Edit History

BumbaX

BumbaX

both are good tanks, MTTB has an ammo rack and takes reduced damage on the turret, M1A2 has the hard kill aps, but it takes forever to unlock it.

PvP wise i would say MTTB, but if you almost don't play it both are good IMO.

What I can suggest you is to try more PvP, probably starting from GLOPS that at least let you re spawn, while Random Battle is way less forgiving, an error or 2 are a trip to the garage. It is not easy coming from a PvE experience, most of what you have learned there does not apply in PvP, you are no more facing a large number of very predictable BOTS, but players that play, at least some of them, in an intelligent way, that can push one flank of the map or the other so the battle is never completely predictable and you have to use a lot the minimap to be aware of what is happening. And some players are probably way better then you, so when you face one of them you have little chance, but not all the PvP players are unicorns.

Avoid to go alone, you can not carry a PvP battle in the way it is sometimes possible in PvE, unless you are super strong, and I have seen often unicorns trying to do it and failing. It needs some battles to adapt to PvP, more or less depends on you, for me was surely more, in all the Random Battles i did try I was always destroyed very fast without doing anything really relevant, then I begun to adapt, even if to get my first gold medal  i had to wait some more time.

But for sure playing PvP, specially Random battle, but also GLOPS helped me a lot to improve, overall and also in PvE, that becomes more easy. So I would say pick the MTTB as it can help you to experiment with GLOPS and later with Random Battle, to use the terrain to get cover exposing only the turret and in PvE is not a bad tank at all.

EDIT: M1A2 can unlock the Sphinx, a very fun to play and powerful tank in all the modes and XM1A3 that in PvE, with its big alpha using HEAT is a great tank.

Also GAU is a good tank, but way more situational, you can use it in all the modes, even if in RB i got the gold medal only once with it, is not so easy to play, and to have it in good shape needs a lot of xp, while with the XM1A3 once you unlock HEAT you are ready to go, at least in PvE.

BumbaX

BumbaX

both are good tanks, MTTB has an ammo rack and takes reduced damage on the turret, M1A2 has the hard kill aps, but it takes forever to unlock it.

PvP wise i would say MTTB, but if you almost don't play it both are good IMO.

What I can suggest you is to try more PvP, probably starting from GLOPS that at least let you re spawn, while Random Battle is way less forgiving, an error or 2 are a trip to the garage. It is not easy coming from a PvE experience, most of what you have learned there does not apply in PvP, you are no more facing a large number of very predictable BOTS, but players that play, at least some of them, in an intelligent way, that can push one flank of the map or the other so the battle is never completely predictable and you have to use a lot the minimap to be aware of what is happening. And some players are probably way better then you, so when you face one of them you have little chance, but not all the PvP players are unicorns.

Avoid to go alone, you can not carry a PvP battle in the way it is sometimes possible in PvE, unless you are super strong, and I have seen often unicorns trying to do it and failing. It needs some battles to adapt to PvP, more or less depends on you, for me was surely more, in all the Random Battles i did try I was always destroyed very fast without doing anything really relevant, then I begun to adapt, even if to get my first gold medal  i had to wait some more time.

But for sure playing PvP, specially Random battle, but also GLOPS helped me a lot to improve, overall and also in PvE, that becomes more easy. So I would say pick the MTTB as it can help you to experiment with GLOPS and later with Random Battle, to use the terrain to get cover exposing only the turret and in PvE is not a bad tank at all.