Edit History

di_duncan

di_duncan

Rewording

1 hour ago, Zemosu said:

That is more than some peoples entire rig and mentioning that it still drops to 60fps as soon as there is some action is rather disappointing.

Definitely not as well optimized as I'd like. 

However, some factors of note:

• I haven't updated my GPU drivers in over a year (laziness, I guess)... I'm sure I could squeeze some more FPS out of this if I did.
  • CryEngine is a rather taxing engine to begin with. Considering it's infamous use on the Crysis games, I'm not sure how much more optimized AW can become.
1 hour ago, Zemosu said:

On the other note maybe it's subjective

Oh it's subjective for sure. I think it looks fine because I'm not looking for graphics or realism, I just want decent performance and to have fun ;)

1 hour ago, Zemosu said:

the textures still look bad IMHO,  the vegetation is ugly and the way it "blends" in the terrain looks like axe work, actually most of the stuff don't really blend in very well, different texture clip, and various elements seem very oddly placed(buildings look bad).

Definitely not as visually appealing compared to more modern/updated titles. The terrain (rocks, ground, etc.) is particularly rough/jagged, but I believe this is due to my settings. As for the inconsistent asset design language, IIRC many resources are simply stock/modified CryEngine assets.

Since my settings are all over the place (although mostly low/minimum), I'm confident my game can look better, I just prefer performance over visuals.

di_duncan

di_duncan

48 minutes ago, Zemosu said:

That is more than some peoples entire rig and mentioning that it still drops to 60fps as soon as there is some action is rather disappointing.

Definitely not as well optimized as I'd like. 

However, some factors of note:

• I haven't updated my GPU drivers in over a year (laziness, I guess)... I'm sure I could squeeze some more FPS out of this if I did.
  • CryEngine is a rather taxing engine. Considering it's infamous use on the Crysis games, I'm not sure how much more optimized AW can become.
53 minutes ago, Zemosu said:

On the other note maybe it's subjective

Oh it's subjective for sure. I think it looks fine because I'm not looking for graphics or realism, I just want decent performance and to have fun ;)

54 minutes ago, Zemosu said:

the textures still look bad IMHO,  the vegetation is ugly and the way it "blends" in the terrain looks like axe work, actually most of the stuff don't really blend in very well, different texture clip, and various elements seem very oddly placed(buildings look bad).

Definitely not as visually appealing compared to more modern/updated titles. The terrain (rocks, ground, etc.) is particularly rough/jagged, but I believe this is due to my settings. As for the inconsistent asset design language, IIRC many resources are simply stock/modified CryEngine assets.

Since my settings are all over the place (although mostly low/minimum), I'm confident my game can look better, I just prefer performance over visuals.