Edit History

BumbaX

BumbaX

I agree with you and TC shared the same thing of Frostbite, must avoid to cap 1 early to win. But the fact that with randoms I had almost always some one running in cap 1 in TC and still happens in FB is a clue about having a problem that can not be ignored. I mean, when there is people that ask in chat to don't do it, when you are playing at T10, so with people that has gone trough the grind and so has played that mission so many times and still it happens almost every time we have some kind of problem, even a little baby learns that is better to don't touch the flame of a candle after the first time that he gets burned, but here we (as average of the players) are at a level of intelligence of some night insects that just can't avoid to fly near a lamp and get burned by it, 100% primordial instinct and 0% usage of brain and learning from experience.

Why this happens? IMO it happens because most of the PvE maps are designed to be played with primordial instinct only,

"i see da bot, i shot da bot"    :apseal:

too linear, too easy to beat once you learn a couple of tactics that work for you, i can safely snipe from that spot and so on. So if the players seem to be not able to deal with maps that need some (very basic) tactic, like send some one to defend a cap before you cap the previous, probably it is due to developers decisions, as i refuse to think that the bulk of AW players are idiots with a 30 IQ, so I am not happy when I read that maps that require some basic tactic and party coordination are completely removed, when I see decent maps transformed in boring one way only corridors like happened to Ricochet or are completely changed to an easy form like in Snake Bite.

We have no control over our team mates with randoms, but the developers can have a lot of control on how we, on average, use our brains, giving us missions that compel us to use them or linear and more boring ones that allow us an artificially too high win rate, and I am not found of the way the developers use it, it seems to me that they prefer a short time result, making our life easier, but more boring, instead a long term one, compelling us to learn how to think tactically and collaborate, and giving us in the end missions more fun to play. And it has to be done making the easy and linear missions less linear and boring, not having a bunch of easy missions and only a couple that require brain, other way it is sure that those missions will be skipped or lost almost every time you go with randoms, this is why i am fine with removing temporarily TC, but I am not fine to have it discarded forever.

I really think that the PvE mode has some potential to be more interesting and challenging, maybe not as the PvP ones as AI is somehow always exploitable while human players make each battle unique, but still a lot better then now. But even if i have seen something in this directions, now some bots use dead tanks as cover and show some sign of intelligent actions, while some times ago we had mostly bot lemming trains to the caps spamming AGTM, i don't see the same care in how the maps are dealt with, with the ones that had some potential to be interesting discarded or changed to an easier version and no change to the linear and easy ones to make them more challenging.

EDIT: Cerebrus is an other of the few examples where the missions are made more interesting as now we can have the bots push forward or stay more in the back, when you start the mission you don't know for sure how you have to play it, you have to react to what the bots do. This to tell that not all the changes that the developers do are in i wrong direction, i see when a change in the right one is done and i give credit to it.

BumbaX

BumbaX

I agree with you and TC shared the same thing of Frostbite, must avoid to cap 1 early to win. But the fact that with randoms I had almost always some one running in cap 1 in TC and still happens in FB is a clue about having a problem that can not be ignored. I mean, when there is people that ask in chat to don't do it, when you are playing at T10, so with people that has gone trough the grind and so has played that mission so many times and still it happens almost every time we have some kind of problem, even a little baby learns that is better to don't touch the flame of a candle after the first time that he gets burned, but here we (as average of the players) are at a level of intelligence of some night insects that just can't avoid to fly near a lamp and get burned by it, 100% primordial instinct and 0% usage of brain and learning from experience.

Why this happens? IMO it happens because most of the PvE maps are designed to be played with primordial instinct only,

"i see da bot, i shot da bot"    :apseal:

too linear, too easy to beat once you learn a couple of tactics that work for you, i can safely snipe from that spot and so on. So if the players seem to be not able to deal with maps that need some (very basic) tactic, like send some one to defend a cap before you cap the previous, probably it is due to developers decisions, as i refuse to think that the bulk of AW players are idiots with a 30 IQ, so I am not happy when I read that maps that require some basic tactic and party coordination are completely removed, when I see decent maps transformed in boring one way only corridors like happened to Ricochet or are completely changed to an easy form like in Snake Bite.

We have no control over our team mates with randoms, but the developers can have a lot of control on how we, on average, use our brains, giving us missions that compel us to use them or linear and more boring ones that allow us an artificially too high win rate, and I am not found of the way the developers use it, it seems to me that they prefer a short time result, making our life easier, but more boring, instead a long term one, compelling us to learn how to think tactically and collaborate, and giving us in the end missions more fun to play. And it has to be done making the easy and linear missions less linear and boring, not having a bunch of easy missions and only a couple that require brain, other way it is sure that those missions will be skipped or lost almost every time you go with randoms, this is why i am fine with removing temporarily TC, but I am not fine to have it discarded forever.

I really think that the PvE mode has some potential to be more interesting and challenging, maybe not as the PvP ones as AI is somehow always exploitable while human players make each battle unique, but still a lot better then now. But even if i have seen something in this directions, now some bots use dead tanks as cover and show some sign of intelligent actions, while some times ago we had mostly bot lemming trains to the caps spamming AGTM, i don't see the same care in how the maps are dealt with, with the ones that had some potential to be interesting discarded or changed to an easier version and no change to the linear and easy ones to make them more challenging.