Pedestrian

OT-64 Cobra : Suffering is the name of the game.

Wiki article: https://armoredwarfare.gamepedia.com/OT-64_Cobra
MyGames development article: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-ot-64-cobra

Disclaimer: The reviews are bias toward PvE and personal preference.:bagette:

OT - 64 Cobra. Ladies and gentleman, this is undoubtedly the champion of the worst "tank" playable in Armored Warfare (source: thousand and thousand of tormented souls playing the game, also also from Primer7G's video), beating even the Rosomark tier 7 AFV (see what i did there? foreshadowing).

"Oh. Why is that?" some may ask.
Well my friend, i'll save you the time by letting you know almost everything about this sucker we have today. :tophatseal:

Name: OT - 64 Cobra Chonker
Tier: 5 (NOT A TYPO)
Class: Land Carrier

Features:

• Subtle movement: moving on a low speed doesn't reduce your camouflage factor. With your size of a mansion and the camo value of 28% base, this thing can be spotted from the moon before it can see anything. Firing for 2s out of the auto canon will announce your present to the entire map. Finding a bush big enough to hide it inside? I'll choose finding a cure to HIV please.
  • Designated target: vehicle has the ability to designate targets that are within line of sight and vision range. Designated targets are called out and takes increased damage. Just don't fire the gun while painting.
  • Waterproof: this vehicle can remain longer under water. This sucker took 20 seconds to drown instead of 10 so jumping off a cliff is a more favorable mean to end your suffering.:whatislove:

Combat capacity: 

• Sustained Damage: For a tier 5 AFV, this thing somehow got the worst damage output. Despite firing APFSDS with the highest pen for non prem *cough* XM247 *cough*, the Chonker have the lowest damage value and shell velocity out of any 30mm auto canon, even got spat on by the VBL's 20mm. The ATGM option is also locked behind an EXP wall of over 30k+ and no stock rocket for you to play around.:feelsbadsealk:
  • Defense: Armor tied with the VBL for the worst but we all know VBL's life line is its speed and size which in this case...:triggered:
  • Mobility: If you ever drive a tractor, ya'll know. 0 to 32kph time of 5s give or take is absolutely incredible for a land whale :partyhardseal: and the best part is it's a wheeled vehicle, which mean any of your wheel got pop, you practically crawling. 
  • Utility: Surprisingly has decent stock view range of 425 meters.
  • Targeting: Very limited gun angle of -6/+12. Average turret traverse speed of around 72 and standard accuracy of 0.120. i give it the score of... 3.6

The only saving grace for OT-64 is the new-ish Infantry mechanic from its Troop Compartment. However, after "The great AT team massacrecirca March 5th - 2020, I can't see any newb being able to deploy and get out of the way in one piece. This is, for all intent and purposes, a tonk only a mother could love.

P/S: If you have any feedback, don't hesitate and bash the shit out of me. Any contribution is welcomed.

45286c3d914e060a8341455f171fb723.jpg

Edited by Pedestrian
erm... editting (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

It's big, is school bus for infantry. It's something I skipped because I could jump to the BVP from the BMP-1P,  thank goodness.

Moved to the AFV section, fits better there.

Spoiler

The OT65-A was meh aswell so I skipped that thing right away.

But you just gave me a reason to try it out again :kek: Let's see how that goes.

The gun angle of -6° already bothers me from just reading it. And man that thing is huge!

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

I was going to put the review on the tank discussion but afraid it will be drown under "real tank meta discussion", also if i to make this a mini series i think some really big real estate gonna be needed :whatislove: 

7 hours ago, Haswell said:

It's big, is school bus for infantry. It's something I skipped because I could jump to the BVP from the BMP-1P,  thank goodness.

Moved to the AFV section, fits better there.

I was going to put the review on the tank discussion but afraid it will be drown under "real tank meta discussion", also if i to make this a mini series i think some really big real estate gonna be needed :whatislove: 

Of all the games I play, there are exactly 3 vehicles that have been blessed with name of Cobra:

• There is the Cobra Mk III, a classic design that first appeared in 1984's Elite on the BBC Micro. It can turn on a dime, take a hit, hit back harder, and it's FAST.
  • The Cobra Mk IV is a revised version of the Cobra Mk III. It's not as fast or agile as the Mk III, but it has more space for armour, guns, and other stuff. It's a bit of a lemon, but can still be quite useful in a specialized role.
  • The OT-64.

Can we start weekly series where we make a tier list for each class and tier of vehicle? I can already say for certain that the Cobra Chonker would get placed in 'D' tier on a ranking of S-A-B-C-D for the tier 5 AFV category.

The OT is by far far away the "best, special" vehicle in the game, but in my opinion (PVE) if U chose carefully the map, put retrofits and a good commander it can gief U some decent games. And by far this is not a vehicle for the guys who just started to play the game

13 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

Of all the games I play, there are exactly 3 vehicles that have been blessed with name of Cobra:

• There is the Cobra Mk III, a classic design that first appeared in 1984's Elite on the BBC Micro. It can turn on a dime, take a hit, hit back harder, and it's FAST.
  • The Cobra Mk IV is a revised version of the Cobra Mk III. It's not as fast or agile as the Mk III, but it has more space for armour, guns, and other stuff. It's a bit of a lemon, but can still be quite useful in a specialized role.
  • The OT-64.

Can we start weekly series where we make a tier list for each class and tier of vehicle? I can already say for certain that the Cobra Chonker would get placed in 'D' tier on a ranking of S-A-B-C-D for the tier 5 AFV category.

I think i can figure this out and we can have ranking system from tier 3 up to 10 of all variety so people can have some laugh and good source of info on the game.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, TeyKey1 said:

The OT65-A was meh aswell so I skipped that thing right away.

But you just gave me a reason to try it out again :kek: Let's see how that goes.

The gun angle of -6° already bothers me from just reading it. And man that thing is huge!

Ah I see, you are a man of culture suffering as well. :tophatseal:

I've now suffered for 4 Battles after I quit it again. You can get it to work in PVP but it's pretty hard. The ATGM are very annoying as you gain control over them very late after firing.

It would be a very decent tank if it would get more hitpoints, more damage on the gun and get the ATGM control delay reduced.

The Viewrange is pretty decent on that thing and the camo is not that bad either given it is a boat sized vehicle.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg