Edit History

Hunt

Hunt

Changed questions

Is there a pattern to which diesel vehicles use which files? I've tried swapping some for gas sounds and although they work at idle, low RPM and gear changes, I can't figure out which file mid gear/speed and top gear/speed uses. Driving for example the Chieftain Mk6 and comparing the sounds, I'm sure I've changed the correct files as idle, low rpm etc sound right, but mid gear/speed and top gear/speed haven't changed.

Hunt

Hunt

Hi, I was wondering how you changed these files to give different audio to vehicles? You mentioned in another comment that scripting would be required to give different vehicles a different sound, so how have you changed the audio in the first place?

For example, I want to use gas_f1_lp as the diesel_f3_lp. I might be being stupid, but how is that not possible but changing the sound of these engines in the first place is?

My understanding is you have modified the fsb file to have different audio for diesel_f3_lp as an example, but how did you do that? Are we not trying to change these sounds just like you have done?