Edit History

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

1 hour ago, di_duncan said:

... lots ...

thanks for the very in-depth reply :-) Lots to think about.

Even though +Prems do correllate somehow with an additional chance of winnning(IMHO), I know that's not the same as saying they are the sole direct cause of the extra wins, far from it. There's so much noise in the signal in any particular match, there's no way it 100% determines who wins. Especially now, as loads of people are getting the battle path prems, useless players buying Strelas because they think it's an automatic "I win" button, and so on. And in 10v10 matches +1 Prem is more of the team than +1 in a 15v15.

Also in Glops, winning depends a lot on knowing what you are doing,  and when, and just having a massive damage output tank, (like the Strela) and relentlessly coming top of the scores because of damage, doesn't mean much, if no one bothers to cap after you've killed everyone, & you end up losing.

--------------------------------

Can I get a reference for this claim? I seriously doubt premium vehicles have preferential matchmaking, especially considering how [relatively] small the current playerbase is

errrrrr  ... sorry nope, I looked and I can't find any reference to this except on the gamepedia WIKI(which doesn't really count), I really believe i remember this from somewhere, but if I remembered it incorrectly, or it was like this and they changed it, I can't say.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-----------------------------

Anyway back on topic:
I definitely think some Prem tanks ARE OP at the moment (cattb, strela), and if they can be OP in the hands of a normal guy, they are doubly OP with those [A1arM] guys
... is the win caused by the CATTB? Is it Player skill? Is it platooning, is it voice-coms, is it being tier10 tanks in a t9 game. - I'd say All of the above multiplied together.

and I'm sure you know, but i noticed people from [совет]* are also ridiculously good, i just hope they end up on my side
*google translate says this is 'Soviet'.

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

... lots ...

thanks for the very in-depth reply :-) Lots to think about.

Even though +Prems do correllate somehow with an additional chance of winnning(IMHO), I know that's not the same as saying they are the sole direct cause of the extra wins, far from it. There's so much noise in the signal in any particular match, there's no way it 100% determines who wins. Especially now, as loads of people are getting the battle path prems, useless players buying Strelas because they think it's an automatic "I win" button, and so on. And in 10v10 matches +1 Prem is more of the team that +1 in a 15v15.

Also in Glops, winning depends a lot on knowing what you are doing,  and when, and just having a massive damage output tank, (like the Strela) and relentlessly coming top of the scores because of damage, doesn't mean much, if no one bothers to cap after you've killed everyone, & you end up losing.

--------------------------------

Can I get a reference for this claim? I seriously doubt premium vehicles have preferential matchmaking, especially considering how [relatively] small the current playerbase is

errrrrr  ... sorry nope, I looked and I can't find any reference to this except on the gamepedia WIKI(which doesn't really count), I really believe i remember this from somewhere, but if I remembered it incorrectly, or it was like this and they changed it, I can't say.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-----------------------------

Anyway back on topic:
I definitely think some Prem tanks ARE OP at the moment (cattb, strela), and if they can be OP in the hands of a normal guy, they are doubly OP with those [A1arM] guys
... is the win caused by the CATTB? Is it Player skill? Is it platooning, is it voice-coms, is it being tier10 tanks in a t9 game. - I'd say All of the above multiplied together.

and I'm sure you know, but i noticed people from [совет]* are also ridiculously good, i just hope they end up on my side
*google translate says this is 'Soviet'.