Edit History

knutliott

knutliott

On 6/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Silentstalker said:

No. In your case, B gets an elimination. The assist mechanic triggers only if you don't kill BUT deal most damage. That is why "assist" and "kill" are both always together - either you get the kill, or, if you sgnificantly contribute, an assist.

I clearly still don't understand how this works, because based on everything said above this mission shouldn't be possible.

As you can see from the first screenshot, were 37 total enemy vehicles in the match.  And as you can see from the second screenshot, I got 19 Eliminations.  According to everything that's been said in the thread above, an Elimination and an Assist can't happen against the same enemy vehicle, which means that there are only 37 (total enemies) - 19 (my Eliminations) = 18 possible Assists available in this mission.  Yet there were 27.

I've seen this numerous times now, but it's most obvious in a crazy mission like this one.

Based on what I remember from the mission, I think it's entirely possible that I solo killed 10 enemies.  Meaning that no one else did any damage to those 10 vehicles at all.  If that's the case, then perhaps an Assist is always awarded unless there's a solo kill?  I.e. as long as at least 2 people contribute to destroying a vehicle, someone will be awarded an Assist?  Or to put it a 3rd way, you get an Assist if you don't get the kill but do the most damage to a vehicle not counting the player who got the kill.

ScreenShot0594.jpg

ScreenShot0595.jpg

knutliott

knutliott

On 6/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Silentstalker said:

No. In your case, B gets an elimination. The assist mechanic triggers only if you don't kill BUT deal most damage. That is why "assist" and "kill" are both always together - either you get the kill, or, if you sgnificantly contribute, an assist.

I clearly still don't understand how this works, because based on everything said above this mission shouldn't be possible.

As you can see from the first screenshot, were 37 total enemy vehicles in the match.  And as you can see from the second screenshot, I got 19 Eliminations.  According to the above, an Elimination and an Assist can't happen against the same enemy vehicle, which means that there are only 37 (total enemies) - 19 (my Eliminations) = 18 possible Assists available in this mission.  Yet there were 27.

I've seen this numerous times now, but it's most obvious in a crazy mission like this one.

Based on what I remember from the mission, I think it's entirely possible that I solo killed 10 enemies.  Meaning that no one else did any damage to those 10 vehicles at all.  If that's the case, then perhaps an Assist is always awarded unless there's a solo kill?  I.e. as long as at least 2 people contribute to destroying a vehicle, someone will be awarded an Assist?  Or to put it a 3rd way, you get an Assist if you don't get the kill but do the most damage to a vehicle not counting the player who got the kill.

ScreenShot0594.jpg

ScreenShot0595.jpg