Edit History

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

9 hours ago, knutliott said:

Same thing for the huge overprogression unlocks on tanks.  1.6M additional XPs to unlock Trophy on the XM1A3???  "Stupidly annoying" doesn't quite cover it.  These are just bad mechanics masquerading as incentives to keep playing vehicles.

If you enjoy playing a vehicle and want a specific overprogression upgrade, isn't system isn't too bad (considering that it's still a time sink). However, if you don't like playing that vehicle or you don't want that particular upgrade the overprogression system is just a waste of time.

For example, I have the the XM1A3 and Type 99A2, both of which have overprogression. I like playing the XM1A3, so I'll probably pick up the trophy system eventually, but not any time soon because of all of the other vehicles I am grinding out.

On the other hand, I've already picked up the speed boost overprogression for the Type 99A2 which (in my opinion) is far more useful than rapid fire, so I don't really have an incentive to grind out 2M XP for an ability that I'm never going to use (especially considering that the 99A2 keeps getting nerfed every time I think about taking it out for a drive).

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

Same thing for the huge overprogression unlocks on tanks.  1.6M additional XPs to unlock Trophy on the XM1A3???  "Stupidly annoying" doesn't quite cover it.  These are just bad mechanics masquerading as incentives to keep playing vehicles.

If you enjoy playing a vehicle and want a specific overprogression upgrade, isn't system isn't too bad (but still a time sink). However, if you don't like playing that vehicle or you don't want that particular upgrade the overprogression system is just a waste of time.

For example, I have the the XM1A3 and Type 99A2, both of which have overprogression. I like playing the XM1A3, so I'll probably pick up the trophy system eventually, but not any time soon because of all of the other vehicles I am grinding out.

On the other hand, I've already picked up the speed boost overprogression for the Type 99A2 which (in my opinion) is far more useful than rapid fire, so I don't really have an incentive to grind out 2M XP for an ability that I'm never going to use (especially considering that the 99A2 keeps getting nerfed every time I think about taking it out for a drive).

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

If you enjoy playing a vehicle and want a specific overprogression upgrade, isn't system isn't too bad (but still a time sink). However, if you don't like playing that vehicle or you don't want that particular upgrade the overprogression system is mostly just a waste of time.

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

If you enjoy playing a vehicle and want a specific overprogression upgrade, isn't system isn't too bad. However, if you don't like playing that vehicle or you don't want that particular upgrade the overprogression system is mostly just a waste of time.