Edit History

knutliott

knutliott

9 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Just played a game with the CATTB, if you play with Douglas you can aggressively push the reload under 12 seconds, 11.77 seconds with my current loadout, the Burlak ready rack is a game changer for the vehicle's playstyle, I would really happily trade and increased burst delay up to 3-4 seconds for more reload time reductions and better after bloom control, needs more HEAT and AP protection for the frontal hull.  

I played it last night intentionally in order to remind myself of its pre-patch performance, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet today.  (And probably won't until after work this evening.)

Just remember that the XM1A3, which has the same gun and ammo, starts out with a base 9.8 second reload.  It's under 10 seconds to start with, and mods/commanders take it down even further from there.  And the Leclerc T4 starts at 8.4 seconds with a 140mm gun.  Even the ATDU which has notoriously bad reload starts at 11.0 seconds.  The Object 195 and Object 490 152mm guns both start at 11.4 seconds.  So 11.77 for the CATTB with refits and commander can't be described as good by any stretch of imagination.

If the double tap actually worked properly it wouldn't be so ridiculous.  But that crazy-obnoxious bloom completely ruins the double tap feature, and it takes literally 2-3 seconds before Aim Time kicks in again after the first shot.  So, sure, on paper it looks like you can double tap 2 shots in about a second, but that's not really true beyond about 50m range.  If it had normal bloom then the current stats might actually work, but with the ridiculous bloom its reload needs to be much faster - probably in the 11 second range, but I'd be happy to try 12 to start - because it can't effectively double tap as advertised.

knutliott

knutliott

Just played a game with the CATTB, if you play with Douglas you can aggressively push the reload under 12 seconds, 11.77 seconds with my current loadout, the Burlak ready rack is a game changer for the vehicle's playstyle, I would really happily trade and increased burst delay up to 3-4 seconds for more reload time reductions and better after bloom control, needs more HEAT and AP protection for the frontal hull.  

I played it last night intentionally in order to remind myself of its pre-patch performance, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet today.  (And probably won't until after work this evening.)

Just remember that the XM1A3, which has the same gun and ammo, starts out with a base 9.8 second reload.  It's under 10 seconds to start with, and mods/commanders take it down even further from there.  And the Leclerc T4 starts at 8.4 seconds with a 140mm gun.  Even the ATDU which has notoriously bad reload starts at 11.0 seconds.  The Object 195 and Object 490 152mm guns both start at 11.4 seconds.  So 11.77 for the CATTB with refits and commander can't be described as good by any stretch of imagination.

If the double tap actually worked properly it wouldn't be so ridiculous.  But that crazy-obnoxious bloom completely ruins the double tap feature, and it takes literally 2-3 seconds before Aim Time kicks in again after the first shot.  So, sure, on paper it looks like you can double tap 2 shots in about a second, but that not really true beyond about 50m range.  If it had normal bloom then the current stats might actually work, but with the ridiculous bloom its reload needs to be much faster - probably in the 11 second range, but I'd be happy to try 12 to start - because it can't effectively double tap as advertised.

knutliott

knutliott

Just remember that the XM1A3, which has the same gun and ammo, starts out with a base 9.8 second reload.  It's under 10 seconds to start with, and mods/commanders take it down even further from there.  And the Leclerc T4 starts at 8.4 seconds with a 140mm gun.  Even the ATDU which has notoriously bad reload starts at 11.0 seconds.  The Object 195 and Object 490 152mm guns both start at 11.4 seconds.  So 11.77 for the CATTB can't be described as good by any stretch of imagination.

If the double tap actually worked properly it wouldn't be so ridiculous.  But that crazy-obnoxious bloom completely ruins the double tap feature, and it takes literally 2-3 seconds before Aim Time kicks in again after the first shot.  So, sure, on paper it looks like you can double tap 2 shots in about a second, but that not really true beyond about 50m range.  If it had normal bloom then the current stats might actually work, but with the ridiculous bloom its reload needs to be much faster - probably in the 11 second range, but I'd be happy to try 12 to start - because it can't effectively double tap as advertised.

knutliott

knutliott

Just remember that the XM1A3, which has the same gun and ammo, starts out with a base 9.8 second reload.  It's under 10 seconds to start with, and mods/commanders take it down even further from there.  And the Leclerc T4 starts at 8.4 seconds with a 140mm gun.  Even the ATDU which has notoriously bad reload starts at 11.0 seconds.  The Object 195 and Object 490 152mm guns both start at 11.4 seconds.  So 11.77 for the CATTB can't be described as good by any stretch of imagination.

If the double tap actually worked properly it wouldn't be so ridiculous.  But that crazy-obnoxious bloom completely ruins the double tap feature, and it takes literally 2-3 seconds before Aim Time kicks in again after the first shot.  So, sure, on paper it looks like you can double tap 2 shots in about a second, but that not really true beyond about 50m range.  If it had normal bloom then the current stats might actually work, but with the ridiculous bloom its reload needs to be much faster - probably in the 11 second range, but I'd be happy to try 12 to start - because it can't actually double tap as advertised.