those modes, and ensures that she hasn't been destroyed for PvE. 

knutliott

knutliott

5 minutes ago, di_duncan said:

Same here. I think her main selling point lies with her basic ability, so I they will make any changes to it. 

However my qualms lie with her additional skills, which by themselves are very powerful. My suggestion would be for them to adjust/remove these supplementary skills, essentially converting Ophelia into a one-trick-pony.

I don't think they can do that, either.  She can be tuned, but you can just up and nuke half of her abilities.  If you make her a one-trick pony, you've destroyed her for PvE and since PvE is the dominant game mode I have to assume it's also the dominant revenue stream.  Honestly her other abilities are at last as important for PvE as her key skill, if not more important.  I'm sure it depends on play style, but her key skill only comes into play for me in maybe 20-25% of games.  (And after typing that it really feels too high... maybe 10% for me?)  But her other skills are constantly useful.

It needs to be a measured approach to tuning - perhaps more than once - to get her to a state where she's no longer toxic in PvP/GLOPS, but is still useful in those modes, and ensures that she hasn't been destroyed for PvE.