Sign in to follow this  
TeyKey1

Panzer 87-140

The swiss army strikes back! Given I was in service on a Panzer 87 Leo WE I had to have it.  Time to short review the Panzer 87 140 after couple GLOPS and PVE battles. :happyseal:

Price:

Firs things first. It's currently a lootbox tank as you would expect from a new T10 prem. From people I heard of and my own experience of course, you should get the tank after around 100 boxes. If you're lucky though 50-60 boxes can also already give you the 100 Blueprints required. Given you're usually not lucky you have to calculate around 100 boxes (175 Eur). Obviously it's pretty expensive and if you only want the tank because of its potentially good performance I can already tell you it's not worth it.

If you kinda want it but it's too expensive for you or you despise lootboxes it's quite certain the tank will arrive in a 150Eur bundle with gold and commander at one point (better value for price). Probably not in the near future though.

Some images:

It's a beauty for sure. :wubseal: Most prominent thing is probably the exhaust muffler. Not sure why they put it on the tank though as those are not used in combat configuration. Nevertheless a nice feature giving it the unique look of the training tanks. It's got some additional armor plating on the hull as well as on the turret. And the enormous gun of course.

NLeCQWN.png

gdkFGPr.png

Some stats:

5rWGdOF.png

The winrate of 85% is quite high currently and way above my average of 60%. We need to keep this in mind while watching those stats because they'll likely drop a bit once winrate starts to normalize. 15k average is quite high compared to my other T10 MBTs but with taking the winrate into account this value starts to become average. Of course it can't compete at all with Type 10 and the likes. Battle and Firing efficiency is actually quite good right now but also might drop to a slightly above average.

Clearly outstanding is the average potential damage received of around 6k damage. Compared to the average 10-15k on other T10 MBTs this is pretty lacking and suggests quite bad armor.

T9tsXhI.png

The PVE stats mainly consist of Heroics and some plague matches with randoms (also the cause of the losses). Clearly shitty winrate caused by the fact that it's quite hard to kill the firing points fast enough in this tank because randoms rarely bother with those and wonder why they keep loosing. Average damage is a bit above my average. But this is a bit hard to tell because of the nature of PVE and the vastly different achieveable damage values per modes/maps. Potentail damage received is quite high here, mainly because the bots are pretty dumb and as long as you do hull down nothing bad will happen.

Equipment and crew:

In general I did emphasize on viewrange in this build because the Leo offers the improved thermal imager module as a choice instead of the improved reload, which grants a 40m VR boost. 

Retrofits:

- Rammer (Who doesn't like higher rof)
- Optics (Because of VR build)
- Filter Systems (Not required more of a module I like to use a lot because of the better acceleration and added engine durability)
- AI targeting system (Again not really required. Could also use something else, but it makes the already excellent gun a tad bit better in terms of handling)

Modules:

As already said I use the "Improved Thermal Imager" module instead of the "Improved autoloader" module. The autoloader gives 5.5% better reload, the thermal imager +40m VR and 30% improved spotting through foliage. In my opinion the 5.5% reload boost is hardly noticeable (small fraction of a second) and therefore not worth to trade against 40m VR boost especially in PVP. In PVE you could choose the loader as VR doesn't matter too much usually and dpm is key.

Crew:

- Commander: Juan Carlos Miramon Skilled for accuracy while moving https://csb-hype.5v.pl/?miramon=A1B1B3C1C2C3D1D3D4E1F1G1G2G3G4 his main-skill gives us a 32m VR boost if no friendlies are within 25m. Upping the VR of the tank to 457m. The accuracy skills make the gun accurate enough to hit stuff reliably on the move up to medium range (depending on the size of the target)
- Driver: offroad driving, overall accuracy while moving
- Gunner: aimspeed, improved gun hp (can be replaced by something else instead, was just annoyed by bots wrecking my gun constantly)

Consumables:

- Oil (figured med kit is not needed as crew doesn't get killed often, can also replace this with a second repair kit for ultimate GLOPS experience)
- Improved Repair kit
- Improved fire extinguisher (Due to its vulnerability to HE and frontal ammorack)
- Jesus kit (Because I don't bother with getting no damage in PVE)

Ammo:

29x HEAT (Given the high HEAT pen and good gun handling you can use HEAT as your primary ammo in GLOPS)
15x AP

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

- Excellent gun and ammo. The gun is a dream to use. You hardly notice it's a 140mm because it's accurate even on the move to a certain degree. Good aim times too. You won't struggle to hit weakspots even at long ranges, especially when you shoot AP. HEAT has a high penetration of 1045mm and AP of 950mm at 150m which both are excellent. Damage of HEAT rolls around 900 up to 1025dmg. AP damage is 855. As you'll be using HEAT mostly you can slap enemies with 900-1000dmg shells every ~7.5-8s

- Good viewrange with VR module (390m) gives you the ability to spot even better concealed stuff fast once they engage you.

- Auxiliary Ballistic Processor module: Gives you pinpoint accuracy if you stand still for 9.5s. It's more of a gimmick usually, especially in GLOPS where you move a lot. But there's some situations where it can become invaluable support and a significant advantage. For example on very long range shots on well armored onehsot targets with good positions. You'll hit weakspots at such distances unlike any other gun existing in the game.

- Elevation angles of the gun (-10°/20°) The negative one is pretty good compared to other MBTs (without pneumatics) and makes hulldown plays a bit more comfortable to execute

- 360° smoke the pinnacle of smoke

Cons:

- Armor in general: It's basically a T7 hull given you angle your hull in a suboptimal way the enemy will have no problems penning your ufp. Turret armor is good enough though which allows for effective hulldown play. Side armor is uber crap (especially on hull) ACs with around 150mm of pen will be able to pen your sides.

- HE and Chip damage resistance: It's bad. Enemies can chip you for quite some damage. Compared to other T10 MBTs this is eating quite a damn lot of it. High caliber HE resistance is as bad as you would expect. lfp HE hit is insta ammorack and Arty can splash you for an easy 500 usually even by just hitting 2m besides the tank. On direct hits (frontally) the Cent even tends to do full pens with the immediate catastrophic results. This is by far the worst protected MBT against HE splash. It eats so much of it once Arty starts to shoot you it's incredible. Was first thinking this is bugged.

As you can see there's not much it's exceeding in and given you're forced to play a more cautious playstyle in order to not get wrecked immediately it's simply not competitive against most of the current T10 MBTs especially in GLOPS. There has hardly ever been a situation where I was thinking that there isn't another MBT which can do it better than the Panzer 87. So in general not recommended as it's not competitive at all in its current state. Doesn't mean it's not fun to play though because I had a lot of fun playing it. Maybe I just like bad vehicles:dwi2:

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

I had some high hopes for it being an analog to the 2AX with it getting one thing in trade off for something else to make it niche in a particular role.

Playing with it in the training area it just didn't have it and it just didn't get me as excited as I would have expected it given how much I love the Leopards in general.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."