Edit History

di_duncan

di_duncan

Rewording and additional comments

3 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Trying to minimize RL cash outlay, similar to Haswell's ongoing experiment... so am working the progression vehicles. Currently in the stable I have a T5 Starshi*, a T6 M1 Abrams, and am currently grinding the T7 M1A1 Abrams. Yeah, I suppose in retrospect I should have started out grinding the Russian tanks, but chalk one up to noob ignorance.

OOF. Starting your grind with the Abr0ms line (in its current state) isn't particularly fun. Hopefully when 0.33 hits it'll be all worth it ;)

So now my recurring problem is that I just can't deal out enough damage fast enough. Lots of target rich environments (so I'm in the right spot on the maps), but the stock reload times are getting annoying.

Low tier 120mm guns all seem to have this rather pitiful trait. Sucks. 

But then again, 0.33 might change that as well... Fingers crossed.

So I suppose I could grind a commander like Kramer, or push to get the LAV-900 for the V2 reload retrofit...

While Rachel's potential reload buff is high, her skills only trigger when in CQB. A rather annoying condition and also quite risky.  

Gun Breech V2 is worth it for vehicles you intend to play even after they're "renowned" (100%). For newer players however, it might be wise to save the credits for future use, since higher tier vehicles and upgrades will become quite expensive.  

Any other ideas for how to improve DPM on the cheap?

Improve crew stats. Specifically loader attributes.

By leveling up your loader and training them in the Rapid Fire skill, you can achieve up to a +5% RoF increase (for free). This can be increased by another +5% by equipping energy drink as a vehicle consumable.

Some commanders may also feature skills which increase crew stats. Philipp for example offers two skills increasing crew (and infantry) stats by 0.9%. Acquiring both (and equipping him as commander) would result in a +1.8% RoF increase.

Note that this method only increases reload speed on vehicles which seat a manual [crew] loader. Although this should not be a concern for your current grind, as all Wolfli MBTs tier 9 and under feature loaders. Consequently, vehicles without autoloaders cannot benefit (to the same degree) from crew stat enhancements. If you wish to learn more, I plan on posting a rather in-depth and extensive crew overview tomorrow. 

Good luck. 

di_duncan

di_duncan

2 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Trying to minimize RL cash outlay, similar to Haswell's ongoing experiment... so am working the progression vehicles. Currently in the stable I have a T5 Starshi*, a T6 M1 Abrams, and am currently grinding the T7 M1A1 Abrams. Yeah, I suppose in retrospect I should have started out grinding the Russian tanks, but chalk one up to noob ignorance.

OOF. Starting your grind with the Abr0ms line (in its current state) isn't particularly fun. Hopefully when 0.33 hits it'll be all worth it ;)

So now my recurring problem is that I just can't deal out enough damage fast enough. Lots of target rich environments (so I'm in the right spot on the maps), but the stock reload times are getting annoying.

So I suppose I could grind a commander like Kramer, or push to get the LAV-900 for the V2 reload retrofit...

While Kramer's potential reload buff is high, her skills only trigger when in CQB. A rather annoying condition and also quite risky.  

Gun Breech V2 is worth it for vehicles you intend to play even after they're "renowned" (100%). For newer players however, it might be wise to save the credits for future use, since higher tier vehicles and upgrades will become quite expensive.  

By leveling up your loader and training them in the Rapid Fire skill, you can achieve up to a +5% RoF increase (for free). This can be increased by another +5% by equipping energy drink as a vehicle consumable.

Some commanders may also feature skills which increase crew stats. Philipp for example offers two skills increasing crew (and infantry) stats by 0.9%. Acquiring both (and equipping him as commander) would result in a +1.8% RoF increase.

Note that this method only increases reload speed on vehicles which seat a manual [crew] loader. Although this should not be a concern for your current grind, as all Wolfli MBTs tier 9 and under feature loaders. Consequently, vehicles without autoloaders cannot benefit (to the same degree) from crew stat enhancements. If you wish to learn more, I plan on posting a rather in-depth and extensive crew overview tomorrow. 

Good luck. 

di_duncan

di_duncan

While Kramer's potential reload buff is high, her skills only trigger when in CQB. A rather annoying condition and also quite risky.  

Note that this method only increases reload speed on vehicles which seat a manual [crew] loader. Although this should not be a concern for your current grind, as all Wolfli MBTs tier 9 and under feature loaders. Vehicles with autoloaders cannot benefit (as much) from crew stat enhancements. If you wish to learn more, I plan on posting a rather in-depth and extensive crew overview tomorrow. 

Good luck. 

di_duncan

di_duncan

28 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

39 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

40 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Gun Breech V2 is worth it for vehicles you intend to play even after they're "renowned" (100%). For newer players, it might be wise to save the credits for future use, since higher tier vehicles and upgrades will become quite expensive.  

49 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Some commanders may also feature skills which increase crew stats. Philipp for example offers two skills increasing crew (and infantry) stats by 0.9%. Acquiring both would result in a +1.8% RoF increase.

Note that this method only increases reload speed on vehicles which seat a manual [crew] loader. Although this should not be a concern for your current grind, as all Wolfli MBTs tier 9 and under feature loaders. Vehicles with autoloaders cannot benefit (as much) from crew stat enhancements. If you wish to learn more, I plan on posting a rather in-depth and extensive crew overview tomorrow. 

Good luck.