Edit History

JintoLin

JintoLin

22 hours ago, di_duncan said:

MBT's should have clear frontal weakspots. I refuse to pixel-hunt for "green" in a similar fashion to AW prior to "Balance 2.0". Furthermore, turret rings are some of the most vulnerable systems in tanks IRL. Due to their size and complexity, the armor adjacent to many vehicle turret rings are often thinner, resulting in less protection.

That might be but that gap is not as large as AW has. The ring of a Leo 1 is not much taller than the diameter of the APFSDS round. With the overhang of the turret in most cases and the hull you will also pre-detonate any HEAT rounds. With AW accuracy rng,  hitting a turret ring should be less likely than winning the lottery.

Also if AW wanted to add the WT damage model most of the players would leave the game not to mention the engine does not seem to be able to support the added vehicle complexity and map size increase. I am game to one shot-ting tanks when I hit their fuel tanks or ammo racks and or shredding all but one or two of their crew from 1 mile away if you are.

Leo sectional.png

JintoLin

JintoLin

MBT's should have clear frontal weakspots. I refuse to pixel-hunt for "green" in a similar fashion to AW prior to "Balance 2.0". Furthermore, turret rings are some of the most vulnerable systems in tanks IRL. Due to their size and complexity, the armor adjacent to many vehicle turret rings are often thinner, resulting in less protection.

That might be but that gap is not as large as AW has. The ring of a Leo 1 is not much taller than the diameter of the APFSDS round. With the overhang of the turret in most cases and the hull you will also pre-detonate any HEAT rounds. With AW accuracy rng,  hitting a turret ring should be less likely than winning the lottery.

Also if AW wanted to add the WT damage model most of the players would leave the game not to mention the engine does not seem to be able to support the added vehicle complexity and map size increase. I am game to one shot-ting tanks when I hit their fuel tanks or ammo racks and or shredding all but one or two of their crew from 1 mile away if you are.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Leo sectional.png

JintoLin

JintoLin

Also if AW wanted to add the WT damage model most of the players would leave the game not to mention the engine does not seep to be able to support the added vehicle complexity and map size increase. I am game to one shot-ting tanks when I hit their fuel tanks or ammo racks and or shredding all but one or two of their crew if you are.

Leo sectional.png