Sign in to follow this  
Hamatu

AW Vulkan VS DirectX Windows 10

Hello. Has anyone tried using Vulkan API libraries in Armored Warfare?
Does it improve performance in any way? Can anyone double-check and confirm?

I left the necessary files
Just extract and replace the contents of the archive to the folder: .......Games\Armored Warfare\bin64
Then run AW.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FJVqFRQmHiAoKotwm3oZbUzgkDA3jUjo?usp=sharing

4444.jpg

Armored Warfare_2022.03.14-14.52.jpg

Is this DXVK? I've tried it, but performance is generally still unacceptable for my 6900XT. I noticed a LOT of texture loading issues using it as well.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:12 PM, Protocol said:

Is this DXVK?

Yes. This is a DXVK using Windows 10
I have an RX Vega 64. If you disable vertical synchronization, you can observe a small increase in performance. Approximately + - 10 fps.
But in general, the optimization of AW still looks low. Very often there are very strange, sudden fps drawdowns. Visually, it is also noticeable that the power of hardware is not being used to its full potential

During testing, I didn't notice any special problems with rendering textures in Armored Warfare. Everything looked as usual and without errors and artifacts.

11 hours ago, Hamatu said:

Yes. This is a DXVK using Windows 10
I have an RX Vega 64. If you disable vertical synchronization, you can observe a small increase in performance. Approximately + - 10 fps.
But in general, the optimization of AW still looks low. Very often there are very strange, sudden fps drawdowns. Visually, it is also noticeable that the power of hardware is not being used to its full potential

During testing, I didn't notice any special problems with rendering textures in Armored Warfare. Everything looked as usual and without errors and artifacts.

AMD's latest architectures have had problems with Cryengine games for a long time so its nothing new. Do you also observe your card downclocking itself (sometimes to idle) despite the game running? Just curious because many people who don't play this game don't believe the problems I have with this card. When I had a 3070 the game ran butter smooth except the few fps-dropping bugs that are well known like the autocannon spam one. 

On 3/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Protocol said:

AMD's latest architectures have had problems with Cryengine games for a long time so its nothing new. Do you also observe your card downclocking itself (sometimes to idle) despite the game running? Just curious because many people who don't play this game don't believe the problems I have with this card. When I had a 3070 the game ran butter smooth except the few fps-dropping bugs that are well known like the autocannon spam one. 

I got a basic PC with AMD and I really do notice the drops. Normal FPS is 25 and when it drops I sometimes get single digit numbers.