Edit History

di_duncan

di_duncan

Additional comments

1 hour ago, itzjustrick said:

Don't most people also find it to be nerfed in the wrong way for PvP play.

meanwhile the CATTB does 1.6+ k dmg in 1 second

it is still absolute crap to fight against frontally with another mbt

Of course. I'm some of my discussions both on this forum and privately with friends, I've brainstormed some potential changes:

• Reduce LFP effectiveness against AP or Nerf gun handling to 490 levels
  • Increase delay between shots to ~XM1A3 level (for consistency)
  • Model hull armor layout to be more similar to XM1A3 (also to be more consistent)
    • Especially against HEAT
      • Larger/more prominent UFP/turret ring weakness
    • Removing its hydropneumatic suspension may also be preferable
  • Decrease side armor effectiveness
    • Extremely trollish side armor atm

But...

• Buff penetration to at least ~XM1A3 140mm levels (bigger gun should have some advantages)

Like it is still extremely strong and hard to fight against unless you have really high pen heat.

Definitely, but I believe the main issue with the CATTB's armor scheme is its layout/position.

I can pen the small sliver of weaker LFP even with a PL, but it's very inconsistent and often requires your vehicle to be at a lower elevation compared to the CATTB. This is mainly a consequence of the hydropneumatic suspension, which angles the already strong armor even further.

This is a fundamental factor as to why the CATTB is such a formidable brawler and face-hugger. When fighting in CQB, the CATTB is virtually immune to frontal fire. All the driver needs to do is face-hug an opponent (blocking other enemy vehicles from firing into his LFP) and wait for his reload. The facehugged opponent (even a 2AX) will also find it extremely difficult to penetrate the CATTB, since the UFP and turret ring is still quite strong. 

TBH, I think we all got a bit sidetracked here... This thread should be discussion about Ophelia, not comparing PvP vs PvE or complaining about CATTB ;)

di_duncan

di_duncan

44 minutes ago, itzjustrick said:

Don't most people also find it to be nerfed in the wrong way for PvP play.

meanwhile the CATTB does 1.6+ k dmg in 1 second

it is still absolute crap to fight against frontally with another mbt

Of course. I'm some of my discussions both on this forum and privately with friends, I've brainstormed some potential changes:

• Reduce LFP effectiveness against AP or Nerf gun handling to 490 levels
  • Increase delay between shots to ~XM1A3 level (for consistency)
  • Model hull armor layout to be more similar to XM1A3 (also to be more consistent)
    • Especially against HEAT
      • Larger/more prominent UFP/turret ring weakness
    • Removing its hydropneumatic suspension may also be preferable
  • Decrease side armor effectiveness
    • Extremely trollish side armor atm

But...

• Buff penetration to at least ~XM1A3 140mm levels (bigger gun should have some advantages)
56 minutes ago, itzjustrick said:

Like it is still extremely strong and hard to fight against unless you have really high pen heat.

Definitely, but I believe the main issue with the CATTB's armor scheme is its layout/position.

I can pen the small sliver of weaker LFP even with a PL, but it's very inconsistent and often requires your vehicle to be at a lower elevation compared to the CATTB. This is mainly a consequence of the hydropneumatic suspension, which angles the already strong armor even further.

This is a fundamental factor as to why the CATTB is such a formidable brawler and face-hugger. When fighting in CQB, the CATTB is virtually immune to frontal fire. All the driver needs to do is face-hug an opponent (blocking other enemy vehicles from firing into his LFP) and wait for his reload. The facehugged opponent (even a 2AX) will also find it extremely difficult to penetrate the CATTB, since the UFP and turret ring is still quite strong.