Edit History

knutliott

knutliott

9 hours ago, dfnce said:

Just want to say that most of 3rd line set of tasks are not only spotting, they about "help deal damage" which works when you just highlight targets

Yeah, I know.  Tracking targets also works.  The hierarchy is Designate > Tracking/Disabling > Spotting.

9 hours ago, dfnce said:

Per my experience, i skipped the last two in first line, but the rest was just terribly grinding and repeatable. Some of them are doable in SO, some just in PvE. Kill first 3 or eliminate 3 first takes luck (with team and bots), skill, and some competitiveness spirit too. 

The fact that the grindiest missions are basically only doable in SpecOps is why I suggested that PvE and SpecOps should have separate requirements just like PvP and GLOPS.

There's also a huge difference between "doable" and "reasonable goal for an event."  Sure, 35k damage in PvE (not SpecOps) is doable but it's not a reasonable goal for an event, even if you do it in Spec Ops.  Especially 10 times.  That's an insanely random grind for a time-limited event.  You basically have to take the most OPAF vehicles, luck into the right map, and get a team full of potatoes (but not idiots) in order to pull it off.

Also remember that it's poor game design to design goals in an event that can only be completed by the best of the best.  These should be feasible for average players.  Not easy, but at least reasonably possible for average players to complete.  None of the final chain's missions qualify by that metric - they're all insane and basically require that you get a group together to help you complete them.  Some of them multiple times.  And I would argue that several of the 2nd half mission for the first 2 chains also don't meet that metric.  Anything above 25k damage in PvE is beyond the capabilities of most players even in SpecOps.  So is anything above 10 Eliminations or 20 kills.  Those are things an average player just can't do, which means they're not reasonable goals for an event like this.

And yes, I get it.  The real goal (from AW's perspective) is to get people to pay gold to skip those missions.  That basically makes it even worse, because it's such a blatant cash grab.

knutliott

knutliott

8 hours ago, dfnce said:

Just want to say that most of 3rd line set of tasks are not only spotting, they about "help deal damage" which works when you just highlight targets

Yeah, I know.  Tracking targets also works.  The hierarchy is Designate > Tracking > Spotting.

8 hours ago, dfnce said:

Per my experience, i skipped the last two in first line, but the rest was just terribly grinding and repeatable. Some of them are doable in SO, some just in PvE. Kill first 3 or eliminate 3 first takes luck (with team and bots), skill, and some competitiveness spirit too. 

The fact that the grindiest missions are basically only doable in SpecOps is why I suggested that PvE and SpecOps should have separate requirements just like PvP and GLOPS.

There's also a huge difference between "doable" and "reasonable goal for an event."  Sure, 35k damage in PvE (not SpecOps) is doable but it's not a reasonable goal for an event, even if you do it in Spec Ops.  Especially 10 times.  That's an insanely random grind for a time-limited event.  You basically have to take the most OPAF vehicles, luck into the right map, and get a team full of potatoes (but not idiots) in order to pull it off.

Also remember that it's poor game design to design goals in an event that can only be completed by the best of the best.  These should be feasible for average players.  Not easy, but at least reasonably possible for average players to complete.  None of the final chain's missions qualify by that metric - they're all insane and basically require that you get a group together to help you complete them.  Some of them multiple times.  And I would argue that several of the 2nd half mission for the first 2 chains also don't meet that metric.  Anything above 25k damage in PvE is beyond the capabilities of most players even in SpecOps.  So is anything above 10 Eliminations or 20 kills.  Those are things an average player just can't do, which means they're not reasonable goals for an event like this.

And yes, I get it.  The real goal (from AW's perspective) is to get people to pay gold to skip those missions.  That basically makes it even worse, because it's such a blatant cash grab.