Edit History

BumbaX

BumbaX

Having myself an internet connection that is petty not reliable, i can play a whole evening with a pretty decent ping below 100ms, that is well compatible with my particular type of connection, not cabled, but uses an antenna that communicates with an other one 2km far, then it is routed on proprietary cabled line of my internet provider to a place about 300km far, somewhere in the north of Italy, then has to reach with the normal route the AW main server in Amsterdam.

But some evenings, and i think is my provider's fault, but it is the only one available to me, i have much worst ping, sometimes with  400-500 ms average and spikes of more then 2000ms, so i perfectly know how to play with 160-240 ping, and what you tell seems to be very compatible with it, you miss shots, mainly against moving targets, and you loose kills before even if you aim well and/or shot before the other players you have a double delay, what you see on the monitor is what happened a fraction of second before and your own input reaches the AW server, so becomes effective in the game, with the same delay.

My suggestions are to avoid if possible to shot at moving targets, you can do it if the target is squishy, has a large green area, and you get used to anticipate where he will be given the shell traveling time + ping due delay, but if you have to aim at the narrow LFP of a MBT that is moving it becomes very difficult with a high ping, better then to shot at his track and then aim at the LFP when he is still, at least you get some reward if the other players shot at it as tracking has precedence over spotting.

Also avoid if possible to shot in PvE at low health enemies, try to shot at the full health ones, as your ping delay will make more likely that some other player gets the kill faster then you.

But even when i play with very high ping i get less damage then when i play with a good one with a ping like yours, in PvE the damage rate drop should not be so huge, a very good player that has an average of 30k maybe can do 25k, and a player with an average of 10k maybe will do 8k, I suffer more the defensive part of playing with high ping, as it makes likely that i react slower to the situation, if not when i tell to my tank to retreat under cover and it continues for a full second to go forward, completely exposed at the missiles of that T15 and couple of Bradleys  i have just spotted...

So my main and more useful suggestion is learn to play, and don't get me wrong, my intention is not to be judgmental or offensive at all, it is really the best suggestion i can give to you, in you own interest. As I think that we all have to learn to play, the novices, but also those with a lot of experience that are already good at the game. To improve is something that needs a deliberate effort. I find very useful to leave the match recording enabled and when i see a player performing very well in a match i often watch the recorded game looking at what he did, i learn a lot from the other players this way, new spots where to snipe, new tactics, and on and over. To watch the recordings is also very useful to find out my own mistakes. 

If we are talking of a ping of 1/4 sec or less, and not of ping of more then 1 second, that makes almost impossible to play well for everybody (and still it is possible to rank in the middle of the party at the end with it, even if you will not get a lot of blue stars), how the players is good or has still to improve matters way more then the ping itself.

I had a way inferior average damage when i was learning to play, and i had a very slow progression in the first part of my learning curve for reasons that now is too long to explain, even when playing with good ping then now, that i have become a better player, even if far to be the best, in the evenings when my ping is very bad, even when it is borderline to make the game not playable. 

So to make it short:
1 don't shot at moving targets that will probably make you miss, the speed, direction the target is moving and how it si armored matters.

2 don't shot at very low health targets unless you have absolutely to defend yourself, if also other players can kill them fastre then you.

3 every time you see a player doing something very good or using effectively a position on the map you don't know about watch the recording and learn from him.

I hope it helps.

BumbaX

BumbaX

Having myself an internet connection that is petty not reliable, i can play a whole evening with a pretty decent ping below 100ms, that is well compatible with my particular type of connection, not cabled, but uses an antenna that communicates with an other one 2km far, then it is routed on proprietary cabled line of my internet provider to a place about 300km far, somewhere in the north of Italy, then has to reach with the normal route the AW main server in Amsterdam.

But some evenings, and i think is my provider's fault, but it is the only one available to me, i have much worst ping, sometimes with  400-500 ms average and spikes of more then 2000ms, so i perfectly know how to play with 160-240 ping, and what you tell seems to be very compatible with it, you miss shots, mainly against moving targets, and you loose kills before even if you aim well and/or shot before the other players you have a double delay, what you see on the monitor is what happened a fraction of second before and your own input reaches the AW server, so becomes effective in the game, with the same delay.

