Edit History

dyrewolfe

dyrewolfe

Well its nice to have bot behaviour explained in such detail.

That said, as others have commented, my personal experience seems contrary to these rules.

Most recently in a Tier 10 match on Scorpio, I had just been killed near the end of the battle. I decided to respawn. My tank (an XM1A3) re-appears near the near-side end of the bridge, then without firing a single shot, the game spawns a Superior XM1A3 and a T-15 right in my face. The T-15 tracks me almost instantly, then keeps me perma-tracked so it can ATGM me to death.

A few days ago I was playing the C13 TUA on Cerberus (with the flash-reduction / camo while shooting upgrade). I decide to drive up one of the slopes near the edge of the map, to give myself a good view...and immediately get spotted by every AI driving along the bottom of the valley / whatever, to the point I can barely get a shot off. Would like to add I was also trying to use the few bushes up there for cover too.

Similar happens when I play my PL-01 on practically any map. Most notably Watchdog & Sapphire. Even though I have the Adaptive Camo upgrade (which is apparently equivalent to a layer of foliage) and knock over trees to use as cover wherever possible...I STILL get spotted ridiculously often. Quite frequently when the game just happens to spawn a random bot right near my location, so I'm probably proximity spotted...then every AI knows where I am and seems to target me.

So yeah...my experiences don't seem to match the official rules at all.

EDIT:

----------

And just to add another one to the list: just tried to have a go at Ghost Hunter in my PL-01. Helped deal with the Bradleys that usually show up at the start...then another bloody T-15 materialises out of nowhere, tracks me and ATGMs me to death. This is inside the first minute of the game. At least 3 of my team mates were further forward than me...yet I got targeted!

dyrewolfe

dyrewolfe

Well its nice to have bot behaviour explained in such detail.

That said, as others have commented, my personal experience seems contrary to these rules.

Most recently in a Tier 10 match on Scorpio, I had just been killed near the end of the battle. I decided to respawn. My tank (an XM1A3) re-appears near the near-side end of the bridge, then without firing a single shot, the game spawns a Superior XM1A3 and a T-15 right in my face. The T-15 tracks me almost instantly, then keeps me perma-tracked so it can ATGM me to death.

A few days ago I was playing the C13 TUA on Cerberus (with the flash-reduction / camo while shooting upgrade). I decide to drive up one of the slopes near the edge of the map, to give myself a good view...and immediately get spotted by every AI driving along the bottom of the valley / whatever, to the point I can barely get a shot off. Would like to add I was also trying to use the few bushes up there for cover too.

Similar happens when I play my PL-01 on practically any map. Most notably Watchdog & Sapphire. Even though I have the Adaptive Camo upgrade (which is apparently equivalent to a layer of foliage) and knock over trees to use as cover wherever possible...I STILL get spotted ridiculously often. Quite frequently when the game just happens to spawn a random bot right near my location, so I'm probably proximity spotted...then every AI knows where I am and seems to target me.

So yeah...my experiences don't seem to match the official rules at all.