Sign in to follow this  
Baron_Georg

warning mecanic for missiles only

my google fu is not strong today.   looking for a guide or explanation as to why the missile warning indicator goes off when you are completely hidden by terrain or on the other side of a building that you can't shoot through.   does the game treat it like a radar receiver in that upon receiving a signal the alarm goes off and since its a radio wave can penetrate through a limited amount of dirt and buildings? 

There's no proper explanation based on "realism", but there should be an explanation on how the game engine determines when to show the warning.

As far as I can tell, the "missile warning" is shown whenever an enemy fires a missile in your general direction. I'm not sure how broad the definition of "general direction" is, but I can say that the system does not differentiate based on the intended target, distance behind cover, or whether or not you're spotted. If an enemy missile is within the detection range of your APS system and will pass within a particular arbitrary distance of your tank (regardless of whatever obstacles might be in the way), it will trigger the missile warning. As such, it is entirely possible to get a missile warning from halfway across the map (especially in PvE where the ranges are compressed) while unspotted and on the other side of several buildings or large terrain features.