My suggestions are to avoid if possible to shot at moving targets, you can do it if the target is squishy, has a large green area, and you get used to anticipate where he will be given the shell traveling time + ping due delay, but if you have to aim at the narrow LFP of a MBT that is moving it becomes very difficult with a high ping, better then to shot at his track and then aim at the LFP when he is still, at least you get some reward if the other players shot at it as tracking has precedence over spotting.

Also avoid if possible to shot in PvE at low health enemies, try to shot at the full health ones, as your ping delay will make more likely that some other player gets the kill faster then you.

But even when i play with very high ping i get less damage then when i play with a good one with a ping like yours, in PvE the damage rate drop should not be so huge, a very good player that has an average of 30k maybe can do 25k, and a player with an average of 10k maybe will do 8k, I suffer more the defensive part of playing with high ping, as it makes likely that i react slower to the situation, if not when i tell to my tank to retreat under cover and it continues for a full second to go forward, completely exposed at the missiles of that T15 and couple of Bradleys  i have just spotted...

So my main and more useful suggestion is learn to play, and don't get me wrong, my intention is not to be judgmental or offensive at all, it is really the best suggestion i can give to you, in you own interest. As I think that we all have to learn to play, the novices, but also those with a lot of experience that are already good at the game. To improve is something that needs a deliberate effort. I find very useful to leave the match recording enabled and when i see a player performing very well in a match i often watch the recorded game looking at what he did, i learn a lot from the other players this way, new spots where to snipe, new tactics, and on and over. To watch the recordings is also very useful to find out my own mistakes. 

If we are talking of a ping of 1/4 sec or less, and not of ping of more then 1 second, that makes almost impossible to play well for everybody (and still it is possible to rank in the middle of the party at the end with it, even if you will not get a lot of blue stars), how the players is good or has still to improve matters way more then the ping itself.

I had a way inferior average damage when i was learning to play, and i had a very slow progression in the first part of my learning curve for reasons that now is too long to explain, even when playing with good ping then now, that i have become a better player, even if far to be the best, in the evenings when my ping is very bad, even when it is borderline to make the game not playable. 

I hope it helps.

BumbaX

BumbaX

If we are talking of a ping of 1/4 sec or less, and not of ping of more then 1 second, that makes almost impossible to play well for everybody (and still it is possible to rank in the middle of the party at the end with it, even if you will not get a lot of blue stars), how the players is good or has still to improve matters way more then the ping itself. I had a way inferior average damage when i was learning to play and, and i had a very slow progression in the first part of my learning curve for reasons that now is too long to explain, even when playing with good ping then now, that i have become a better player, even if far to be the best in the evenings when my ping is very bad, even when it is borderline to make the game not playable. 

I hope it helps.

BumbaX

BumbaX

So my main and more useful suggestion is learn to play, and don't get me wrong, my intention is not to be judgmental or offensive at all, it is really the best suggestion i can give to you, in you own interest. As I think that we all have to learn to play, the novices, but also those with a lot of experience that are already good at the game. To improve is something that needs a deliberate effort. I find very useful to leave the match recording enabled and when i see a player performing very well in a match i often watch the reload looking at what he did, i learn a lot from the other players this way, new spots where to snipe, new tactics, and on and over. To watch the recordings is also very useful to find out my own mistakes. 

If we are talking of a ping of 1/4 sec or less, and not of ping of more then 1 second, that makes almost impossible to play well for everybody (and still it is possible to rank in the middle of the party at the end with it, even if you will not get a lot of blue stars), how the players is good or has still to improve matters way more then the ping itself. I had a way inferior average damage when i was learning to play and, and i had a very slow progression in the first part of my learning curve for reasons that now is too long to explain, even when playing with good ping then now, that i have become a better player, even if far to be the best in the evenings when my ping is very bad, even when it is borderline to make the game not playable. 

I hope it helps.